Pollard will be a game changer for this offense

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please..

We pay Olineman to protect.. A quality blocking RB is a bonus and you can find guys who do it for cheap.

Zeke needs to make big plays.. Protecting the QB is just a nice thing he does on the side.

Umm...no. There's a reason Dak has stayed fairly healthy. And it ain't his legs. He gets good protection and not just any RB is gonna handle a blitzer or blown O'line blocking.

I agree....Zeke needs to step up his game and be in both physical and mental shape. As do MANY of our positions. But you thinking his blocking is inconsequential is ridiculous.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he will be a role player in this offense and McC will be sensitive to how much the owner is paying the QB, WR, RB1 and the first draft pick. I think all HC's are sensitive to making their bosses look good.

Pollard will have to make his mark with limited touches and most of those on receptions. This is a passing HC and OC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Umm...no. There's a reason Dak has stayed fairly healthy. And it ain't his legs. He gets good protection and not just any RB is gonna handle a blitzer or blown O'line blocking.

I agree....Zeke needs to step up his game and be in both physical and mental shape. As do MANY of our positions. But you thinking his blocking is inconsequential is ridiculous.

Jameze Olawale can pass protect.

A every down RB needs to be good at it but it’s down the list of validating a top 5 pick and top tier money at that position.

There is a long list of guys that can run, block, and catch that may not be as good as Zeke but they are considerably cheaper and will get similar results if they get his volume.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A every down RB needs to be good at it but it’s down the list of validating a top 5 pick and top tier money at that position.

There is a long list of guys that can run, block, and catch that may not be as good as Zeke but they are considerably cheaper and will get similar results if they get his volume.
Olawale has opted out, he's parent protecting.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In an offense featuring Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Zeke, why exactly would we want to change the game?

cern

Reaction score
i wouldn't be disappointed if pollard did as well this year as he did last year. but, injuries notwithstanding, i expect even more from him. same for zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not across the board they aren't. Olawale might be an "acceptable" blocker but he's not fooling anyone on either the run or passing down. I think he was the one who subbed for zeke and blew a easy pass play in the flats.

I rarely get into foolish "money" games. Your Zeke Derangement Syndrome is strong!

Watch Dak's highlights again. Watch zeke either blocking, taking a bailout by Dak (sometimes saving his but...with a awkward reception and long run/1st down)....or simply being a good coverage decoy. Olawale and many many others don't/can;t do that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he will be a role player in this offense and McC will be sensitive to how much the owner is paying the QB, WR, RB1 and the first draft pick. I think all HC's are sensitive to making their bosses look good.

Pollard will have to make his mark with limited touches and most of those on receptions. This is a passing HC and OC.

We've always had pretty good luck with a limited role 2nd rb. It's when we make them 1 we fall on our face.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not across the board they aren't. Olawale might be an "acceptable" blocker but he's not fooling anyone on either the run or passing down. I think he was the one who subbed for zeke and blew a easy pass play in the flats.

I rarely get into foolish "money" games. Your Zeke Derangement Syndrome is strong!

Watch Dak's highlights again. Watch zeke either blocking, taking a bailout by Dak (sometimes saving his but...with a awkward reception and long run/1st down)....or simply being a good coverage decoy. Olawale and many many others don't/can;t do that.

Zeke is the best blocker in football at his position.

I do not care..

Zeke needs to make big plays

Marion Barber was also a great blocker but when the big plays left Dallas didn’t hold on to him for his great blocking because when you invest a ton of resources into a position like RB where players are a dime a dozen the Coach speak about being a good blocker goes out the window and the reality is that it’s a big play league and if you were the worst blocker ever and made big plays they would pay you whatever you want.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is the best blocker in football at his position.

I do not care..

Zeke needs to make big plays

Marion Barber was also a great blocker but when the big plays left Dallas didn’t hold on to him for his great blocking because when you invest a ton of resources into a position like RB where players are a dime a dozen the Coach speak about being a good blocker goes out the window and the reality is that it’s a big play league and if you were the worst blocker ever and made big plays they would pay you whatever you want.
Not just a blocker dude...come on. This is unbecoming.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not just a blocker dude...come on. This is unbecoming.

He’s not explosive.

I think I’ve made myself pretty clear.

Zeke is a very good runner but with his volume he is getting it’s really not that special without big plays.

Zeke needs to be like 2016 Zeke.. Big plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Gamechanger for the offense? :rolleyes: He'll be a weapon but McCarthy has lots of weapons to choose from on this offense. No "gamechanger" status for Pollard.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gamechanger for the offense? :rolleyes: He'll be a weapon but McCarthy has lots of weapons to choose from on this offense. No "gamechanger" status for Pollard.

Fat Mike's got a lot of weapons but Pollard is the only one that requires a nuclear code.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fat Mike's got a lot of weapons but Pollard is the only one that requires a nuclear code.
That's just hype noise. He's no better than a half dozen or more other players that can contribute to this team.