Pollard said he felt 'back' from his broken leg Week 11 and was highest PFF graded rusher after

John813

Reaction score
I don't get the hate on Pollard.

I also don't get fans thinking cause an injury was from the previous season that the player will be 100% ready for the following season.

Everyone was excited Steele was ahead of schedule even though he tore his ACL in December and was just cleared before T.C.
He struggled this year. Moreso than usual in pass blocking and the run game suffered still with him in. 2022-23 once he got injured the run game took a noticeable dip stats wise.

Gallup has never been the same since his ACL. Maybe it's all mental at this point.

Pollard broke his leg in week 19 in the 22-23 season. Bones may take X amount of weeks to heal, but it's not something that once that 6-8 weeks are up he's 100% playing football wise. It just meant the fracture has healed.

It's not his fault he got franchise tagged. It's also not his fault the Front office thought a RB coming off a fractured leg could carry the load with a bunch of UDFA RB's subbing in here and there.

I'm fine if he doesn't re-sign here, but I didn't see him as a Randle level knucklehead that deserved the hate

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I also don't get fans thinking cause an injury was from the previous season that the player will be 100% ready for the following season.

Everyone was excited Steele was ahead of schedule even though he tore his ACL in December and was just cleared before T.C.
He struggled this year. Moreso than usual in pass blocking and the run game suffered still with him in. 2022-23 once he got injured the run game took a noticeable dip stats wise.

Gallup has never been the same since his ACL. Maybe it's all mental at this point.

Pollard broke his leg in week 19 in the 22-23 season. Bones may take X amount of weeks to heal, but it's not something that once that 6-8 weeks are up he's 100% playing football wise. It just meant the fracture has healed.

It's not his fault he got franchise tagged. It's also not his fault the Front office thought a RB coming off a fractured leg could carry the load with a bunch of UDFA RB's subbing in here and there.

I'm fine if he doesn't re-sign here, but I didn't see him as a Randle level knucklehead that deserved the hate
I dont see very much hate.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I blame him for nothing. He didn't offer himself that franchise tag. Tony had a horrible injury the season before making him damaged goods and should not have been tagged or resigned unless it was a low ball deal. Not on him but on the Jones. I still want him under a low deal offer to play the same role he had with Zeke. But someone will throw more bucks his way and we will roll with Dowdle (underwheming choice) If not TP then maybe we can we draft some fast talented youngster out of college for that role? Maybe get King Henry as our starter. Get Oline fixed and rb room fixed then we will be ready to roll on that side of the ball.
I think we go get Henry......and pair him with a rookie. Sounds like Henry wants to be here....so we will see.

Sandyf

Reaction score
I understand why no one wants to pay the position and good reason. I just see that if you want to win then you need a good running game which we had with Zeke/Pollard combo. Pollard was far better being the compliment back than the lead back and his injury so late in the season of 2022 didn't help in most of 2023.

Most will disagree but I would like to see them sign Pollard back and also sign Derrick Henry. Using the comp values both is roughly $10 million total for the both of them. Fix the OL with a 1st or 2nd round pick (draft experts believe that you can get good starters in OL all the way though the 4th round), and with Henry up the middle and Pollard to the outside, you have a good if not great RB tandem as any team. Both are good pass protectors, both are good pass catchers, Henry runs over people when he hits the secondary and Pollard can run past them. If you sign both to say 3 year contract of say around $17 million for the 3 years, the cap cost for 2024 would be around $3 million a year for each and most likely the same for 2025, then you designate both of them as cap cuts in June 2026.

For the doomsayers on the cap, you know they are going to extend Dak, Lamb and probably Parsons this year and restructure several other contracts. It is just the business of the NFL as we all know. Other teams are going to face the same problems such as 49ers, Lions, and Green Bay either this year or next. Sure some teams have great cap space like Washington, Tennessee, Patroits and Chicago but have suffered some 4 years before a chance to turn it around. Same with Houston who good real lucky and hit on most of their picks last year plus having a weak division. Now they have to hit on a QB in the draft for those other teams or hope they got the right guy in previous draft at QB to get going. There is only a 20 percent chance that the QB you draft will make a difference and about a 3 percent chance that guy get you a Super Bowl ring. Just saying.

Staubacher

Reaction score

The same people blasting Pollard are almost always the same propping up Dak. If you notice they dump.on every other player sooner or later.
They're fans not one player, not the team.

Staubacher

Reaction score
No. Stop paying RB like everyone else said. Draft one in the 2-3 and have a rookie deal for 4 years. You want a vet go get one at the vet minimum.

The Chiefs just won a super bowl with Isiah Pacheco a 2022 7th rounder (30th pick).
Yup. The bell-cow running back is becoming extinct. I can't even think of a team having sustained success with one since Emmitt and Terrell Davis (and even Davis had a relatively short peak).

It's why the RBs last year tried to form their own union and demand more. They see the writing on the wall. The new, and correct way, is like you say, go mid to low rounds on RBs, use them up on rookie contracts, then rinse and repeat. You can also pick up bruisers late in the season on the cheap like the Patriots did for years with Blount and others.
Zeke wasn't worth what they invested in him, and neither is Pollard now.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would offer little bro 12 million for 3 years. That's about it. Maybe 10 million over 2 years.

Creeper

Reaction score
Pollard looked much better later in the season, but I saw so many tough runs from him. I never thought he was thast kind of runner. But behind the Cowboys awful run blocking he had to bully his way to extra yards.

I would not pay him $10 million again. But for $6 million, I might consider keeping him. I would still look for another RB who is a little quicker and better out of the backfield catching passes. I like Pollard and he is a good guy. But if I can upgrade, I would upgrade. They cannot sign everyone.

quickccc

Reaction score
coaching staff here did nuthin to place him best position where we could see if he is fully recovered and resembles
the explosive home run hitting Pollard of '22.

this OL run scheme is not suited for quick hitting splash runs, ..and they only schemed him for two big plays in pass game,
They used him more as a pounding grinding bell cow ..than a Aaron Jones, Montgomery, Gibbs, James Cook, ET, Swift All Purpose types.

Frankly we have the wrong coaches and scheme set for Pollard here. That said i expect Cap Boy Stephen to offer
a very low ball offer type contract.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
coaching staff here did nuthin to place him best position where we could see if he is fully recovered and resembles

this OL run scheme is not suited for quick hitting splash runs, ..and they only schemed him for two big plays in pass game,
They used him more as a pounding grinding bell cow ..than a Aaron Jones, Montgomery, Gibbs, James Cook, ET, Swift All Purpose types.

Frankly we have the wrong coaches and scheme set for Pollard here. That said i expect Cap Boy Stephen to offer

Pollard was used the way he was supposed too when Zeke was here.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Tony is slow.