Pollard and Eckler Tandem at RB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about using Pollard and Eckler now and saving on not having to pay Zeke.

No I just pointed out that you can get guys like Ekeler for 5 or 6 million and team them with a quality young back like Pollard and have a great backfield and not spend 15 million on one guy. A guy that gets suspended, does dumb things, goes to Cabo, isn't in shape, and is an otherwise poor leader on the team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Downplaying the importance of one of the best players on the team who’s a key cog in our offense is a waste of time.
I haven’t downplayed his importance. I am saying the other RBs weren’t as bad as you think.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is more than one team in the NFL. Do you watch or follow the rest of the league?

Why don't you look up the stats for rushing leaders winning the SB of late. When was the last time?

Yah balance is awesome, but when you have one of the best lines in football, you don't need all your eggs in one basket like Zeke. A committee of quality backs can get the job done. Overkill having to spend 15 million on one guy.

But since I go against logic, feel free to list the things my logic has been wrong about.

It doesn’t matter what other teams have done the Cowboys have never won a championship without having an elite runner. It would take all day to list the things you’ve been wrong about. It’s almost like you’re on a mission to be wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s what you insinuated and you were proven wrong.

Nothing was proven. But I did tell you that I accepted your comment that you didn't like Quincy. But again, you don't seem to read so well apparently. Still arguing with a guy that has acknowledged your comment already.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven’t downplayed his importance. I am saying the other RBs weren’t as bad as you think.

You don’t seem to be in support of him. Would you rather have an RB by committee with a couple of cheap backups or Zeke?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You don’t seem to be in support of him. Would you rather have an RB by committee with a couple of cheap backups or Zeke?
Would love to have him but would prefer he didn’t come at the 4th overall pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nothing was proven. But I did tell you that I accepted your comment that you didn't like Quincy. But again, you don't seem to read so well apparently. Still arguing with a guy that has acknowledged your comment already.

You’re the one arguing this all started with you. You’re the one who brought up Quincy Carter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would love to have him but would prefer he didn’t come at the 4th overall pick.

To get a back of his quality that’s where he had to be drafted. If we didn’t get him we would have ended up with Jalen Ramsey who would’ve been a problem. It worked out in our favor.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what other teams have done the Cowboys have never won a championship without having an elite runner. It would take all day to list the things you’ve been wrong about. It’s almost like you’re on a mission to be wrong.

Interesting, yet you cant name anything. LOL

And in your defense of Zeke, you only want to talk about the Cowboys and not the other 31 teams. LOL

Stuck in a corner much? bubububububut I don't care what the rest of the league does!!!!! As if the Cowboys are the gold standard for team building. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re the one arguing this all started with you. You’re the one who brought up Quincy Carter.

I am not arguing anymore, I am agreeing with you. But yet you are still arguing. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Why does everyone have to like Zeke Elliott and like his contract? Does that offend you personally?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Interesting, yet you cant name anything. LOL

And in your defense of Zeke, you only want to talk about the Cowboys and not the other 31 teams. LOL

Stuck in a corner much? bubububububut I don't care what the rest of the league does!!!!! As if the Cowboys are the gold standard for team building. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

No offense but I don’t follow your posts because I know your posting history from all your failed Super Bowl predictions in the early 2000’s on the old board. :laugh: Name all the championships the Cowboys have won without having an elite runner?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To get a back of his quality that’s where he had to be drafted. If we didn’t get him we would have ended up with Jalen Ramsey who would’ve been a problem. It worked out in our favor.

Again you couldn't be more wrong. Of all the top backs in the NFL the only guys that falls in that category is Zeke and Barkley.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Both have had their issues, but it’s spilled milk and no sense crying over it. I just wish we had 2016 Zeke back for the investment.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why does everyone have to like Zeke Elliott and like his contract? Does that offend you personally?

You don’t have to like his contract the point is he’s a great player who earned it. He played up to it this past season, which is more than can be said for DLaw. If there was a contract not to like it was his.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Both have had their issues, but it’s spilled milk and no sense crying over it. I just wish we had 2016 Zeke back for the investment.

There’s more issues with Ramsey which is why he’s not playing with his original team. I wish we had the 2016 OL back.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No offense but I don’t follow your posts because I know your posting history from all your failed Super Bowl predictions in the early 2000’s on the old board. :laugh: Name all the championships the Cowboys have won without having an elite runner?

Yet you cant name any. LOL That would be case closed. And I haven't predicted a SB since the 90's.

When was the last time the Cowboys won a championship? And was there a salary cap when won it?

Zeke has two rushing titles, did we win SB's either year? CASE CLOSED!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet you cant name any. LOL That would be case closed. And I haven't predicted a SB since the 90's.

When was the last time the Cowboys won a championship? And was there a salary cap when won it?

Zeke has two rushing titles, did we win SB's either year? CASE CLOSED!!!!

I told you I don’t follow your posts here and I mentioned all your failed Super Bowl predictions from years ago on the old board. lol What have you been right about here care to post a quote?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don’t have to like his contract the point is he’s a great player who earned it. He played up to it this past season, which is more than can be said for DLaw. If there was a contract not to like it was his.

You seem to have problems grasping simple concepts. Or maybe its reading. My issue with Zeke is not the type of player he is. My issue is with his salary.

Dlaw I can live with because its a premium position. And without a DE of his caliber you might as well forget about you defense. Granted he didn't have the sack numbers last year. But here is one guy that is betting next season will be much different. If he doenst get injured.