Pollard should be the 1

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I disagree. But pollard should have been gearing up to tale over for zeke before now. Kinda late but they need to continue getting him 10+ touches along with zeke. He still has a way to go in certain situations and protections

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So did y’all miss last week when Zeke outplayed Pollard? Is this what we are going to do? Go back and forth on who should start based on how they last played?

Oh they didn't miss it.. they just pretend it never happened. It's the strange world of the troll that allows him to ignore any reality that doesn't support his false narrative. Both guys did their job this week. Zeke did the dirty work, Pollard torched the defense on the edges. For people to try to turn it into something negative says more about them than anything else.

tromofan

Reaction score
Zeke is a fine runner but he can't deliver the home run plays that Pollard can.

I also think Kellen uses Zeke completely incorrectly, but that's a separate issue.
Zeke is the the starter because he is the more complete back. He rarely misses blocking assignments while Pollard is horrible in this aspect. Pollard is a change of pace back. He is not a bell cow back like Zeke. But he is very effective in the role that he plays.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like Pollard. He has his role. It is not Zeke's role that he should be taking though! Thanks to Shultz and the Left side OL screw up Zeke did not average 4.5 yards per carry.

He is not what he once was that is clear, not worth the money for sure, but Pollard can't withstand that abuse!

Retro88

Reaction score
I would love to start Pollard but his pass blocking skills says no. I'd like to see him used a whole lot more tho.

Nexx

Reaction score
I like the idea of Zeke softening up the defense for Pollard. I think Pollard would be less effective doing the things Zeke is asked to do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
This is old old news.

funny part is there are still posters on here that think zeke should be featured.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Blocking takes a hell of a toll on a running back. Zeke does it great. Pollard does not. That's why Zeke is the starter more than any other reason.
That myth has been busted several times.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is the first week where I agree with this take. Snap counts should be reversed. Pollard 65% / Zeke 35%. I like Zeke and respect his work ethic but it's time to make the change. If Zeke gets hot in a game, ride him like a horse, but this is how it needs to be.
First week? Lol

what happened to the last 3 years? You missed it?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So did y’all miss last week when Zeke outplayed Pollard? Is this what we are going to do? Go back and forth on who should start based on how they last played?
Lol. Elliott's longest run was 7 yards last week.

Did you forget Pollard's numbers were better for the entire 2021 season?! Why do you think Elliott will be gone next season? Because he's not worth $12.4 million per season guaranteed no matter how he plays. He would have been gone this season if not for a hard cap hit.

vig454

Reaction score
I think Zeke should be the change of pace rb. Keep Pollard in and running on the outside n change it up with Zeke running through the middle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao:
Pollard slobberers are always wrong and they can’t stand it.
They refuse like a stubborn child sitting in a corner to face the wall when they know they are wrong.
They use double standards all the time.

This is great entertainment. :thumbup:

Each has their roles and they complement each other. They are each happy with the way things are.
So why can’t Pollard lovers accept that instead of ragging on Zeke all the time. I don’t see Zeke fans ragging on Pollard.
The worse things we say is that Pollard can’t block as well, nor can take the 20 plus Carries a game, game after game.
Otherwise nice things are said.

27/4 :lmao:

I know what is coming in response, watch and all will see I am right.

starfan1

Reaction score
Pollard should not be #1 thats just asinine but it really dont matter anyway because Moore could screw up Jim brown being our 1.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't think it matters who is 1 and who is 2. It is how they are used that needs to be the focus. Pollard is the guy to go outside. He should take those pitches and the little swing passes. Zeke is the guy you use to run off tackle. Zeke looks okay this year.

Remember too, Zeke lost 12 yards on two plays that were not his fault. If they use the two of them correctly to complement each other they will make an excellent running tandem.

The problem is Zeke is getting paid $15 million per year. That's Jerry's fault.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Zeke is a warrior but his best days are way behind him. I actually think we should have drafted a running back in the off season to replace Zeke and supplement the running attack.