Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we already know how Pollard getting 20 carries would work.. It would work like the rest of his career.. An occasional highlight run, maybe one out of 20 runs would be over 20 yards.. About a third of his carries would go for 0 or negative yards.. and the rest would be 1, 2 or 3. Over the course of a season the pounding would take its toll on him and he would wear down.. Then in the offseason he would gain 10-15 pounds hoping to be able to hold up better under the pounding and the CZers would be here complaining that he never breaks any long runs and has lost his burst.. Time to start Rico Dowdle.. This has played out a half dozen times in the last 30 years with the Cowboys.. It's no different this time. I think you and I have both maintained from jump that they Cowboys need to use both guys better to do the things they do best. The offense works best when we do that. Let Zeke move the chains and protect our QBs.. let Pollard deliver the splash plays. Cowboys win, everybody's happy.. except the idiots on CZ who hate Zeke.. And really.. who cares about them?
Bravo. :clap:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think we already know how Pollard getting 20 carries would work.. It would work like the rest of his career.. An occasional highlight run, maybe one out of 20 runs would be over 20 yards.. About a third of his carries would go for 0 or negative yards.. and the rest would be 1, 2 or 3. Over the course of a season the pounding would take its toll on him and he would wear down.. Then in the offseason he would gain 10-15 pounds hoping to be able to hold up better under the pounding and the CZers would be here complaining that he never breaks any long runs and has lost his burst.. Time to start Rico Dowdle.. This has played out a half dozen times in the last 30 years with the Cowboys.. It's no different this time. I think you and I have both maintained from jump that they Cowboys need to use both guys better to do the things they do best. The offense works best when we do that. Let Zeke move the chains and protect our QBs.. let Pollard deliver the splash plays. Cowboys win, everybody's happy.. except the idiots on CZ who hate Zeke.. And really.. who cares about them?
Why wouldn't you use them both? All we hear is salary, being paid to be elite, blah blah blah. Non of that can be changed. And, non of that changes anything.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I concur....as have many. Used right, this could be a deadly combination. It seemed like last year we only used Pollard when Zeke put up his hand. That..is NOT making a good game plan to utilize them both.

I also concur about this draft/salary incessant silliness. It's typically an excuse to feed irrational hate. Then go on crusades to convince others of it...maddening!

Yeah we didn't draft Pollard because he's a scrub.. We wanted a guy who could come in and spell Zeke without a huge dropoff. Now that we are getting it people want to manufacture yet another running back controversy. It makes no sense.. Any objective person who watched Sunday's game knows that without the turnovers and short fields our offense did not move the ball worth a damn and a lot of that was on our 2 yards per carry until the last drive running game. Remove those turnovers and start those drives at our own 30.. The Cowboys moved the ball more than 50 yards once all game long... Without the turnovers that game is a 27-13 loss. Too many people are overinvested in bashing one guy or the other to deal with reality. This team needs Zeke to have any any chance of having viable running game. Especially behind a line that is asking the backs to break tackles in the backfield a third of the time. But maybe what we accomplished getting Pollard in space opens Moore's eyes and we can finally stop running every running play up the gut. Get both backs on the edges more and I bet they BOTH get more "splash plays."

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

......and we know for sure what Zeke provides as a runner...1-yard gain, couple of 3-4 yard gains, 0-yard gain mixed in with an 8-9 yard pop, but absolutely no big plays.

*BTW, have you been tuning into the radio lately Ron Ron? Just want to know if there’s anymore bogus reports from Zeke’s doctor about his injury and prognosis?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Off the top of my head guys that emerged from back up to starter? Kamara, Priest Holmes, Jamal Charles, Eckler, Micheal Turner, Brian Westbrook? (been awhile but I think he backed up Staley.) Obviously these back all have different tools, just examples of guys who went from back up to stud. Im not at all saying Pollard is destined for that level of success. My point is only that its happened before and TP hasn't had the opportunity yet. Give him a couple more starts and we may find out more.
I can’t speak on Ekeler but Kamara looked better in a dual back role to me personally. Kamara is not a 20-25 carries a year back but is forced to be one.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I concur....as have many. Used right, this could be a deadly combination. It seemed like last year we only used Pollard when Zeke put up his hand. That..is NOT making a good game plan to utilize them both.

I also concur about this draft/salary incessant silliness. It's typically an excuse to feed irrational hate. Then go on crusades to convince others of it...maddening!

