Pollard should be the 1

RonnieT24

Reaction score
NO he didnt the first 8 game pre injury zeke was clear #1 5.1 YPC 3rd in the league in rushing after 8 games!

funny you are comparing Pollard better then torn pcl banged up zeke..sure they are close with zeke on one leg..

Lat week same thing zeke was hot 5.2 YPC got shafted by Moore.

Well you can't keep running it when you're only getting 5 yards per carry and you're behind by a whole 6 points.. Don't you know that? How long you been watchin football??!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The entire team played like trash.

And the couple of "trick" plays intended for Pollard were poorly designed and executed.

Pollard is actually a playmaker and fans here want to play Zeke who goes as the Oline goes.
Neither rb does anything if the Oline doesn't do their jobs right. The Oline is key for anything Offense to go right.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeke is good on the shorter stuff. 4-5 yards max. power back. pollard is your HR guy. i like them both. zeke is just bashed on bc of the $$$. that’s just how it is.

I think you need to spend some time with this post:

He also breaks tackles better.

Cowboys were also 2nd best rushing offense last season before Zeke got hurt.

If TP was not such a HUGE liability in pass pro then MAYBE he takes the job from Zeke LAST season.

As for average RB crack, I just have to say the unappreciative ignorant supposed Cowboys fans chap my cheeks the most.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I disagree. But pollard should have been gearing up to tale over for zeke before now. Kinda late but they need to continue getting him 10+ touches along with zeke. He still has a way to go in certain situations and protections
Pollard should be the 1. The one to come off the bench run his 10 runs and catch his 5 passes.

Zeke had a bad game. Last week he had a good game and the Cowboys did not stay committed to the run. So? But, two of those carries versus the Bengals was for +5 yard losses where the OL got blown up. When he is on the field the Cowboys OC has no imagination of play calling when every body knows they are going to run the ball with him on the field.

The Cowboys do not throw to him enough. Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston during the 90's run was averaging 50 catches each per year. This gets your RB in space and lessens the inside wear and tear, but gets you +5 yards a touch. Is Zeke what he was in 2016? No. But he is a starting RB better than Pollard that can carry a heavier load than Pollard who was a WR/KR/RB in college.

Remember how Jerry Dumbo GM Jones thought Joseph Randle could replace Demarco Murray...How did that work out?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well you can't keep running it when you're only getting 5 yards per carry and you're behind by a whole 6 points.. Don't you know that? How long you been watchin football??!
got to get cute try and FOOL the best D in the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pollard should be the 1. The one to come off the bench run his 10 runs and catch his 5 passes.

Zeke had a bad game. Last week he had a good game and the Cowboys did not stay committed to the run. So? But, two of those carries versus the Bengals was for +5 yard losses where the OL got blown up. When he is on the field the Cowboys OC has no imagination of play calling when every body knows they are going to run the ball with him on the field.

The Cowboys do not throw to him enough. Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston during the 90's run was averaging 50 catches each per year. This gets your RB in space and lessens the inside wear and tear, but gets you +5 yards a touch. Is Zeke what he was in 2016? No. But he is a starting RB better than Pollard that can carry a heavier load than Pollard who was a WR/KR/RB in college.

Remember how Jerry Dumbo GM Jones thought Joseph Randle could replace Demarco Murray...How did that work out?
Bad even 1st qtr had soem very nice runs until the defense adjusted shut it down and Boyz still ran into the teeth with zeke..i believe his first runs were like 10, 6. 7 etc as Cinci adjusted we decided lets still ram zeke in the same area 5-6 more times..lowewred his average,

75boyz

Reaction score

Good post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard should be the 1
tenor.gif

Ken

Reaction score
At this point, it's not even debatable.

Pollard nearly scored on that little pitch out from 47 yards out.

A similar play was ran with Zeke and he barely was able to get to the corner for a 1 yard pick up.

Pollard is more explosive.

Zeke had 15 carries for 53 yards.

Sorry Zeke, but you're the back up now.
It is more complicated than that, unfortunately

Yes, Pollard does more when it is there....a lot more. Zeke leaves a TON of meat on the bone.

However...Pollard won't last a whole season playing the lead dog. Also, he is not the pass blocker Zeke is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh it doesn't even have to be the best in the league. Moore gets cute against all defenses. It's just who he is.. I have given up on him changing. I can only hope he gets another job in another city very soon.
but it works against the lessor defenses hence the #1 offense status, he can get by those defenses just not the ones waiting on his nonsense and have the players to shut it down. I.e pre snap reads they are recognizing our formations.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
but it works against the lessor defenses hence the #1 offense status, he can get by those defenses just not the ones waiting on his nonsense and have the players to shut it down. I.e pre snap reads they are recognizing our formations.

Yeah the whole #1 offense thing to me has always come down to great players doing great things. I've said it a thousand times. We almost never see guys roaming free in the secondary like we see with other teams.. Nor do we see huge holes being created up front and our guys getting to the second level untouched like we see with startling regularity when watching other teams. We have completely neutered what made Zeke so unstoppable early in career by asking him stand still to take the handoff 90% of his totes. Get that beast going forward behind a line that is firing out and you're pretty much guaranteed 5 yards a carry and then as you beat the defense into submission he breaks one for 50.. As long as we are within one score Zeke should be getting the ball.. Period. But again, I don't believe Moore is capable of showing any patience at that point.. So I may as well get used to being frustrated with our running game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah the whole #1 offense thing to me has always come down to great players doing great things. I've said it a thousand times. We almost never see guys roaming free in the secondary like we see with other teams.. Nor do we see huge holes being created up front and our guys getting to the second level untouched like we see with startling regularity when watching other teams. We have completely neutered what made Zeke so unstoppable early in career by asking him stand still to take the handoff 90% of his totes. Get that beast going forward behind a line that is firing out and you're pretty much guaranteed 5 yards a carry and then as you beat the defense into submission he breaks one for 50.. As long as we are within one score Zeke should be getting the ball.. Period. But again, I don't believe Moore is capable of showing any patience at that point.. So I may as well get used to being frustrated with our running game.
agreed

wecasa

Reaction score
Just like with Felix Jones shoulda been the rb1. That worked out well...

Keep them in their current roles. My only change would be keep pollard out of pass protection situations.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just like with Felix Jones shoulda been the rb1. That worked out well...

Keep them in their current roles. My only change would be keep pollard out of pass protection situations.

For whatever reason Cincy chose not to blitz much.. Maybe they felt like they could get pressure without it.. But as a result you seldom saw either Pollard or Zeke having to take on a blitzer. Maybe the line just played better.. I expect that better DCs will recognize that Pollard is weak in pass pro and send people when he's in there on passing downs. At least that's what I would do. But to your point.. the whining to change their roles is ludicrous. How people are able to get their panties in a wad after a win always escapes me..

Toro9

Reaction score
He probably will be after this season because I don't think Zeke will be re-signed but is that what you REALLY want?

I know I've said to retain Pollard but upon further thought I'd let them both go and draft a complete RB in the second and another outside RB in the 4th.