Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

CWR

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter who starts. Neither one is a lead back at this point in their careers. Split carries 50/50 and we good.

We really don't know what Pollard would do as a starter. He hasn't had that opportunity. I hope Zeke sits again. This is a great time to see exactly what Pollard is capable of in a starting role. I dont mind splitting carries but you need coaches who have a good enough feel for the game they dont interrupt momentum.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL........so because your hero Zeke sucks and cant do his job properly, its the OC's fault? Even with a beat up Oline Pollard got the job done no problem. And he was very very effective in the passing game with 6 catches for 69 yards. AGAIN, just more effective in what he does than Zeke.

Only issues I have with Moore is that he continues to give Zeke 90% of the touches in his offense. However, I have a feeling Zeke is being pushed on him. It will be interesting to see where things go from here.

Why even bother to post stuff like this? Zeke has what 211? carries and Pollard has 87? So about a 65-35 split. All told that's probably about right. When you say Pollard "got the job done" it's curious because the best drive of the day was with Dowdle at RB. On the first drive Pollard ran for 3,3,2 and 1. 4 carries for 9 yards.. Get that bust ready..
The second drive one carry for 7 ..
Third drive one carry for 0
Next drive -1, 2. 2 carries for 1 yard.
Next drive one carry for 1 yard.

So far 9 carries for 18 yards.. If not for the turnovers granting us the short field this is a recipe for a lot of 3rd and longs and a lot of punts. But that's what Pollard entered the 4th quarter with. He had fared a sight better as a receiver.. but that inability to sustain any kind of running game put the Cowboys in a bind, which thankfully the defense bailed them out of. They had only one drive in which they moved the ball more than 50 yards.. which means without the turnovers the 6 punts would have been more like 9 or 10 and the Cowboys would have lost handily. I'm not going to sit here and denigrate Pollard though. He put up a good effort.. and he had a couple of nice plays.. but in between those couple of nice plays was a whole lotta nothin.. Which as I have said many times.. is simply not winning football.. Unless of course you can guarantee that you would have 3 TD drives that travel a total of 92 yards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We'll see….not sure about the hero label you grant to me about Zeke.....your excuse for Moore is comical though. Pollard was MIA in the offense for a length, with Zeke in street clothes. You got a feeling Zeke is being pushed, based on a feeling.....yours. CowboyRoy…..c'mon man. I'm hoping Zeke is out this week too.....to continue to get a benchmark on Pollard. I suspect KMoore will muck that up.
I want zeke back so we lose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why even bother to post stuff like this? Zeke has what 211? carries and Pollard has 87? So about a 65-35 split. All told that's probably about right. When you say Pollard "got the job done" it's curious because the best drive of the day was with Dowdle at RB. On the first drive Pollard ran for 3,3,2 and 1. 4 carries for 9 yards.. Get that bust ready..

So far 9 carries for 18 yards.. If not for the turnovers granting us the short field this is a recipe for a lot of 3rd and longs and a lot of punts. But that's what Pollard entered the 4th quarter with. He had fared a sight better as a receiver.. but that inability to sustain any kind of running game put the Cowboys in a bind, which thankfully the defense bailed them out of. They had only one drive in which they moved the ball more than 50 yards.. which means without the turnovers the 6 punts would have been more like 9 or 10 and the Cowboys would have lost handily. I'm not going to sit here and denigrate Pollard though. He put up a good effort.. and he had a couple of nice plays.. but in between those couple of nice plays was a whole lotta nothin.. Which as I have said many times.. is simply not winning football.. Unless of course you can guarantee that you would have 3 TD drives that travel a total of 92 yards.

Another long winded rant. Gig is up. At this point your becoming the poster child for zeke apologist.

How’s that sample size looking now?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Sweet breakdown of Pollard rushes Ronald.

Now do the same for Zeke:

14 carries for 34 yards (2.43 YPC) in Week 3
18 carries for 51 yards (2.83 YPC) in Week 9
10 carries for 32 yards (3.2 YPC) in Week 12

Reactions: CWR

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Another long winded rant. Gig is up. At this point your becoming the poster child for zeke apologist.

How’s that sample size looking now?

Doesn't look any different than before.. I'm still not willing to accept 10-11 carries of nothing for one big play.. That's a recipe for a lot of punting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sweet breakdown of Pollard rushes Ronald.

Now do the same for Zeke:

14 carries for 34 yards (2.43 YPC) in Week 3
18 carries for 51 yards (2.83 YPC) in Week 9
10 carries for 32 yards (3.2 YPC) in Week 12

Who's Ronald? Whoever he is.. he can go read the breakdown I've already done for both backs in every game.. I'm not doing it again..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doesn't look any different than before.. I'm still not willing to accept 10-11 carries of nothing for one big play.. That's a recipe for a lot of punting.

Don’t forget the 6 catches for 69 yards and 2 td’s. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who's Ronald? Whoever he is.. he can go read the breakdown I've already done for both backs in every game.. I'm not doing it again..
Here’s the bottom line that you don’t get.....

oline is bad so no running back is going to have tons of success. But a back like pollard that can make the big play and bounce it outside and can make one or two big plays and win you the game. And when the running lanes aren’t there he can make plays in the passing game and hurt the defense there.

zeke cant do that.

And when there are big holes, who will do more damage? More big plays from pollard.

Gig is up.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s all you get from zeke is 10-11 carries of nothing without the big play. Gig is up

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

So Ronald is not ready to accept “10-11 carries of nothing for one big play?”

Yet, you’re willing to accept Zeke’s 10-11 carries of nothing WITHOUT a big play.

You can’t make this level of blowharded hypocrisy up, lool.

Quality stuff.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Great run, but I don't get the reaction that Pollard had this remarkable game and should now start. The run game wasn't affective prior to that late TD.

My take was he looked good in the passing game and we probably should use him more on 3rd down. Get him into space in 1:1 situations he'll make plays happen. He's a good complimentary back and utility player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is a lead back these days? Pollard is the perfect back in a 2 or 3 RB situation. 15 carries and 5 receptions per game, pretty much just what he did last game.

Is that not exactly what I Just said? I said he's not a lead back.....what's a lead back? Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry are lead backs if you need a example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can make up all the dumb excuses you want. Pollard was simply too fast and slippery. He made them look like fools. Spin move at the perfect time between 3 or 4 guys then outraces a corner to the endzone.

Zeke cant do any of that. Pollard has broken several 40 yarders so lets not act like this never happens. This is what Pollard does.

Excuses for what? What are you even rambling about? Its poor tackling end of discussion. That's not a excuse that's simply stating what it was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We really don't know what Pollard would do as a starter. He hasn't had that opportunity. I hope Zeke sits again. This is a great time to see exactly what Pollard is capable of in a starting role. I dont mind splitting carries but you need coaches who have a good enough feel for the game they dont interrupt momentum.
He just started yesterday. I think he showed us what he was.

aria

Reaction score
Youre oddly obsessed with zekes weight. Literally every post
You’re oddly obsessed with defending zeke. Just admit it, he’s not even average, he sucks. I don’t care about 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019. I care about this year and he sucks. Blame it on whoever or whatever you want, he sat out with 2 years left on his contract until he was paid as the highest RB in the league and since then he’s been getting worse and worse.

Give it up panty sniffer, zeke’s best days are behind him and his contract sucks. There is literally nothing left you can defend him with, you just look silly at this point. Go away.