Like I said yesterday.. we will never be able to get Zeke in the flat all alone the way the Niners repeatedly left Pollard on Sunday. No team ignores him like that unless he's on the sideline. Their DC has screamed in their linebackers' faces all week long that "If #21 drifts into the flat you go with him.. I don't care what else is going on.. DO NOT LEAVE THAT GUY UNATTENDED.. " .. You see this #21 guy has taken screens to the house 4-5 times in his career.. including two this year.. and a couple from 80 yards away.. That gets a defense's attention. Pollard's 30 yarder was nice.. but he's going to have to take a few more to the house before he gets the kind of attention Zeke gets.. Here's hoping he does just that because that would be awesome for my favorite team!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Werent you the one that said Pollard isnt a Henry or a Cook? So I reminded you that neither is Zeke.

What do we want? Zeke no longer holding this team back on the field or with his salary. Basically want him gone.

And then on the fan side for the Zeke lovers to finally admit they were wrong about both Zeke and Pollard, which they are.
Just because you say Pollard isn’t a lead back doesn’t mean you are saying Zeke is one at this point. Neither one is. You think complaining on this site is going to stop Zeke from getting carries? Haha!

it’s not about finally admitting anything. This is the first year where Zeke looks bad. That does not take away from his career.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
......and we know for sure what Zeke provides as a runner...1-yard gain, couple of 3-4 yard gains, 0-yard gain mixed in with an 8-9 yard pop, but absolutely no big plays.

*BTW, have you been tuning into the radio lately Ron Ron? Just want to know if there’s anymore bogus reports from Zeke’s doctor about his injury and prognosis?

Dude do you ever get tired of posting made up "facts?" What am I saying.. of course you don't.. that's why you keep doing it. I'm not interested in refuting any more of your tripe.. You'll just keep repeating it anyway.. so credibility is obviously not important to you.. Carry on..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dude do you ever get tired of posting made up "facts?" What am I saying.. of course you don't.. that's why you keep doing it. I'm not interested in refuting any more of your tripe.. You'll just keep repeating it anyway.. so credibility is obviously not important to you.. Carry on..

Right, right....the guy that straight-up made up a story that Dak's doctor got on the radio and said there was no ligament damage is scolding me about supposed made up "facts."

You should know this is part of being a blowhard Ronald. When you get caught making up "facts" you get called out. Don't be angry.

:facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just because you say Pollard isn’t a lead back doesn’t mean you are saying Zeke is one at this point. Neither one is. You think complaining on this site is going to stop Zeke from getting carries? Haha!

it’s not about finally admitting anything. This is the first year where Zeke looks bad. That does not take away from his career.
Not really concerned about the term “lead back”

Pollard could easily handle 15-20 touches a game with another back. Give me two of pollard to split up the load and I’m golden. I’d also want a short yardage type back as my third back.

Zeke l wouldn’t even want on the team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Right, right....the guy that straight-up made up a story that Dak's doctor got on the radio and said there was no ligament damage is scolding me about supposed made up "facts."

You should know this is part of being a blowhard Ronald. When you get caught making up "facts" you get called out. Don't be angry.

:facepalm:
LMAO!.. Like I said.. you will keep making up **** regardless of whether I refute it.. so I will waste no more of my time with you.. Enjoy!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

In just 87 carries this season, Pollard has four runs of more than 20 yards, including two of 40 or more. Just so you know, Elliott has one run of more than 40 yards since the start of the 2017 season, a span of 1,058 carries.

This season, Pollard averages a run of 10 or more yards every 8.7 carries, while Elliott averages one every 11.1 carries.

The reality is Elliott had 41 runs of 10-plus yards in 2018, 36 last season and 19 this season.

That downward trend matters because the NFL is about big plays. It’s too hard for NFL offenses to consistently drive the ball 75 yards for touchdowns; they need big plays to score points.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In just 87 carries this season, Pollard has four runs of more than 20 yards, including two of 40 or more. Just so you know, Elliott has one run of more than 40 yards since the start of the 2017 season, a span of 1,058 carries.

This season, Pollard averages a run of 10 or more yards every 8.7 carries, while Elliott averages one every 11.1 carries.

The reality is Elliott had 41 runs of 10-plus yards in 2018, 36 last season and 19 this season.

That downward trend matters because the NFL is about big plays. It’s too hard for NFL offenses to consistently drive the ball 75 yards for touchdowns; they need big plays to score points.

