Pollard will be a game changer for this offense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The way he ended the season, especially that Rams game, just showed what he is capable of.

If Elliot goes down, the offense will not miss a beat.

He may not have the power Zeke has, but he's got break away speed and will be burning opposing defenses. *4 fire emojis*

There is still a concern about how he would do with a heavy workload. Last year was the biggest workload he's had since high school.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Normally I would agree 100% but MM is a different cookie. I get the impression Zeke's contract means nothing to him vs his best chances of Ws. Notice his first few words to start camp........." everything is about winning". In other words, if Zeke is having an off game, I don't think he'd hesitate to give Pollard more snaps.
MM may be a different cookie but this is Jerry's team. Until that changes......I don't see Zeke losing some of his reps to Pollard.

I agree. But that is probably the best way to maximize the position AND at least keep Zeke fresh for the playoffs.
Well I agree with that personally but this ownership feels the need to justify the contracts they hand out so I expect Zeke to be ran into the ground and tired by the playoffs lol....I do hope to see Pollard get more reps and touches in the passing game too.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought last year they did a pretty good job rotating pollard in on every 3rd series. Where Moore needs to get better is when Zeke is struggling, he needs to get Pollard more opportunities.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lmao AC was game changer, which games the 8 he played well in or the 8 he was no where to be seen? sure is a lot of hype and game changer talk from an 8-8 season.. a lot of hate for player who has stayed steady and regarded highly by everyone but 10 of you here and fw media who only downgrade zeke to get responses for ratings.. AC was traded by his original team for the very thing that i just mentioned, i like Cooper but hes not a game changer on w2w basis..truly no-one was in 2019 so clean slate and lets move on..

games against Miami, NY, and Washington can not be used as a debate for dak or cooper..

they left the building down the stretch against the teams we actually needed wins against and left us in 2nd place and home for the playoffs in year we were supposed to contend and let a team decimated by injuries' win the division..

game changers lmao. Ill take zeke over Ac but in reality no one gets that moniker after last season..lets be real

Well asking a WR to step up and change every game is ridiculous.

Cooper is very lackluster at times but he has been the difference between winning and losing since he got here like it or not.

Zeke? What’s he done? He’s been a typical high volume back.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
:facepalm:

First off, Zeke takes himself off.

Secondly and most importantly: Never take Lamb off the field.

Never.

Stop. Those games people point to where Zeke took himself out were games where he played all but one or two snaps.

These plays are in your head because Pollard and Olawale screwed up.

Go look at the snap counts. Zeke is playing 90% of them nearly every game.

The data say y'all need to shut yer traps about Zeke taking himself out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeke did that because he is a beast and stayed in more then any back in the league so if he fell hard, hit hard, or simply just needed one play to catch is breath , hes old fat and slow LMAO!!

and instead of ripping him, commend him, despite bad plans or no plans he hardly came out.. still Pollard fumbled and zeke got blamed,., CZ at its best..rip the player buttering the bread of this offense since 2016 and excuse the player you say is better..lol..

as DC Fan for life i hoe they both succeed and have their best years ever..they are at the very least an Ingram/Kamara type combo and should be used correctly..maybe MM will get it right
I'm with you bro. Zeke plays his heart out. I say he's a big factor in Dak staying so healthy. I've seen him take on not just blitzers but offensive linemen. That's a mighty fine luxury for a QB right there.

I was hoping he could come in the season free and clear this year...the damn virus. :mad:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stop. Those games people point to where Zeke took himself out were games where he played all but one or two snaps.

These plays are in your head because Pollard and Olawale screwed up.

Go look at the snap counts. Zeke is playing 90% of them nearly every game.

The data say y'all need to shut yer traps about Zeke taking himself out.
:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm with you bro. Zeke plays his heart out. I say he's a big factor in Dak staying so healthy. I've seen him take on not just blitzers but offensive linemen. That's a mighty fine luxury for a QB right there.

I was hoping he could come in the season free and clear this year...the damn virus. :mad:

This is nice and everything.

The problem is Zeke needs to make big plays to validate what he is paid.

You can find good RB's for much less to do what Zeke has done.

WE need 2016 type of play from that guy. 30 yard runs and homerun hits to the house.

It's a big play league. We need him to add that back.

I worry about Pollard regressing because RB's that come here usually run to space their 1st year then as the years go on they bulk up and seek contact in the secondary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we fail to see Pollard being used in tandem some with Zeke this year. Big Mike seems like the type who'd be aware of the advantage something like that provides. His use of analytics might serve the Cowboys well in that respect, amongst things. Being more unpredictable should serve this offense well to make a full backfield an occasional option. If Kellen Moore is who many of us hope he is, he'll bear that in mind. ;)

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He may not have the power Zeke has

Anyone who thinks we won’t miss a beat with Pollard must have forgot the critical third and one where he took a loss late in the season against Philly. He doesn’t have Zeke’s power which is why we would miss a beat with him. We would miss several beats with Pollard. He’s not an every down back who can push the pile.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The weapons, combined with the o-line, surrounding Dak are borderline historical.
Certainly the best since the 90s and maybe beyond

Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Pollard, Jarwin.....COMBINED with a top 5 o-line.
Some teams might have great WRs but not a great RB or line. Others a great line but lacking in weapons. Etc

Dallas has ALL THREE. Line, RBs, Receivers
Not enough balls to go around!

