Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not saying Zeke is "fat", but he's over-bulked which took away his explosion. They did it with Murray, Felix, and Julius. The new staff needs to lean him back down and same for Aldon Smith who clear bulked up too much as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is the last time Zeke did something like that? Pollard is the better RB now, he should be our stater.

When was the last time zeke had an open field 5 yards up?

Damn good run by Pollard. Very poor tackling by 9ers. I fully agree it's very rational to use this one play to compare the two RBs.

J12B

Reaction score
That's a damn good run......but if the Cowboys did that no one would be saying "GREAT RUN" we would be pissed off at the tackling...that's piss poor tackling......

Pollard ducked and spun at just the right moment trying to break free.

Tough to bring down with how quick and shifty Pollard is.

Zeke would've been looking for contact to fall forward and gain a few extra yards in that spot.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke would be flopping around on the ground behind the line of scrimmage like the tubby he is. No way we win that game with that clown in a jersey.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Pollards ceiling is poor mans McCaffrey and with all the injury concerns if you give him the ball 20-25 times.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said in a thread last week that tackling in the league is terrible. They just tried to grab his shirt and hang on.
Yeah that's insane I don't know if its because of the rules or what but man you can tackle better than that. That's not even trying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pollard ducked and spun at just the right moment trying to break free.

Tough to bring down with how quick and shifty Pollard is.

Zeke would've been looking for contact to fall forward and gain a few extra yards in that spot.
Yeah I disagree. Looked like poor tackling to me. Trying to take a running back down by the jersey....a recipe for disaster and even Zeke probably wouldn't go down on it. I get it....we are going to compare Pollard to Zeke and Pollard is the cheaper shiny new toy. I get it. But it doesn't take away that it was poor tackling displayed.

Cmac

Reaction score
We just won a game, granted its the 49ers that are injured just like the 'Boys, and Zeke was supportive and congratulatory all through the game with and about TPollard, despite missing his 1st game to injury......and this?...….You don't deserve anything close to a contender. After the kudos for a 40yd run, We talkin' bout Zeke reminds me of Allen Iverson's bafflement about a question about practice.

Allen-Iverson-Talkin-Bout-Practice-1.jpg

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
When is the last time Zeke did something like that? Pollard is the better RB now, he should be our stater.
That’s the thing. Zeke doesn’t do this. There are plenty of excuses for why he doesn’t do it to include bad QB, bad offensive line, bad play calling, and stacked boxes. Maybe this is a wake up for Zeke and he’ll be in a mission to prove people should “put some respect on his name” again.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That’s the thing. Zeke doesn’t do this. There are plenty of excuses for why he doesn’t do it to include bad QB, bad offensive line, bad play calling, and stacked boxes. Maybe this is a wake up for Zeke and he’ll be in a mission to prove people should “put some respect on his name” again.

It’s just new angles on the same stupidity. Now they are critiquing the quality of broken tackle it was, lol. A broken tackle by definition is going to be “poor tackling.”