Pollard's Injury

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The isn't an Achilles or ACL. He's likely walking normally already. This was 2 and a half months ago already.
They were more concerned with the high ankle sprain with a scare on tendons around the injury. But it came out OK. They didn't even have to use screws on the fibula

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Can this team really trust a guy who had his leg broken for him during the second quarter of the last game of the year?

Dak broke his ankle and it took two off seasons and a full season before he was steady enough to now worry about the ankle.

What makes anyone think you can just plug in Pollard and things will be okay?

And on top of that, he's been tagged and paid a premium price to rehab with nothing guaranteed next season. And sitting behind him on the depth chart are just guys.
Lol, it didn’t take Dak two off-seasons and a full season to get right.

WTH, are talking about?

He broke his leg in the middle of 2020, came back to start the next season and have the best year of his career.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Where we will suffer is in pass protection. We cant ask #20 to be that guy because he just isnt that. Which is why we signed RJ and will need to draft a rb that can do that. Mikes offense luckily hinges on the QB getting the ball out quickly so that will help. Then with his injury, will he be the same rb? Thats why we shouldnt have tagged him and need to rescind it

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can this team really trust a guy who had his leg broken for him during the second quarter of the last game of the year?

Dak broke his ankle and it took two off seasons and a full season before he was steady enough to now worry about the ankle.

And on top of that, he's been tagged and paid a premium price to rehab with nothing guaranteed next season. And sitting behind him on the depth chart are just guys.
He didn’t break his ankle, he broke his leg. He’s probably already mostly healed from that. The real issue is the tendon damage. They obviously feel he’ll be fine otherwise they wouldn’t have tagged him. It’s a gamble that every team faces multiple times every year.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not the same injury
Not even close.

One of the big issues for Dak (besides his foot facing the wrong way) was that he had a compound fracture, with the bone breaking through the skin opening it all up to infection.

Infection can be a huge problem that has to be cleaned out and treated for a while.

The Ankle is also a complicated joint that can be difficult to heal correctly.

A broken bone in your leg… particularly one not even broken enough to require surgery… just isn’t in the same universe, healing prospects and injury complications.

In fact, Pollard’s doctors said the high-ankle sprain that accompanied his broken leg would take longer to heal than the broken bone, which wouldn’t require much of anything to accomplish.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The fibula runs from the knee to the ankle. I never said Dak and Pollard had the same injury. I am saying that Pollard requires his legs to work to be able to do his job. All the assurances from the Great Unwashed here doesn't change the fact no one here knows if he will be in top shape or not. I think it is a concern until it is proven different.

Thank you for your replies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm sure he will be just fine. I'm quite sure Dallas did their due diligence looking into his injury before deciding to tag him. It's not as if they have some doc-in-the-box doctors working for them either. He's getting the best doctors you can probably find on the planet.

I'm more worried about what this team is going to do at DT than I am about Pollard being able to bounce back.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Lol, it didn’t take Dak two off-seasons and a full season to get right.

WTH, are talking about?

He broke his leg in the middle of 2020, came back to start the next season and have the best year of his career.
Did you see Dak sit out with a calf strain for several games? Did you hear the people talking about it during games and in the press? The calf strain was related to the injury. He came back to start, but had issues. I didn't make that up. He was not completely right until the next season after coming back.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this kind of injury for a RB like Pollard may be a game changer in a bad way. Will he have his burst and cutting? Remember, he had a severe injury to his foot the year before this. Is this a trend? Call me crazy, but giving a guy 10 mill and a full workload coming off of 2 years of injuries sounds bad. A big ask.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He didn’t break his ankle, he broke his leg. He’s probably already mostly healed from that. The real issue is the tendon damage. They obviously feel he’ll be fine otherwise they wouldn’t have tagged him. It’s a gamble that every team faces multiple times every year.
Every ankle sprain is tendon damage to some degree.

My understanding is that the doctor’s went in and tightened up his tendons surgically, which will lessen the chances for further sprains.

I had a chronic ankle sprain while I was playing in college and the doctor told me that he could go in and tighten those tendons, which would help keep my ankle from rolling so much.

I opted not to do it because I didn’t want to deal with the heal time and I certainly wasn’t good enough to go on to the next level… so I just played on it.

Even later, playing intramural flag football tournaments, I would still turn that damn ankle every other game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Internet doctors. A broken Fibia is not a broken foot. You can actually walk on it.
My understanding is was the tissue or ligaments that required the surgery not the bone. Thats what worries me about pollards injury.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Every ankle sprain is tendon damage to some degree.

My understanding is that the doctor’s went in and tightened up his tendons surgically, which will lessen the chances for further sprains.

I had a chronic ankle sprain while I was playing in college and the doctor told me that he could go in and tighten those tendons, which would help keep my ankle from rolling so much.

I opted not to do it because I didn’t want to deal with the heal time and I certainly wasn’t good enough to go on to the next level… so I just played on it.

Even later, playing intramural flag football tournaments, I would still turn that damn ankle every other game.
I had a similar injury playing intramural soccer. Stepped in a hole running down the field and stepped in a hole. Severe ankle sprain and broken toe. That ankle still feels different than the other.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score

Draft Bijan Robinson for a backup plan

Kwyn

Reaction score

He didn’t “break his leg”.

If this is your “expert analysis” of this situation, please just confirm so I can put you on ignore.