Pollard should be the 1

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO he didnt the first 8 game pre injury zeke was clear #1 5.1 YPC 3rd in the league in rushing after 8 games!

funny you are comparing Pollard better then torn pcl banged up zeke..sure they are close with zeke on one leg..

Lat week same thing zeke was hot 5.2 YPC got shafted by Moore.
Funny zeke doesn’t look materially quicker this year after pcl is healed. He has lost two steps unfortunately.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably will be after this season because I don't think Zeke will be re-signed but is that what you REALLY want?

I know I've said to retain Pollard but upon further thought I'd let them both go and draft a complete RB in the second and another outside RB in the 4th.
I suspect they waive Zeke, cut a deal with pollard and draft another rb in rounds 2-4

FVSTONE

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
If the dude could throw a decent block I would agree with you, but he can't therefore he shouldn't be the starter.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pollard should be the 1. The one to come off the bench run his 10 runs and catch his 5 passes.

Zeke had a bad game. Last week he had a good game and the Cowboys did not stay committed to the run. So? But, two of those carries versus the Bengals was for +5 yard losses where the OL got blown up. When he is on the field the Cowboys OC has no imagination of play calling when every body knows they are going to run the ball with him on the field.

The Cowboys do not throw to him enough. Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston during the 90's run was averaging 50 catches each per year. This gets your RB in space and lessens the inside wear and tear, but gets you +5 yards a touch. Is Zeke what he was in 2016? No. But he is a starting RB better than Pollard that can carry a heavier load than Pollard who was a WR/KR/RB in college.

Remember how Jerry Dumbo GM Jones thought Joseph Randle could replace Demarco Murray...How did that work out?

Absolutely. Pollard needs touches so he can break off the occasional long run. But he needs work in his pass protection sets so you can't leave him out there all game. And Zeke is still a really good back in short yardage and goal line.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
Luckily we can get out of the Zeke contract after this year. Should have never drafted a RB that high. You put yourself in a position where you have to give him a 2nd contract. Never give a RB a 2nd contract. It seems about every other team has this figured out just not the Jones boys

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the dude could throw a decent block I would agree with you, but he can't therefore he shouldn't be the starter.

Apparently the one big play Pollard provides every third game is worth watching him whiff and our QB getting clobbered. Makes you wonder if they might have a problem with whoever that QB is?