Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And that's exactly why Dak had the rookie season he did. Because Romo was on the sidelines mentoring him.
Romo was scratching up plays on the ground in the huddle,, that's why he was a leader and respected by his team mates.
He was thrust into that role because of the total lackluster ability from the sideline, Romo knew better, trusted his feel for the game.
Not saying Dak isn't respected as well, but he seems to be more by the book at least at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yah, now you are comparing it to 2018, 2019, ect...ect….. And before that you changed the argument from the two RB skills to who had the better Oline.
That's still the argument. Another poster asked me about those years I Didn't bring them up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's still the argument. Another poster asked me about those years I Didn't bring them up.

Zeke had better pedigree in college and he had an incredible first year. Those two things have a tendency to over inflate Zeke. Demarco was a 3rd round pick and Garrett let him rot on the bench for most of the first year until injury forced his hand. When Demarco got his chance he was amazing. Now I did feel at times that Demarco missed some holes and cuts. Vision was OK. Same with Zeke.

But to me the two are very very comparable. Very close in talent and abilities.

I would take a 3rd round pick and half the salary for Murray over a 4th pick in the draft and 15 million any day of the week.

Murray is a perfect example of why you don't need a Zeke or you don't need to spend a high first on a back.

Can you imagine say a Murray and a pollard for 6 million total per year or Zeke alone for 15? Who you taking in that scenario?

blueblood70

Reaction score
What about a guy like Amari Cooper, who after a good freshman year was starting to look like a bust for the Raiders? Remember EVERYONE thought the Cowboys overpaid for Cooper because he was not playing like a number 1. He gets to Dallas and suddenly he is.
Looked like a bust, 2 PBs? he s was a 1000yard wr before he got here, he also showed why they traded his its the disappearing act, he did the same thing here as he did with the raiders where was he the last 8 games? big road games?

Carr is not a bust and hes the same type of QB as dak and daks not better then Romo..lets be clear about that..dak hasn't helped one WR became great where romo took no names like Robinson ,Austin, Crayton and other and made them look good, they got paid in FA, left and were not quite the same as when Romo was PASSING to them, LEADING, ANTICIPATING AND COULD MAKE EVERY THROW AND LOOKS NATURAL DOING SO....lol.. Dak chucks the ball AT HIS RECIEVERS. hes a thrower and doesnt look natural, rare does he lead his Wrs to make more YAC..

what fiction you all pulled from your arse there..

AC is the same here as he was with the raiders..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just funny to have all these people come to Zeke's defense and there is never any substance to it.

"Go watch blah blah blah.."
Why don't you link those highlights at the very minimum?

One reason...is it's so easy to do yourself. It's not like I did what you did and searched around and dug up for ONE bad play. "Dak highlights".....shouldn't really need any link from me.
Second reason? What dman difference would it make to you? You've ignored evidence so far...what could I possibly present to you that you haven't seen? SHOULD have already seen even.

It's odd, to me anyway... that you so adamantly object to Dallas Cowboys fans "coming to the defense" of a Dallas Cowboys player....ARGUABLY one of the very best for 3 years...on a Dallas Cowboys fan forum.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke had better pedigree in college and he had an incredible first year. Those two things have a tendency to over inflate Zeke. Demarco was a 3rd round pick and Garrett let him rot on the bench for most of the first year until injury forced his hand. When Demarco got his chance he was amazing. Now I did feel at times that Demarco missed some holes and cuts. Vision was OK. Same with Zeke.

I would take a 3rd round pick and half the salary for Murray over a 4th pick in the draft and 15 million any day of the week.

Murray is a perfect example of why you don't need a Zeke or you don't need to spend a high first on a back.

Can you imagine say a Murray and a pollard for 6 million total per year or Zeke alone for 15? Who you taking in that scenario?

So how about ALL the other RB's we've had....since Emmit? You just cherry picking one player to prove your point?