The Cowboys had ZERO drives of 75 yards on Sunday.. yet came away with 41 points.. How did they do that? Oh yeah.. the defense allowed them three TD drives to cover a total of 92 yards.. Maybe you don't need big plays as much as you need your defense and special teams to show up? Remove the turnovers from that game and those three drives likely end in punts.. Especially considering the running game was averaging 2 yards per carry. The Cowboys didn't win that game because of big plays on offense.. the won it because of big plays on defense and special teams.. To argue anything else is being intellectually dishonest. The offense put up 291 yards.. That's not winning a lot of games in the NFL ..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LMAO!.. Like I said.. you will keep making up **** regardless of whether I refute it.. so I will waste no more of my time with you.. Enjoy!

:lmao::laugh::lmao2:

6-F39-FD0-C-2445-4-AEE-BE00-439137-D55511.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Pollard really made you look like a chump in his first start. Did you cry when he hit that 40 yarder breaking 4 tackles to win the game? How many more games would we have won the last two years if Pollard was getting most of the carries instead of the plodding Zeke?

I think Pollard has as many TD's as Zeke this year in 1/3 of the carries. Shameful.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys had ZERO drives of 75 yards on Sunday.. yet came away with 41 points.. How did they do that? Oh yeah.. the defense allowed them three TD drives to cover a total of 92 yards.. Maybe you don't need big plays as much as you need your defense and special teams to show up? Remove the turnovers from that game and those three drives likely end in punts.. Especially considering the running game was averaging 2 yards per carry. The Cowboys didn't win that game because of big plays on offense.. the won it because of big plays on defense and special teams.. To argue anything else is being intellectually dishonest. The offense put up 291 yards.. That's not winning a lot of games in the NFL ..

LOL........I got news for you genius, turnovers ARE big plays. Game was in doubt with Cowboys up by 3 points. Pollard busted it wide open with a run Zeke isnt capable of doing. That was the WINNING PLAY. I could see you roll your eyes just as its happening knowing you are going to get hammered.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL........I got news for you genius, turnovers ARE big plays. Game was in doubt with Cowboys up by 3 points. Pollard busted it wide open with a run Zeke isnt capable of doing. That was the WINNING PLAY. I could see you roll your eyes just as its happening knowing you are going to get hammered.

Nope.. I laughed because I knew the idiots were finally going to come out of the woodwork. . And I know they were on pins and needles over Pollard's 2 ypc up to that point. Then ya finally got a decent run and out they came. They had been silent all game until that moment.. Kinda like Pollard.. at least on the ground though he'd had a nice day as a receiver..

And you have me confused with some other fans here.. I leaped off my couch and screamed (scared the hell outta the dog) when Pollard scored that TD.. Cause.. I cheer for EVERY player on my team and am happy when any of them makes a big play. The "I hate one guy so I need to pump up some other guy" is for other people.. Try it on them. Or use it in the mirror.. seems like it's applicable to you.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nope.. I laughed because I knew the idiots were finally going to come out of the woodwork. . And I know they were on pins and needles over Pollard's 2 ypc up to that point. Then ya finally got a decent run and out they came. They had been silent all game until that moment.. Kinda like Pollard.. at least on the ground though he'd had a nice day as a receiver..

And you have me confused with some other fans here.. I leaped off my couch and screamed (scared the hell outta the dog) when Pollard scored that TD.. Cause.. I cheer for EVERY player on my team and am happy when any of them makes a big play. The "I hate one guy so I need to pump up some other guy" is for other people.. Try it on them. Or use it in the mirror.. seems like it's applicable to you.
I wasn’t silent on Pollard throughout the game. He didn’t neglect to do anything Zeke would have done. He got tough yards, got hit in the backfield and limited yards lost, commanded attention from the defense, and was effective in the passing game against a good defense with a crappy offensive line. Then he did what Zeke is incapable of doing and what many Zeke haters want him to do, make a big play happen.

Just because your post wasn’t being commented on during the game doesn’t mean Pollard wasn’t being discussed. He was.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its too bad our training staff or front office didn't step in earlier in Zekes career and help to maintain his speed. I believe he's built himself a suit of armor to help sustain the rigors of pro football. In doing so we lost a big part of what made him special. I still believe he's a good overall RB. The problem is you pay guys with elite tools. Zekes tools aren't what they used to be. He is still young so maybe he can cut a little weight, lean up, and recapture the explosiveness he once had. Until that happens he will have a difficult time justifying his contract.

I've always believed that you only have so many plays in you. Doesn't matter how young or old you are, you have x amount and then you are on the other side. Zeke has had a lot of carries. I don't know that he can get the speed back. I mean, maybe he's bulked up because he knows that this part of his game is gone, who knows?

Reactions: CWR