Pollard should be the 1

J12B

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.

J12B

Reaction score
So did y’all miss last week when Zeke outplayed Pollard? Is this what we are going to do? Go back and forth on who should start based on how they last played?

That was more because of blocking. Zeke had massive lanes. He'd get hit and go down immediately.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Did you miss Pollard's performance last week? So you want to promote TP after having only one good game? No, he needs to have more games like that, which I hope he does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was more because of blocking. Zeke had massive lanes. He'd get hit and go down immediately.
Man Pollard is what he is. Making him to be something he’s not isn’t going to be good for him. He and Zeke are dual backs. Keep giving them 25-30 Carrie’s and keep Pollard as the change of pace back. No need to change anything.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you miss Pollard's performance last week? So you want to promote TP after having only one good game? No, he needs to have more games like that, which I hope he does.
He outplayed him almost all last year
I don’t care who is number 1, but pollard needs at least half the touches. Not 30 percent. Not 40 percent. At least 50 percent

J12B

Reaction score

The entire team played like trash.

And the couple of "trick" plays intended for Pollard were poorly designed and executed.

Pollard is actually a playmaker and fans here want to play Zeke who goes as the Oline goes.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Zeke is a fine runner but he can't deliver the home run plays that Pollard can.

I also think Kellen uses Zeke completely incorrectly, but that's a separate issue.
Agreed. I think if Moore reversed the rolls, it would be most effective. I like how Zekes been running but we need to start Pollard and spell him with Zeke. Someone needs to whack Moore upside the head

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The entire team played like trash.

And the couple of "trick" plays intended for Pollard were poorly designed and executed.

Pollard is actually a playmaker and fans here want to play Zeke who goes as the Oline goes.
So it's okay for Pollard to have a bad game, you just dismiss it but god forbid if Zeke has one. :muttley: Pollard has to prove himself more.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Pollard starting would get Rush killed eventually. He cannot pass block.
If we run Pollard ,then the defense has to play honest as he is a threat every time he touches the ball. Then , they can go play action and utilize the rest of the weapons. Defenses dont have to play Zeke straight up. Pollard they do. Not an indictment on Zeke. That’s just where he is now. But we can bludgeon teams in the second half with a fresh Zeke. He can be the back breaker in the later part of the game.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

False

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's a good part time player....he couldn't even start in college..jeez

Cumart21

Reaction score
This is the first week where I agree with this take. Snap counts should be reversed. Pollard 65% / Zeke 35%. I like Zeke and respect his work ethic but it's time to make the change. If Zeke gets hot in a game, ride him like a horse, but this is how it needs to be.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We all miss Zeke. He was incredible. He is gone and has left a tub of garbage behind in it's place. Expensive garbage but garbage all the same.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

agree not debateable anymore