It's odd that I see the same people complaining about Jerry and Jason incompetence.....hang our failures on CERTAIN players. If we'd had a super bowl...or even a good playoff run....I seriously doubt we'd be talking about how horrible terrible crappy player Zeke is, even with same numbers.

You tout Murray's imaginative success....then act like he'd be making the exact same money. Logic flaw.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Murray was injury prone earlier in his career. Do you remember that?

When you have to bring up money to justify why you'd want a player that says enough for me. Cowboys are in a fine salary cap situation so Zeke's 15 million isn't hurting them.

And like I've said time and time again. Zeke is consistently top 3 in the league. No other running back can say that since 2016. You get consistency with Zeke.

Adreme

Reaction score
Looked like a bust, 2 PBs? he s was a 1000yard wr before he got here, he also showed why they traded his its the disappearing act, he did the same thing here as he did with the raiders where was he the last 8 games? big road games?

Carr is not a bust and hes the same type of QB as dak and daks not better then Romo..lets be clear about that..dak hasn't helped one WR became great where romo took no names like Robinson ,Austin, Crayton and other and made them look good, they got paid in FA, left and were not quite the same as when Romo was PASSING to them, LEADING, ANTICIPATING AND COULD MAKE EVERY THROW AND LOOKS NATURAL DOING SO....lol.. Dak chucks the ball AT HIS RECIEVERS. hes a thrower and doesnt look natural, rare does he lead his Wrs to make more YAC..

what fiction you all pulled from your arse there..

AC is the same here as he was with the raiders..

Carr is not even close to that quality of QB.

Also Amari Cooper statline in Oakland:
2015: 16 games played, 130 targets, 72 receptions, 1070 yards
2016: 26 games played, 132 targets, 82 receptions, 1153 yards
2017: 14 games played, 96 targets, 48 receptions, 680 yards
2018: 6 games played, 31 targets, 22 receptions, 280 yards

He comes to Dallas after that trade:
2018: 9 games played, 76 targets, 53 receptions, 725 yards
2019: 16 games played, 119 targets, 79 receptions, 1189 yards

You can see how in 2017 his career nosedived, which is why everyone considered Dallas crazy for overpaying. Suddenly he gets with Dak and he instantly is back in form and has a career year last year, despite being hampered by injuries for a large chunk of it.

Basically if you think Derek Carr is in the same league as Dak you are not paying attention. There is a reason that Dak as a free agent would get a record contract and Derek would be in a situation where he hopes to land a job where he can compete to be a starter.

blueblood70

Reaction score

You can see how in 2017 his career nosedived, which is why everyone considered Dallas crazy for overpaying. Suddenly he gets with Dak and he instantly is back in form and has a career year last year, despite being hampered by injuries for a large chunk of it.

Basically if you think Derek Carr is in the same league as Dak you are not paying attention. There is a reason that Dak as a free agent would get a record contract and Derek would be in a situation where he hopes to land a job where he can compete to be a starter.

not nosedived his foot injury plus he started to become less interested to play for a losing team and it showed, drop passes, etc..dont try glossing over 2 PBS and 2 1k yard seasons as a raider..no different than here with carr no different than dak.

Carr was making 25mil a year while daks been making chump change, Carr already got huge deal and Dak was FT..lol huh good try forgetting who got paid already..Carr didnt have tpo beg his team for a deal..

"Derek Carr signed a 5 year, $125,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $12,500,000 signing bonus, $70,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $25,000,000. In 2020, Carr will earn a base salary of $18,900,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,500,000 and a dead cap value of $7,900,000."

this is why I sad dont pay the guy , Cooper, he started falling off last 8 games and if hes uninspired he could have one of those down seasons again.

stop the bs acting as if Dak created AC when he was a high draft pick from ALA and comes in with 2 straight 1k seasons and 2 pbs..

hes the same WR he was in college, as a raider and now here as a cowboy..its why he got a 1 fin the trade..dude wasn't some jag who dak made better..lol Dak was having a terrible year, if anything AC made dak better LOL

good try though..

