News: Pollard can't be "the guy."

terra

Reaction score
14 rushes and 1 reception and he was done. Just not enough.

vlad

Reaction score
Ok and not saying you are one saying this, that’s fine but why does Zeke outside of all the stuff that has held the franchise back for nearly 30 years deserve any carries? It’s not like 31 qbs are going out each week cuz the Rbs they play with can’t block or whatever.

The amount of excuses zeke gets year after year is baffling.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't need him too. Pollard also isn't used to this work load, he been riding the bench for 3 years. Keep him at about 12-15 carries, 30-35 total touches and let a zeke type do the rest. Zeke is the best wearing down defenses late in the game.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ok and not saying you are one saying this, that’s fine but why does Zeke outside of all the stuff that has held the franchise back for nearly 30 years deserve any carries? It’s not like 31 qbs are going out each week cuz the Rbs they play with can’t block or whatever.

The amount of complaints Zeke gets year after year is baffling.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Pollard is not an every down player but there is no doubt the man is a playmaker, his play this season has had a great impact. Having runs of 57, 54, 46 yarders taken to the house. I think these argument are silly, I have no issue with Pollard carries in terms of how much but I do know when he is on the field he is an impact player, a differance maker. That is not a knock on Zeke or anyone else but it is fact.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The kind of crap fans blast him for is baffling as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have GREAT tandem, enjoy it while it lasts!
This seems to be really hard for some people.. I'm really glad I'm not them..

THIS ^^^^
Some fans just need to whine about a player or anything and everything....they just can't enjoy what is successful and having a winning season.

I have noticed, there aren't as many anti Dak threads lately though.

terra

Reaction score
You know, back when Csonka and Morris were called thunder and lightning, it was thought to be a real good thing to have that kind of situation.

One guy to do the hard nose stuff like pick up the short yards and pound away at a D when its tired; and the other to stretch it and make the D worry about big plays from him.

If our 'Boy Genius' really was one, that is what he would be doing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Pollard is not an every down player but there is no doubt the man is a playmaker, his play this season has had a great impact. Having runs of 57, 54, 46 yarders taken to the house. I think these argument are silly, I have no issue with Pollard carries in terms of how much but I do know when he is on the field he is an impact player, a differance maker. That is not a knock on Zeke or anyone else but it is fact.
He is...he is exciting and terrifying! We can keep beating zeke up to keep Tony fresh.

People that want to do the opposite are nuts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, back when Csonka and Morris were called thunder and lightning, it was thought to be a real good thing to have that kind of situation.

One guy to do the hard nose stuff like pick up the short yards and pound away at a D when its tired; and the other to stretch it and make the D worry about big plays from him.

If our 'Boy Genius' really was one, that is what he would be doing.
Love Tony AND Zeke.'
But this Kellen "learn on the job"....drives me nuts!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Pollard doesn’t have to be a workhorse he just needs to be the main guy. Put egos aside and give the best player the reps. Zeke can still get 10+ touches a game. There’s no need to pick a side. They can both play. Just do the right thing and give the better player more opportunities. It’s just that simple.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He is...he is exciting and terrifying! We can keep beating zeke up to keep Tony fresh.

People that want to do the opposite are nuts.

I think Zeke style goes a long way in beating up the opponent as well. Pollard has shown however should Zeke go down that he can do the job we do not lose the run game completely. I think Davis did a fine job working with Pollard. Glad to have Zeke back and hope to see Cowboys continue running a blanced attack