Pollard is a better receiver than Gallup

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Nah..

They drafted CeeDee to replace Gallop at some point.

If that wasn't in the teams head before the draft..it occurred to them when he was drafted.

Amari is #1 and deserves that.

He has the credentials and the experience.

Yes Gallop has benefited but no way is Pollard better than Gallop.

Different position and skill sets.

I like Pollard but if he keeps up his play, he will be leaving in 2 years as we will never afford to keep him.

Much like we are losing Gallop after next season.

I think he'll replace Cooper as #1 and Gallup will be resigned for a #2 contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is a good follow up post because I didn't mention in mine that it's possible Lamb might not be the one that survives out of the 3. Lamb still has to prove himself.
The transition to the NFL is hard. It appears as though he can make the leap. But how fast. He and Dak needs to be on the same page. A lot of going on this offseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Troy Hambrick looked all world as a back up too...

Along with Marion Barber and Felix Jones. Some were even saying Joseph Randle was capable of 1500 yards rushing after watching him as a backup. As for Pollard being a better receiver than Gallop that’s a ridiculous comment by the OP, especially with Gallop coming off a 1000 yard season and Pollard only having 15 career receptions.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Why are you focusing this at Pappy? He hasn't even posted here yet, and since this isn't about Dak I doubt he couldn't muster a comment anyway.

As for Pollard, he likely will get more reps this season, but very little, if any, at Gallup's expense.
Was really high on Pollard until he fumbled in the egirls game. It happens but reminded me of murray. Always a fumble at the worst time. No good time for a fumble but dang. Remember the packers playoff game. Wide open hole and we are killing them. A knock out punch of a run and murray fumbles.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was really high on Pollard until he fumbled in the egirls game. It happens but reminded me of murray. Always a fumble at the worst time. No good time for a fumble but dang. Remember the packers playoff game. Wide open hole and we are killing them. A knock out punch of a run and murray fumbles.

It could be one of the most costly fumbles that I can remember. It was probably a 17 pt swing. We missed an easy walk in TD, Packers scored and got the ball back in 2nd half to score again.

I suppose Rodgers could have driven the field anyway. but amazing what an easy TD does for you as opposed to a careless fumble.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a good follow up post because I didn't mention in mine that it's possible Lamb might not be the one that survives out of the 3. Lamb still has to prove himself.
After seeing his film, I expect Lamb to be the #1 receiver before the season is over.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It could be one of the most costly fumbles that I can remember. It was probably a 17 pt swing. We missed an easy walk in TD, Packers scored and got the ball back in 2nd half to score again.

I suppose Rodgers could have driven the field anyway. but amazing what an easy TD does for you as opposed to a careless fumble.
It would have been a TD that changed the whole game and the way it was played by both sides.

We could have pinned our ear back and went after rogers. They would have sold out to stop our run and Romo could have went to town. Or kept running over them and wore them out by the 4th quarter. It could have been our year.

That fumble changed everything. Not the first time he had a untimely fumble.

In the egirls game they sold out to stop the run in the first half and wore themselves down. In the second half we started moving it. Elliot was running hard. He got dinged. Pollard came in and on a scoring drive that would have changed the game, he fumbles. It happens and it changed the way we played afterwards.

We killed the rams and showed what we could do if we wanted. Had a shot if we made the playoffs.

It’s all worked out and we got a new HC. But still don’t like it. Lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm as big a fan of Pollard as anyone. He was one of my pet cats in that draft before the Cowboys drafted him.

However, this thread is just another trollish over-exaggeration to get attention and should have been posted in the Overtime Zone.

Gallup has been a terrific player. There is no need to bash him to hype Pollard.

I projected Pollard as the possible starting slot WR before they drafted Ceedee.

I do expect Pollard to get more snaps/touches this season. It appears that Kellen Moore really likes him.
He may be a better option than anyone we would line up as a 4th WR