Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No doubt.. Pollard had a solid all around day.. But if we didn't get the turnovers the struggles on the ground would have bitten us in the arse. There's a very good chance that we would have been down 10+ points and no longer even pretending to run the ball late in the game so the 40 yarder might never have happened. We did try to get the ball to the outside more than in most games this year once we realized that we weren't running it inside worth a damn. I liked that.. wish we would do more of it regardless of who the back is. We've got a couple of talented backs which should be a plus for us. I enjoyed the catches with nobody around him and again, if that's Zeke it never happens because Zeke is never going to be left THAT alone while he's on the football field. Pollard is valuable if no other reason than that. But if he takes a couple of those 80 yards like Zeke did a couple of years back he won't be left alone like that either. I like what Pollard brings to the offense.. It's a different element from Zeke.. which also is good for the Cowboys.. When we get back to actually blocking people both backs are going to get busy.. I look forward to it.

LOL........Zeke struggles on the ground every week, yet not a peep out of you about it. At least Pollard has the ability to hurt the defense in the passing game and with his big play ability.

And when the line is back to healthy and there are nice holes to run through, how do you think can do more damage with the holes he is given? Pollard no doubt about it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So yall were lauding that 2 yards per carry all day on the game thread? I am generally not on the computer during the game cause I don't like taking my laptop out of the port rep and I enjoy the game better when I can just watch the game. I will have to read through some of the comments about Pollard's greatness before that last play.. Should be interesting.. I do have to question your assertion that he "commanded attention from the defense" though. Pollard had several catches when there was not a defender within 5 yards of him. Sorry man but that is not "commanding attention." I did like that he ran hard between the tackles though.. but the only first down we converted on the ground was by Blake Bell. Aside from the 40 yarder of course. The Cowboys didn't move the ball on the ground worth a damn that day. If one good running play is enough for some folks to declare it a "good game" that's fine.. I'm not one of them. But it was just enough to win.. which is all that matters at the end of the day.
Yeah. I didn’t have a problem with his game. I thought he was effective early, instrumental in converting the 2 TDs with the great field position. We knew it would be hard to run against the 49ers. Had it been against a sorry defense then I would have had a different perspective.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt.. Pollard had a solid all around day.. But if we didn't get the turnovers the struggles on the ground would have bitten us in the arse. There's a very good chance that we would have been down 10+ points and no longer even pretending to run the ball late in the game so the 40 yarder might never have happened. We did try to get the ball to the outside more than in most games this year once we realized that we weren't running it inside worth a damn. I liked that.. wish we would do more of it regardless of who the back is. We've got a couple of talented backs which should be a plus for us. I enjoyed the catches with nobody around him and again, if that's Zeke it never happens because Zeke is never going to be left THAT alone while he's on the football field. Pollard is valuable if no other reason than that. But if he takes a couple of those 80 yards like Zeke did a couple of years back he won't be left alone like that either. I like what Pollard brings to the offense.. It's a different element from Zeke.. which also is good for the Cowboys.. When we get back to actually blocking people both backs are going to get busy.. I look forward to it.

I agree and really inside running all year has been a problem because of the issues on the OL. One thing Dallas did vs SF that I liked was using the short passing game to pick up 4 or 5 yards, Bill Walsh in SF with the west coast always considered those swing passes and quick hitters on the outside as a version of the run game for his system. As for Zeke I understand the lack of yards rushing and it is not age or non effort it is pure a simple an OL that has seen over 8 combinations over the course of the year and no team can have that many changes along the OL without it having a big negative effect. I do have an issue with the fumbles something Zeke has not had issues with in the past but I do not foresee that as an issue in the future.