Pollard should be the 1

BHendri5

Reaction score
LOL, this thread is too too funny, yeah let them go ahead and let Pollard be the 1, just so it can prove to everyone that he's not a number 1 , LOL.
The RB coach was asked his words were that Pollard can't take the hits that Zeke take.
Pollard is ok at what he's been used as a change of pace and relief guy for gimmicky trick plays and outside running.

jaybird

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
did you not see Pollard almost get Dak killed in game 1?

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

They are different backs used in different ways. I'm fine with 1A and 1B for now. There are times when Elliott's wear-em-down approach running between the tackles is going to be more effective and times that Pollard's speed to the outside is going to be more effective. No need to get too caught up in who is the No. 1.

We actually used them better this week IMO. Last week, we didn't seem to understand how to use Pollard as effectively as we could, but some of that may have been because of the defense we faced.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
So it's okay for Pollard to have a bad game, you just dismiss it but god forbid if Zeke has one. :muttley: Pollard has to prove himself more.
Zeke has way more bad games than good ones.

Zeke has been getting a pass from the media and a lot of fans way too long. How many times do we have to hear that he's healthy and in great shape for the first time in awhile, only for nothing to change on the field.

Zeke makes a 10 yard run and some people are impressed. Thats how low the bar is now.

If he was cut tonight, there is not a single team that would pick him up to be their starter. I don't care what players and coaches say to the media. Everyone knows the guy has absolutely no burst and hasn't for years.

exciter

Reaction score

Lol, pollard is nothing but a change of pace back back… and will never be anything more. Stunning that fans of this team still fall for the Hambrick effect!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Just play the hot hand, this is not rocket science people.

And both Zeke and TP support and root for one another, unlike so many haters on CZ.

Section446

Reaction score
The only thing Zeke does better than Pollard is pass block... That's about it... Average RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke is a fine runner but he can't deliver the home run plays that Pollard can.

I also think Kellen uses Zeke completely incorrectly, but that's a separate issue.

Zeke needs to be used like Fournette.

They never get him in space and he can’t create on his own.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like the idea of Zeke softening up the defense for Pollard. I think Pollard would be less effective doing the things Zeke is asked to do.

What Zeke does at this point is nothing special at all.

It’s more like it’s difficult to find a guy what Pollard does.

Also, Zeke is awful at starting drives. Pollard might actually get the offense going unlike Zeke.

links18

Reaction score
Zeke is a fine runner but he can't deliver the home run plays that Pollard can.

I also think Kellen uses Zeke completely incorrectly, but that's a separate issue.

Well, when your owner?GM and stealth coach says we go as Zeke goes, Zeke is going to be used like he is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the first week where I agree with this take. Snap counts should be reversed. Pollard 65% / Zeke 35%. I like Zeke and respect his work ethic but it's time to make the change. If Zeke gets hot in a game, ride him like a horse, but this is how it needs to be.
You mean like the Tampa game where we benched a hot Zeke?

Moore doesn't want a strong NFC East run game.

You guys that want Pollard starting with a majority of carries.....seem to not know hard nosed footballl very well. Or...too young to have watched Emmitt Smith.

You don;t give guys like Emmit and Zeke 10 carries a game, most of 'em in the first half. Pollard hurt himself last year in spare duty...suddenly he a beast #1? Since when? Never.

Jeeze never mind.... good lord. .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire team played like trash.

And the couple of "trick" plays intended for Pollard were poorly designed and executed.

Pollard is actually a playmaker and fans here want to play Zeke who goes as the Oline goes.
How do you know they were poorly designed, if they were poorly executed? Zeke does go "as the O-line goes", but so does Pollard. He's not just jumping over guys to get past the LoS. Both backs have their respective roles to play, and neither can do what the other does. If you put Pollard in too much, you're going to lose your QB...He's that bad at blocking.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
zeke is good on the shorter stuff. 4-5 yards max. power back. pollard is your HR guy. i like them both. zeke is just bashed on bc of the $$$. that’s just how it is.

Scotman

Reaction score
There were a ton of you who didn't want Zeke taken 4th overall. Your reasoning was that backs just don't last in the NFL. I was absolutely stoked that we took a generationally good back. And, if not for a suspension that I personally felt shouldn't have happened, Zeke was having an historic run. But the cliff was just as close as many of you felt that it would be. And the fall off of it looks dramatic to me.

Zeke looks washed up. Sure, he's matured. He's more serious. He plays smart. But, the burst looks to be completely gone. He never breaks free. He no longer threatens the second level of the defense.

Everyone who said you shouldn't draft a back at 4 looks like they were right to me. I think I was wrong.

Zeke takes on the tough jobs. He's reliable. But if not for what we spent to get him and what it cost to keep him, I think he'd already be either gone or a backup.

And, I hope he goes out next week and looks like 2018 Zeke. I would LOVE that. I just don't expect that.

ALL of that said, anyone thinking that Pollard could do what Zeke does game in and game out and still have his burst, is just wrong. If it wore down Zeke, it would end Pollard.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree not debateable anymore
Says you? Making up a fantasy in yo0ru head...that's hasn't happened...EVER...is not debatable?

How many #2 have to flame out before you guys learn. Joe Randle ring a bell? Our #2's always have obscene stats. It's how it is supposed to work. The change of pace back ...gets the easy work.

I'm not saying Pollard is as unhinged as Randle came to be. Tony seems to have his head on straight. What I am saying is until it happens, either way...IT'S DEBATABLE!

Dre11

Reaction score
Pollard is a space player. He either need a big hole or get the ball out space. He's not a good inside runner.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

How do you come up with this stuff.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't care who they call #1 or #2. Just know how to utilize them - if Zeke wants to be a bruiser back, then use him that way. Use him to punch it up the gut and bully some of the defenders and then have Pollard come in for the big gains and outside runs.

This is how most of the league are using RBs these days anyways. Nothing unique.