News: Pollard must be lead for Cowboys Offense

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
At least we can confirm that Mosher and CowboyRoy not same guy.

:laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think they need switch when they are on the field.

Pollard needs to start drives and Zeke can finish them.

Zeke is awful at getting the offense going.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nah they would be idiots to give Pollard the most carries, Pollard is a dime a dozen we can let him go and Dowdle or the or someone else can do the same thing he’s doing, you can’t find another guy like Zeke easily.
Zeke is and should stay the lead back

Pass2Run

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...liott-must-be-lead-rb-for-the-cowboys-offense

I agree.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pollard-should-be-the-1.499982/page-7#post-12097543

And not just because Pollard is my flex in Fantasy Football.

"If Pollard becomes the lead back, Elliott can benefit from fewer touches and maximize his opportunities when on the field. A similar setup occurred when the New Orleans Saints had Mark Ingram II and Alvin Kamara. After one season, the two flipped roles with Kamara getting the spotlight and Ingram serving as the hammer. Dallas should follow this blueprint."

I said this during the offseason and people called me stupid.

LINK: Contract Aside, doesn't it Make More Sense for Zeke to Come After Pollard? - Cowboys Fan Zone

The thing is, it would benefit Zeke. But Pollard has to block.

Ain't happening.

NFL decision makers are simpled minded, dimwitted people.

Actually, Pollard started the game against the Giants, although it was only on 1 play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I said this during the offseason and people called me stupid.

LINK: Contract Aside, doesn't it Make More Sense for Zeke to Come After Pollard? - Cowboys Fan Zone

The thing is, it would benefit Zeke. But Pollard has to block.

Actually, Pollard started the game against the Giants, although it was only on 1 play.

While I do think it would benefit Zeke to come in fresh after the defense has lost a little steam, it would not benefit the team if Pollard gets the QB taken out on the golf cart.

I wonder if other fan bases look at something that's working as well as this tandem and immediate wants to change it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I do think it would benefit Zeke to come in fresh after the defense has lost a little steam, it would not benefit the team if Pollard gets the QB taken out on the golf cart.

I wonder if other fan bases look at something that's working as well as this tandem and immediate wants to change it.
These experts...ridicule other fans...appear to not be able to see the line of scrimmage. Rewatch the Giants game. Pollard whiffing a LOT. He does NOT find the block the needs done or be able to stop it when he does.

It's fine....you just have to know it....and design the right plays for both RB's.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I see what you mean. But it doesn't have to mean that Pollard takes the load of the carries. Zeke still got more carries last game. And this wouldn't necessarily be against every team.

Last game, Pollard did start the game on the first play. Then on the 2nd play of the game, Zeke came in. But I think some of us are talking about Pollard starting like the first series or two, then Zeke come in fresh.

Just switching it up could make us less predictable.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...liott-must-be-lead-rb-for-the-cowboys-offense

I agree.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pollard-should-be-the-1.499982/page-7#post-12097543

And not just because Pollard is my flex in Fantasy Football.

"If Pollard becomes the lead back, Elliott can benefit from fewer touches and maximize his opportunities when on the field. A similar setup occurred when the New Orleans Saints had Mark Ingram II and Alvin Kamara. After one season, the two flipped roles with Kamara getting the spotlight and Ingram serving as the hammer. Dallas should follow this blueprint."

zeke is rb1

RonnieT24

Reaction score
They're teammates right? They are actually competing together, I thought...:facepalm::huh:

You are correct.. sane people know and recognize that they are toiling for same team and are cheering for both of them. There is however a (stupidly) vocal minority that is openly hoping for Zeke to fail.. I mean people watched Pollard lose yards on half his carries today are still whining that he needed more carries.. I guess they wanted him to get his 100 yards.. he only needed another 120 carries or so to get there.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
You are correct.. sane people know and recognize that they are toiling for same team and are cheering for both of them. There is however a (stupidly) vocal minority that is openly hoping for Zeke to fail.. I mean people watched Pollard lose yards on half his carries today are still whining that he needed more carries.. I guess they wanted him to get his 100 yards.. he only needed another 120 carries or so to get there.
How can you be a fan and root for your RB1 or 2 to fail? Qb, OL, LB... starters and backups work together... our fanbase undermines teamwork then complain that the team has no chemistry...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Can Pollard handle 320 carries a year? We all know Zeke can? If you can't trust a RB to carry the ball 24 times a game then you don't have a RB, IMO. Because a guy like that will cause a team to do more passing.