Pollard Looking Good

Brooksey

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-may-2023

If there's any major concern regarding Tony Pollard's health this year, especially after suffering the two injuries in the playoff loss to the 49ers, the running back looks to be on his way to a full recovery.

If not, he wouldn't have been out on the field Thursday in the OTA practice, running with the first-team offense in team drills. Pollard will likely be limited at times this offseason as he manages the broken fibula and high-ankle sprain that ended his season in mid-January in the playoffs.

Pollard, who is playing on the franchise tag for 2023, is expected to be the featured running back this year after the Cowboys have moved on from Ezekiel Elliott. Other running backs on the field include Malik Davis, Rico Dowdle and recently-drafted Deuce Vaughn.

Pollard is coming off his best season of his career, rushing for 1,007 yards and his first Pro Bowl selection.
There's concerns, he's never been the primary or featured back until the SF playoffs game and he got hurt.
It's not just coming back from injury that's a concern, it's handling the starter role without being hurt again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GO TONY GO!

football-player-animated6.gif

kumizi

Reaction score
All the Zeke fans heads are going to explode when Pollard is mentioned in the MVP race this year.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All the Zeke fans heads are going to explode when Pollard is mentioned in the MVP race this year.
I am probably the biggest Zeke hater and I love me some Pollard but this is crazy. Dude is coming back from a serious injury, has never carried that sort of load in his career, and is another year older. I hope he is fantastic again but if anything I expect a decline. I would be thrilled to see him land anywhere close to last year. 200 carries for 1000 yards and 10 TDs would be amazing but this is miles away from MVP talk for an RB.

gtb1943

Reaction score
and Pollard could be another MB3 who did not last long once he was the lead back.

Sydla

Reaction score

If there's any major concern regarding Tony Pollard's health this year, especially after suffering the two injuries in the playoff loss to the 49ers, the running back looks to be on his way to a full recovery.

If not, he wouldn't have been out on the field Thursday in the OTA practice, running with the first-team offense in team drills. Pollard will likely be limited at times this offseason as he manages the broken fibula and high-ankle sprain that ended his season in mid-January in the playoffs.

Pollard, who is playing on the franchise tag for 2023, is expected to be the featured running back this year after the Cowboys have moved on from Ezekiel Elliott. Other running backs on the field include Malik Davis, Rico Dowdle and recently-drafted Deuce Vaughn.

Pollard is coming off his best season of his career, rushing for 1,007 yards and his first Pro Bowl selection.
I was told by one or two here that his leg was "wrecked". LOL. I think it came from an Elliott devotee.

We won't really know fully until the pads come on, but this is a good sign that he's back at OTAs and on schedule for August camp.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

They forgot poor, ole Ronald Jones.
He's supposed to power our running attack.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There's concerns, he's never been the primary or featured back until the SF playoffs game and he got hurt.
It's not just coming back from injury that's a concern, it's handling the starter role without being hurt again.
What Skip Pete said about him is damning. I hope the Cowboys have an answer, especially in light of Mike McCarthy saying he wants to run the ball more.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The fact that he can get out there and run around and is basically all set for August camp is a good thing. Regardless of pads or no pads, Pollard being able to participate in OTAs in late May is a good sign.
That was expected. No news there.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What Skip Pete said about him is damning. I hope the Cowboys have an answer, especially in light of Mike McCarthy saying he wants to run the ball more.
Pollard never told Peete he was "done" after that long run (on his 14th carry) against the Bears. A week later Pollard had 22 carries for 115 yards at Green Bay.

Sometimes an idea about a player gets stuck in fans' heads and it just stays there. Pollard can be RB 1. He doesn't have to weigh 225 pounds to be one in today's NFL. Ronald Jones and Deuce Vaughn will get carries too so it's not like Pollard is going to get smashed in between the tackles 30-plus times a game like Emmitt Smith once did.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Pollard never told Peete he was "done" after that long run (on his 14th carry) against the Bears. A week later Pollard had 22 carries for 115 yards at Green Bay.

Sometimes an idea about a player gets stuck in fans' heads and it just stays there. Pollard can be RB 1. He doesn't have to weigh 225 pounds to be one in today's NFL. Ronald Jones and Deuce Vaughn will get carries too so it's not like Pollard is going to get smashed in between the tackles 30-plus times a game like Emmitt Smith once did.
Very good post.

Sydla

Reaction score
That was expected. No news there.
It was "expected".

Now it's a "reality".

Like some "expected" Gallup to be ready earlier than he was. "Reality" was he wasn't ready as soon as even some in the Cowboys org thought.