Pollard should be the 1

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The only thing Zeke does better than Pollard is pass block... That's about it... Average RB.

He also breaks tackles better.

Cowboys were also 2nd best rushing offense last season before Zeke got hurt.

If TP was not such a HUGE liability in pass pro then MAYBE he takes the job from Zeke LAST season.

As for average RB crack, I just have to say the unappreciative ignorant supposed Cowboys fans chap my cheeks the most.

Last edited:

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I don't think Pollard can handle the punishment of being a bruising back. He is just not built that way. I think he's a little higher than a change of pace RB.

We just can't seem to get the timing right with Zeke and Pollard. When Zeke is hot give him the rock and vice versa.

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
Pollard can't block anywhere close to Zeke's level and with a backup QB prone to fumbling from his blindside it can be very dangerous.

GINeric

Reaction score
That was more because of blocking. Zeke had massive lanes. He'd get hit and go down immediately.

They don't give Zeke a chance to get in rhythm. A back like Zeke needs more than 3 or 4 carries a quarte. Trust me our opponents love Moore's offensive approach. They know his scheme protects them from having to tackle Zeke often and wear them down.

J12B

Reaction score
They don't give Zeke a chance to get in rhythm. A back like Zeke needs more than 3 or 4 carries a quarte. Trust me our opponents love Moore's offensive approach. They know his scheme protects them from having to tackle Zeke often and wear them down.

That's because Zeke takes himself off the field after every 3 runs he has.

He gets gassed after all those 2-5 yard pick ups.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also breaks tackles better.

Cowboys were also 2nd best rushing offense last season before Zeke got hurt.

If TP was not such a HUGE liability in pass pro then MAYBE he takes the job from Zeke LAST season.

As for average RB crack, I just have to say the unappreciative ignorant supposed Cowboys fans chap my cheeks the most.

You might as well not waste your time. Zeke hatin Roy and crew know all this but won't give it any attention....it kills their agenda. SO they hide in the basement with about it.

dfense

Reaction score

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Remember when Marion the Barbarian was a great #2 ? Then they made him the starter and he was never as good in the starter roll.

Pollard can't pick up blitzes as he demonstrated convincingly against Tampa.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's because Zeke takes himself off the field after every 3 runs he has.

He gets gassed after all those 2-5 yard pick ups.

This is horse crap. Multiple times on Sunday Zeke started back to the huddle and the coaching staff sent Pollard in. It's not him taking himself out.. It's the coaches trying to stay true to their "plan." Which is to use Pollard throughout the game. In one sequence Zeke got 7 yards.. got up and did the "feed me" then got 4 yards to get the first down.. Then the Cowboys took him out.. You think a guy who is doing the feed me is taking HIMSELF out? He was starting to feel it and they broke his rhythm by subbing for him. They should have kept handing it to him all the way down the field.. but they didn't. I have zero faith that this coaching staff knows how to use ANY running back.. They're screwing it up with both Zeke AND Pollard..

75boyz

Reaction score
This is horse crap. Multiple times on Sunday Zeke started back to the huddle and the coaching staff sent Pollard in. It's not him taking himself out.. It's the coaches trying to stay true to their "plan." Which is to use Pollard throughout the game. In one sequence Zeke got 7 yards.. got up and did the "feed me" then got 4 yards to get the first down.. Then the Cowboys took him out.. You think a guy who is doing the feed me is taking HIMSELF out? He was starting to feel it and they broke his rhythm by subbing for him. They should have kept handing it to him all the way down the field.. but they didn't. I have zero faith that this coaching staff knows how to use ANY running back.. They're screwing it up with both Zeke AND Pollard..

While I agree with you it's like Moore has some sort of amnesia from as recent as last year's first of the year run game scheme.
I thought during that time last year that Moore had found the proper middle ground in utilizing each player's skillsets to specific play call, scheme and blocking assignments.

It was the closest thing I'd seen to Payton's use of Ingram and Kamara in a while.

Now the run game play calls at times just seem so random or uncoordinated with the rhythm and flow of what is normally working in the ground game.

I can go either way. As a tandem or as one being a bell cow and the other in specific change of pace.

Whichever is the answer, as long as they stay committed to it and achieve success, the offense will be good.

Strong run game equals strong Cowboy team overall.

High volume pass approach gets this team no where. Never has.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The entire team played like trash.

And the couple of "trick" plays intended for Pollard were poorly designed and executed.

Pollard is actually a playmaker and fans here want to play Zeke who goes as the Oline goes.
It would be hard for me to argue with you on that one. I thought Zeke was gonna get some of his quickness back last year when he made a 40 yard run. But that was before he hurt his knee. They definitely need to get Pollard more involved though.

blueblood70

Reaction score

UMM NOPE still the same..where were you game 1 pollards impressive 1.8 and Zekes over 5?? how last year where where you first 8 games Zeke before injury 5.1 and pollard not close..its good 1-2 and it's still zeke doing dirty yards starts out game lie last game 10 yards, 7, 6, and so on then the d stiffens he gets to block and be hammer and pollard is nail gun a, pollards cleaning up..no go be fan not a gm or coach,

actual run YOPC not pass plays its still very close and zekes still the better blocker and the better at running real middle drill type runs..

Sydla

Reaction score
Elliott isn't an elite TB anymore. He's not even a great one. He's a good one. He can be a tough runner between the tackles, is a good pass blocker. He has his strengths and he has his weaknesses. Moore has to continue to find ways to utilize both Elliott and Pollard. But this notion that Elliott needs to the bell cow is just preposterous at this point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He outplayed him almost all last year
I don’t care who is number 1, but pollard needs at least half the touches. Not 30 percent. Not 40 percent. At least 50 percent

NO he didnt the first 8 game pre injury zeke was clear #1 5.1 YPC 3rd in the league in rushing after 8 games!

funny you are comparing Pollard better then torn pcl banged up zeke..sure they are close with zeke on one leg..

Lat week same thing zeke was hot 5.2 YPC got shafted by Moore.