The offense should hum
:flagwave:

Rayman70

Reaction score
so which is it Zeke taps out too much which is FALSE Narrative as zeke leads the league in snaps played by a RB or Pollards doesnt get enough touches in real moments, so zeke taps out and Pollard comes in ion very important play and Fumbles but hes excused because zeke shouldnt have tapped out? Zeke had good reasons to remove himself here and there because the coaches dont have a plan for him, zekes has full control on when he comes out and plays more then any rb in the league in snaps played, blocking, running, and catching add in plays he runs patterns or is decoy, dude hardly leaves the field but hes fat and out of shape?lmao

Hypocrisy, i like pollard but if all he got was garbage time , did he shine? his best games were the same ones Zeke had his best games, thats says the OL or the bad defense ont he other side helped both, but in the games where zeke struggled Pollard struggled worse.. he never showed he could be better then zeke, not once..

I see him as a change of ace backup until i see more..and a nice 1-2 combo but zeke is clearly the better NFL BACK..PERIOD
I'm not in the "ZEKE TAPS OUT CAMP." That isn't me who said that. I agree, I think that is overblown and I could deal with that. I'm in the camp of WHY CAN'T WE USE BOTH GUYS AT THE SAME TIME ? Realizing each is unique and very different. Zeke is a mudder with SOME take it to the house ability from about 30 yards out. I feel good about that. But he isnt the guy he was in 2016 where he could take it all the way from anywhere. Thats ok too, I don't care. He is a move the chains guy.Great Redzone and short yardage guy. Almost automatic. Pollard isn't that. Pollard is more of a luxury. A complimentary guy. One advantage he has over Zeke is his versatility in the passing game. Its special. Where Zeke is vastly better and proven over him is pass blocking. That is something people just never seem to understand. It is super important that Daks backside can be protected by a RB if the situation calls for it. Zeke IS THAT GUY. Or a rusher coming from up the middle on a blitz that the RB can quickly recognize and block. Pollard scares me on that. I don't want him in there on those situations. Dak will get crushed. No reason However, that we shouldn't use both guys a ton, and I am a fan of having a diverse backfield. The more you make the defense defend, and think about, the better.MM is a master at doing just that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The weapons, combined with the o-line, surrounding Dak are borderline historical.
Certainly the best since the 90s and maybe beyond

Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Pollard, Jarwin.....COMBINED with a top 5 o-line.
Some team might have great WRs but not a great RB or line. Others a great line but lacking in weapons. Etc
Dallas has ALL THREE. Line, RBs, Receivers
Not enough balls to go around!

The offense should hum
:flagwave:
we agree. Reminds me of the Late 90's early 2000's Rams..greatest show on turf.Has the makings of a special Offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re not going to get the dirty 4 to 6 yard push the pile runs with Pollard. He’s quicker and has more burst enabling him to get to the outside and make plays but he’s not the powerful between the tackles runner that Zeke is. It would be a long day with Pollard against teams bent on stacking the box and stopping the run.

cowboygo

Reaction score

The way he ended the season, especially that Rams game, just showed what he is capable of.

He may not have the power Zeke has, but he's got break away speed and will be burning opposing defenses. *4 fire emojis*

He won't be given the ball enough to be a game changer. Now, I think he can be an excellent role player in this offense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You’re not going to get the dirty 4 to 6 yard push the pile runs with Pollard. He’s quicker and has more burst enabling him to get to the outside and make plays but he’s not the powerful between the tackles runner that Zeke is. It would be a long day with Pollard against teams bent on stacking the box and stopping the run.
exactly. he is a guy you want in open space. You set him up by spreading out defenses and flinging the rock all around, THEN come back to him running. With Zeke it doesnt really matter. Pollard on the other hand needs to get outside the tackle box and the team has to have some success passing before you can slam him on a dive play and expect anything. He is good between the tackles, but liek I said, in the correct sitch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He won't be given the ball enough to be a game changer. Now, I think he can be an excellent role player in this offense.
I disagree. THINK BIGGER PICTURE. He is a special teams nightmare as a returner. He was a beast in college as a WR.RB.PR.KR. A real weapon that teams had to account for. He was the offense many times. His role will be as much as he can handle. Its up to him and coach MM. We just seen a taste of that last year. He embarrassed the rams last year. Not a shabby dline they had.