Pollard is good, but he's no Zeke

phildadon86

Reaction score
Defenders used to love for Romo to throw the ball. "Let Romo dink and dunk all the way down the field, he will throw a pick sooner or later". Heard that several times from opponents. Romo was consistently getting screwed by the players in the top 100 poll.

I dont think many people were scared of Romo.

Ironically, despite what some say, Dak and Romo are nearly identical in almost all categories their first 4 years in the NFL.

By year #4 Romo was just getting his first start coming off the bench. In year #4 for Dak he was leading the #1 offense in the NFL, 2nd in the NFL in passing, and came one yard short of Romo's all time Cowboys passing record.
I think Dak is better than Romo. You’re preaching to the choir lol

jay94

Reaction score
Defenders used to love for Romo to throw the ball. "Let Romo dink and dunk all the way down the field, he will throw a pick sooner or later". Heard that several times from opponents. Romo was consistently getting screwed by the players in the top 100 poll.

I dont think many people were scared of Romo.

Ironically, despite what some say, Dak and Romo are nearly identical in almost all categories their first 4 years in the NFL.

By year #4 Romo was just getting his first start coming off the bench. In year #4 for Dak he was leading the #1 offense in the NFL, 2nd in the NFL in passing, and came one yard short of Romo's all time Cowboys passing record.

Romo elevated players, I have yet to see Dak do that. From players like Terrance Williams no longer in the league, to the guy who went to Jacksonville with concussions, Crayton, who would of been a 4 on other teams. The Cowboys for most of Romo's tenure was vastly overrated, Zeke and Murray are so close, the contract makes Murray hands down the better value. Romo even elevated Dez.

jay94

Reaction score
I think Dak is better than Romo. You’re preaching to the choir lol

Pure stupidity. A shocker nonetheless. Dak was a mere average qb until this last year, Amari's talent is far superior compared to one trick pony jump ball Dez.

Techsass

Reaction score
Pure stupidity. A shocker nonetheless. Dak was a mere average qb until this last year, Amari's talent is far superior compared to one trick pony jump ball Dez.
He got pretty good at the back shoulder fade, too.

Adreme

Reaction score
Romo elevated players, I have yet to see Dak do that. From players like Terrance Williams no longer in the league, to the guy who went to Jacksonville with concussions, Crayton, who would of been a 4 on other teams. The Cowboys for most of Romo's tenure was vastly overrated, Zeke and Murray are so close, the contract makes Murray hands down the better value. Romo even elevated Dez.

What about a guy like Amari Cooper, who after a good freshman year was starting to look like a bust for the Raiders? Remember EVERYONE thought the Cowboys overpaid for Cooper because he was not playing like a number 1. He gets to Dallas and suddenly he is.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And that's exactly why Dak had the rookie season he did. Because Romo was on the sidelines mentoring him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was a mere average qb until this last year
2016 Most Valuable Player:

1. Matt Ryan, Atlanta (25)
2. Tom Brady, New England (10)
3. Elliott, Dallas (6)
4. Derek Carr, Oakland (6)
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay (2)
6. Dak Prescott, Dallas (1)

Average QB's don't finish 6th in league MVP voting.

jay94

Reaction score
What about a guy like Amari Cooper, who after a good freshman year was starting to look like a bust for the Raiders? Remember EVERYONE thought the Cowboys overpaid for Cooper because he was not playing like a number 1. He gets to Dallas and suddenly he is.

So we had no receiver issues, before Amari came??

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah you’re right. Remember when Romo lost his job to Dak? I do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There’s nobject change. The offensive line was better in 2014. You just said it was now I’m changing the subject?

Yah, now you are comparing it to 2018, 2019, ect...ect….. And before that you changed the argument from the two RB skills to who had the better Oline.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When you are a Dak troll, like you are, you see what you want to see and miss whats really going on.

Last year the Cowboys had 2 receivers that had over 1000 yards under Dak, which in itself is special, but Cobb was 160 yards away from Dak having 3 receivers with 1000 yards each.

Any other silly comments you want me to debunk for you?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not even close to joking.

As far as being a workhorse, you have to remember that one year was the only season Murray served as a workhorse for Dallas. And he was a huge workhorse that season, without question. But Zeke is a workhorse year after year.

As for the stats in that one season, you have to consider you are talking cumulative stats, which by nature, are dependent as much on workload as effectiveness. I'm not saying it wasn't a great season - it absolute was a great season. But in Zeke's best season he scored 3 more TD's, averaged 0.4 yards per carry more, and a full 4 yards per reception more than Murray did in his best season.
They tried running Murrays wheels off that season,, I would prefer not having to do the same with Zeke, I would love to still see him productive and still trucking 3 years from now.
Zeke loves him some Pollard, can guarantee that.