NEXT

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2::laugh::facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So how about ALL the other RB's we've had....since Emmit? You just cherry picking one player to prove your point?

It's odd that I see the same people complaining about Jerry and Jason incompetence.....hang our failures on CERTAIN players. If we'd had a super bowl...or even a good playoff run....I seriously doubt we'd be talking about how horrible terrible crappy player Zeke is, even with same numbers.

You tout Murray's imaginative success....then act like he'd be making the exact same money. Logic flaw.
Nothing in your post is even worthy of a response.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Murray was injury prone earlier in his career. Do you remember that?

When you have to bring up money to justify why you'd want a player that says enough for me. Cowboys are in a fine salary cap situation so Zeke's 15 million isn't hurting them.

And like I've said time and time again. Zeke is consistently top 3 in the league. No other running back can say that since 2016. You get consistency with Zeke.
Zeke can’t even run past 15 yards. 15 million for a rb is a joke.

Zeke goes as the line goes like any other back. What zeke gets consistently is lots of carries.

Adreme

Reaction score
not nosedived his foot injury plus he started to become les interested to play for a losing team and it showed, drop passes, etc..dont try glossing over 2 PBS and 2 1k yard seasons as a raider..no different than here with carr no different than dak.

this is why I sad dont pay the guy he started falling off last 8 games and if hes uninspired he could have one of those down seasons again

stop the bs acting as if Dak created AC when he was a high draft pick from ALA and comes in with 2 straight 1k seasons and 2 pbs..

hes the same WR he was in college, as a raider and now here as a cowboy..its why he got a 1 fin the trade..dude wasn't some jag who dak made better..lol Dak was having a terrible year, if anything AC made dak better LOL

good try though..

NEXT

Its a good try because its true. I know you want to ignore all those numbers and act like they mean nothing, but its irrefutable that he has played better under Dak then he did under Carr and that is the job of the QB, get the best out of the players you have. Even Gallop is looking like a solid number 2 despite having hands of stone.

I get you want to dunk on Dak but the argument that he does not bring out the best in the players around him does not hold water. So to quote you good try but NEXT.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its a good try because its true. I know you want to ignore all those numbers and act like they mean nothing, but its irrefutable that he has played better under Dak then he did under Carr and that is the job of the QB, get the best out of the players you have. Even Gallop is looking like a solid number 2 despite having hands of stone.

I get you want to dunk on Dak but the argument that he does not bring out the best in the players around him does not hold water. So to quote you good try but NEXT.
Carrs deal
Derek Carr signed a 5 year, $125,000,000 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $12,500,000 signing bonus, $70,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $25,000,000. In 2020, Carr will earn a base salary of $18,900,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $21,500,000 and a dead cap value of $7,900,000.

how much has Dak made over the same time frame and who got paid without asking and who is FT?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry that the data is also out to prove you wrong. Those pesky facts just get in the way of an argument.
NO its not I win AC was the same player in college, with the raiders, and now..all players have down years and can rebound..lol you FEELING like you have the data to fit your narrative is busted, its in your head.. AC is the same AC hes always been

Carr got PAID HUGE ALREADY,, they are both tier 2 players..period end of story,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo was scratching up plays on the ground in the huddle,, that's why he was a leader and respected by his team mates.
He was thrust into that role because of the total lackluster ability from the sideline, Romo knew better, trusted his feel for the game.
Not saying Dak isn't respected as well, but he seems to be more by the book at least at this point.

Romo was running for his life for most of his career. If I have a bad Oline, I would take Romo no question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak had 2 1000 yard receivers this year and with Cobb was 160 yards away from 3 1000 yard receivers. So that notion that Dak doesnt make anyone better just got flushed down the toilet in 2019.

There is nothing easier then debunking 90% of anything these turds say.

I have never seen a group of posters be proven wrong more consistently. Other than maybe the Garrett turds.