Poor zeke is stuck with bad left guard play for 4 straight years

Sydla

Reaction score
The one year he has a chance to get good or great l g play, Tyron gets hurt. And they wonder why his ypc dropped. Salute to him for getting yards despite not having holes to run through. Mark my words, if Tyler plays guard, this run game will be transformed.

He shouldn’t need a great LG to make plays. That’s why we paid him what we paid him. He’s supposed to make others around him better, not the other way around.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Zeke has little burst left

He now reminds me of Earl Campbell towards the end of his career.

But you must give credit to Washingtons dline

He's essentially a FB at this point. They should use him as such. He would sure as hell block better than whatever lineman they are putting back there today.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Because he’s playing a high level LT?
Tyler’s solid st l t. But we know the teams helps young guys to look good. Tyler can dominate at guard. It would help our cevter because he won’t have to be as good.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one year he has a chance to get good or great l g play, Tyron gets hurt. And they wonder why his ypc dropped. Salute to him for getting yards despite not having holes to run through. Mark my words, if Tyler plays guard, this run game will be transformed.
The guy just keeps fighting and forces defenses to ..if not respect the run at least keep them honest.

Love Pollard but if it were just him....our offense would suffer.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think you let Peters start at LG and get Ferguson in blocking. McGovern FB and you’ll see a big difference.

Also, we need to mix up some runs out on the edges forcing their corners and safeties to tackle. I think the run plays that get called are so vanilla it doesn’t help either.

Even our screens teams just sniff them out but for some reason everyone else seems to run effective screens against us. They also effectively run to the left

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke has had plenty of holes this year that he didn’t take advantage of. There’s always someone here to give a litany of excuses for an underperforming player

Zeke still brings value to this team but in no reality should he be getting 20 carries anymore
So other teams don't have a 4.5 ypc running back?

Emmitt smith was 4.2.

You zeke haters are crazy nuts...but okay,.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I think you let Peters start at LG and get Ferguson in blocking. McGovern FB and you’ll see a big difference.

Also, we need to mix up some runs out on the edges forcing their corners and safeties to tackle. I think the run plays that get called are so vanilla it doesn’t help either.

Even our screens teams just sniff them out but for some reason everyone else seems to run effective screens against us. They also effectively run to the left
We need good l g play. We’ve had bad t e blocking for about 4 years too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Tyler’s solid st l t. But we know the teams helps young guys to look good. Tyler can dominate at guard. It would help our cevter because he won’t have to be as good.

Hes played very well at LT. It would be silly to move him back to LG at this point.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Hes played very well at LT. It would be silly to move him back to LG at this point.
It wouldn’t. He has the ability to take our run have to another level. Why let him be a good tackle when he can be a hall of fame guard? The last time we had 2 hall of fame guards was the 90s. Peters is a good tackle. Tyron’s better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has plenty of burst. He needs a few holes to run through.
CowboyRoy......what about TPollard's 0.8 ypc today? Run blocking wasn't close to above average tier today.

What about it? He wasnt good. Be he also isnt the lead back getting 19 carries and 19 million. Pollard was pretty much an after thought with 8 carries.

superonyx

Reaction score
He shouldn’t need a great LG to make plays. That’s why we paid him what we paid him. He’s supposed to make others around him better, not the other way around.
He kind of does. Have you seen Pollards runs when he spells Zeke.

I don't care if Peters plays LG or LT, just let him play. We got to see our backup center and a guard so bad he couldnt beat out Conor Williams last year while Peters sits on the bench.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Yes. Poor Zeke. Doesnt have All-Pros at every OL position.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Because he’s playing a high level LT?
I know he is . . and as I said with Peters there I don't believe it would be that much of a drop off . . . But with Smith at guard I believe It would be a big upgrade based on His skill set . . . He trained all off season to play there .

Moving Him back would not stunt His growth

Only reason I can see them not playing Peters atvLeft Tackle is all the substitutions He needs as he gets into playing shape