Pollard

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK about that. It's going to make me upset when lewis goes to another team, balls out, and I have to sit here and tell you I told you so.

FYI - My comment that you could do better was a significant compliment coming from me.

I never said Lewis was a bad player.

There is no personal attachment for me to any of the other 3 CBs.
- I don't have any past proclamations that I need to defend, especially not on Brown.
- I did like both the Awuzie and Lewis picks.

I've only been emotionally invested in defending or criticizing 3 players over the years.
- A CB was one of them.

I said before camp started that Lewis has a chance to move into one of the 3 "starting" CB roles.
- Lewis must play within the scheme and play the Kris Richard techniques to get that chance.
- Brown is only barely bigger than Lewis. Size was not the deciding factor in 2018.

I said in my Lewis/Brown review that there is NO proof that he is better or worse than Brown.

I've said a few times that it's great to have a quality 4th CB.
- They were able to play Dime against Kamara.
- Lewis was solid as the Nickel CB when Brown/Awuzie each missed a game.

I said Lewis was one of my favorite players because of the way he stood up to Dez as shown on the All or Nothing series.
- Dez couldn't take it that young player stood up to him and wouldn't back down. That was awesome.

Having said that, there was a fan narrative early on that Lewis was a great player.
- Casual fans that don't really study the games jumped on that narrative.
- Fans love the way Lewis carries himself on the field. He is very cocky.

Coaches have their own schemes. They have to find players that that fit their scheme or will adapt to their scheme.
- The last thing fans should want are coaches that would let players or public opinion make personnel decisions.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
FYI - My comment that you could do better was a significant compliment coming from me.

I never said Lewis was a bad player.

There is no personal attachment for me to any of the other 3 CBs.
- I don't have any past proclamations that I need to defend, especially not on Brown.
- I did like both the Awuzie and Lewis picks.

I've only been emotionally invested in defending or criticizing 3 players over the years.
- A CB was one of them.

I said before camp started that Lewis has a chance to move into one of the 3 "starting" CB roles.
- Lewis must play within the scheme and play the Kris Richard techniques to get that chance.
- Brown is only barely bigger than Lewis. Size was not the deciding factor in 2018.

I said in my Lewis/Brown review that there is NO proof that he is better or worse than Brown.

I've said a few times that it's great to have a quality 4th CB.
- They were able to play Dime against Kamara.
- Lewis was solid as the Nickel CB when Brown/Awuzie each missed a game.

I said Lewis was one of my favorite players because of the way he stood up to Dez as shown on the All or Nothing series.
- Dez couldn't take it that young player stood up to him and wouldn't back down. That was awesome.

Having said that, there was a fan narrative early on that Lewis was a great player.
- Casual fans that don't really study the games jumped on that narrative.
- Fans love the way Lewis carries himself on the field. He is very cocky.

Coaches have their own schemes. They have to find players that that fit their scheme or will adapt to their scheme.
- The last thing fans should want are coaches that would let players or public opinion make personnel decisions.
Size was 100% the reason he never got any burn in 2018. He was the 4th CB the first day of OTAs even though he was the best Corner on the team at the end of 2017. I've linked you sources before but you like to spread misinformation. You think what you want I don't trust any of these coaches. I've seen too many mistakes when it comes to personnel on the defensive side of the ball. He needs to start over chido let chido and brown battle it out for the nickel. Chido was one of the best corner blitzers coming out of college. He was also so physical they thought he could transition to safety. And many of the draft experts projected him as a nickel corner, because of these traits. Lewis was definitely better than chido last year.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Chido is one of the reasons Jones looks so good. With an easily burnable corner on the other side, why bother throwing it in the direction of Jones?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Size was 100% the reason he never got any burn in 2018. He was the 4th CB the first day of OTAs even though he was the best Corner on the team at the end of 2017. I've linked you sources before but you like to spread misinformation. You think what you want I don't trust any of these coaches. I've seen too many mistakes when it comes to personnel on the defensive side of the ball. He needs to start over chido let chido and brown battle it out for the nickel. Chido was one of the best corner blitzers coming out of college. He was also so physical they thought he could transition to safety. And many of the draft experts projected him as a nickel corner, because of these traits. Lewis was definitely better than chido last year.

It's easier to compare Brown and Lewis.
- Lewis didn't play outside CB in 2018.
- Awuzie didn't play Nickel (slot) CB in 2018.

They have a significant amount of time on the field before training camp starts.
- Brown/Lewis: Same arm length, similar weight, Brown 1 inch taller.

Kris Richard has only been with the Cowboys 1 season.
- Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas give him a ringing endorsement.
- Seattle had a top secondary when KR was the secondary coach.
- KR immediately moved Byron Jones from Safety to CB.

I don't spread "misinformation".
- It is a fact that PFF hires people to "grade film" that have no experience doing it.
- PFF once gave Doug Free a better rating than Tyron Smith.

Fans should have players that the like. Nothing wrong with that.

Why can't you just say:
  • You watch the games on TV and have a gut feeling that Lewis is better than Brown/Awuzie.
  • You don't study the games in any detail.
  • You believe that PFF is more credible than Kris Richard.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's easier to compare Brown and Lewis.
- Lewis didn't play outside CB in 2018.
- Awuzie didn't play Nickel (slot) CB in 2018.

They have a significant amount of time on the field before training camp starts.
- Brown/Lewis: Same arm length, similar weight, Brown 1 inch taller.

Kris Richard has only been with the Cowboys 1 season.
- Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas give him a ringing endorsement.
- Seattle had a top secondary when KR was the secondary coach.
- KR immediately moved Byron Jones from Safety to CB.

I don't spread "misinformation".
- It is a fact that PFF hires people to "grade film" that have no experience doing it.
- PFF once gave Doug Free a better rating than Tyron Smith.

Fans should have players that the like. Nothing wrong with that.

Why can't you just say:
  • You watch the games on TV and have a gut feeling that Lewis is better than Brown/Awuzie.
  • You don't study the games in any detail.
  • You believe that PFF is more credible than Kris Richard.
The misinformation is that Jourdan Lewis lost his spot before the 2018 season in camp. That is 100% false. He started as the 4th cb before they even stepped on the practice field. He didn't have a chance. Kris Richard didn't do much different in 2018 than what our pass defense was in 2017. I know the game in detail I watch the all 22 and look at stats and snap counts very closely. Any idiot on earth knew Byron wasn't a safety. A lot of us called for him to be a cb from the jump. Also lewis played plenty of outside corner in 2017. You claim you are a tape watching guru but have never given any credentials of why we should listen to any crap you type or your 6 posts of practice pictures that you want to explain.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
That's scary...sounds like they dusted off the Lance Dunbar play package. Pollard should be running all the RB routes and the slot n outside routes.

Hope they don't limit this guy. At the same time he needs some work with Sanjay to tighten up his route running... I'm putting away the anointing oil (thanks Tuna).

Need confirmation Garrett's offense has the flexibility (creativity) to use this player to the best of his abilities and Pollard will work on his routes.
"Tuna." That's what I call my ex...