Poll: Will they extend Dak by March 13th?

POLL: Will Dak be extended by March 13th?

• Total voters

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Haven't you heard that Dakko going into next season without a contract is taking us to the Superbowl?
He will accomplish this with a less talented team around him and teammates who have very little faith he can carry the team to playoff glory.
Watch our friend here as he is a deep die-hard Dak fan even though he has tried to hide this fact for years now.
He's not Jerry but if he was he would give Dak a 5 year 300 million deal in a heartbeat.
I'm quite willing to give Dak, another, chance, tough I do remember there was near consensus on here last year that 2023 would be Dak's watershed.

If fans can't see that the 2xSF's play-off loses (REGARDLESS OF OTHER FACTORS) still ended with Dak having the ball in his hands, unable to execute (didnt he have 4 late 4th Q drives to win/tie the games), then GB - just capitulating (Hey-ho, he comes to life when the games gone and pressure's off).

Ive got to the point that the contract doesnt matter, neither does the roster, if he cant perform under the pressure he cant do it ....end of. Sports full of talented players that just cant take pressure. I think I'm fairly lenient, give him this last chance, we're not expecting much, maybe that reduced expectation allows him to play.......ironically, it may be the pressure of playing up to the contract which effects that composure.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He will be extended, but not before March 13. Waiting gives them an excuse to be 2nd and 3rd tier only players in free agency, which is what they had planned to do all along.

The only way Dallas doesn’t extend Dak is if he decides he wants out and waives his no trade clause and says trade me or pay me.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm quite willing to give Dak, another, chance, tough I do remember there was near consensus on here last year that 2023 would be Dak's watershed.

If fans can't see that the 2xSF's play-off loses (REGARDLESS OF OTHER FACTORS) still ended with Dak having the ball in his hands, unable to execute (didnt he have 4 late 4th Q drives to win/tie the games), then GB - just capitulating (Hey-ho, he comes to life when the games gone and pressure's off).

Ive got to the point that the contract doesnt matter, neither does the roster, if he cant perform under the pressure he cant do it ....end of. Sports full of talented players that just cant take pressure. I think I'm fairly lenient, give him this last chance, we're not expecting much, maybe that reduced expectation allows him to play.......ironically, it may be the pressure of playing up to the contract which effects that composure.
Every year for the past 3 years has been Dak's "prove it" year. He's proven over and over again what he is, some people just won't let their brains agree with what their eyes are seeing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But...2nd place in MVP voting!
And winning a couple divisions and 3 consecutive 12 win playoff seasons .

Not bad for a QB who doesn’t overall perform well against better teams and in the playoffs .

What teams are releasing 12 win divisional winner QB’s.

The mistake is over paying and over hyping our QB and team overall . Expectations are too high and why the disappointments are so high.
That’s on our ownership, media and some fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Every year for the past 3 years has been Dak's "prove it" year. He's proven over and over again what he is, some people just won't let their brains agree with what their eyes are seeing.
I agree. He and this team continue to be over hyped . We see how they blow out lesser teams and struggle against most better teams .

But yet we still have these lofty expectations in the playoffs . Most fans do see what level this team and QB are but yet are still disappointed .

Most had us as 3rd or 4th best team in NFC and prob 5th seed. Which means lucky to get out of WC round . But when Egirls collapsed and Detroit squandered 2nd seed many thought we were more .

They saw how SF and Buffalo pounded us . But yet still thought we deserved to be on that level. Yea, fans certainly let their emotions get the best of them instead of trusting what they saw.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not bad for a QB who doesn’t overall perform well against better teams and in the playoffs .

The mistake is over paying and over hyping our QB and team overall . Expectations are too high and why the disappointments are so high.
I guess I don;t care about voting awards...let alone 2nd places. I want us to play strong and smart, especially from our star QB....even in defeat.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree. He and this team continue to be over hyped . We see how they blow out lesser teams and struggle against most better teams .

But yet we still have these lofty expectations in the playoffs . Most fans do see what level this team and QB are but yet are still disappointed .

Most had us as 3rd or 4th best team in NFC and prob 5th seed. Which means lucky to get out of WC round . But when Egirls collapsed and Detroit squandered 2nd seed many thought we were more .

They saw how SF and Buffalo pounded us . But yet still thought we deserved to be on that level. Yea, fans certainly let their emotions get the best of them instead of trusting what they saw.
OK, so we (and Dak) are overhyped, the problem remains that Dak's failing isnt really the roster around him, it's that he can't step put and it appears (SF x2 and GB), that this reoccurs. Giving him money, knowing he's going to crack at the same pressure moment isnt the wisest thing to do. Restructure his money (DLaw and Diggs), sure up DT,LB and running game and test to see whether Dak can overcome those nerves/anxiety's or whatever it is that restricts his effectiveness in these same situations.
If he succeeds we give him a massive Signing Bonus and sign him for 10 years..... giving us a couple of years with limited CAP Hits.....everyone's happy. If he doesnt like Dallas and decides to move, then that's on him, but im sure we'll give him the incentive to stay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK, so we (and Dak) are overhyped, the problem remains that Dak's failing isnt really the roster around him, it's that he can't step put and it appears (SF x2 and GB), that this reoccurs. Giving him money, knowing he's going to crack at the same pressure moment isnt the wisest thing to do. Restructure his money (DLaw and Diggs), sure up DT,LB and running game and test to see whether Dak can overcome those nerves/anxiety's or whatever it is that restricts his effectiveness in these same situations.
If he succeeds we give him a massive Signing Bonus and sign him for 10 years..... giving us a couple of years with limited CAP Hits.....everyone's happy. If he doesnt like Dallas and decides to move, then that's on him, but im sure we'll give him the incentive to stay.
I agree with most of this. But Dak isn’t only one over hyped. And most of team performance was poor as well on bigger stages.

Dak is way over paid. But that’s on our owner. I was for moving on 5 years ago. Shoot, I wanted to put Romo back in 2016. He was struggling against better teams back then.

And we saw his struggles again when Zeke was out in 2017. But our owner has been determined to prove Dak was the right decision. And continues hyping him and team.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

This isn’t a singles sport smh. What is wrong with some of y’all?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
they always do, soon as he throws his first bad pass/INT the fans at the game should be LOUD in their frustrations!!
I don't mind Prescott getting paid around $30 to $35 million. That is in the ballpark of what Stafford and Goff is making. If Prescott gets 60 million, he better be able to carry the team all the way to the superbowl like Maholmes.

Prescott needs to surround himself with talent like what SF does with Purdy. Otherwise, we ain't going places with Prescott making 60 million.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't mind Prescott getting paid around $30 to $35 million. That is in the ballpark of what Stafford and Goff is making. If Prescott gets 60 million, he better be able to carry the team all the way to the superbowl like Maholmes.

Prescott needs to surround himself with talent like what SF does with Purdy. Otherwise, we ain't going places with Prescott making 60 million.
Yeah but we've had talent and what has he done with it!!???

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well.....a restructure in 2023 changed that calculus, as Mahomes now makes $52.65 million annually through the 2026 season. How that helped enabled them to sign Jones to about $32M per year is a mystery to me.
Every team seems to be able to sign the players they want except for the Cowboys. Our excuse is that we need to conserve our cap in order to pay Lamb, Parsons, etc.
Yeah but we've had talent and what has he done with it!!???
What talent? Our fans overrate what we have. While other teams get better and better during the off season we always tend to say "we like our guys".