Exactly, yet some of our idiotic fans still complain lolYou trade for who is available who makes your defense better. JPJ hasn’t given up a TD in almost 3 years. In CP’s scheme, he becomes our Mitchell, a guy who plays man on one side of the field while we zone up the other side.
Aww whatever makes you feel better and gives you a cheap way out brothaI complain about people who use "yall" but I agree anyway![]()
Absolutely. If he can knock down a few 3rd down passes or get a few picksIm not mad at the trade i think he will do good here in Dallas, but will he make a difference in Wins/Losses because we are in a complete defensive rebuild. Im concerned if he will want to be here next year if he doesnt get what he wants.
Makes senseHe will not be on the PS.
He would get poached.
I think in this case. Or they used to. They get a roster exemption for the week, so he can't play. Then next week around Tuesday they will make a roster move.
Unless they have a roster opening since they just put 2 players on IR DTR. Then he will be able to play.
Notice I said pretty much! What reality are you talking about? It’s just like investing $100k in a Roth IRA today, would you prefer to pay the $25k in taxes today and invest $75k or invest the full $100k today and pay the tax 30 years from now when that $25k tax bill is paid in lesser value dollars?Why do people keep saying this like a hard and fast rule. So a 2030 1st is equal to a 2026 5th
It was a loose over-exaggeration to try and value future picks. In reality, a mid 2nd in 2027 is probably closer to a late 2nd in 2028 than it is a 3rd and trades bear this out. But even if you want to agree with the dropping a round when it moves back one year, you can't do it for multiple years
No. It's not like that at allNotice I said pretty much! What reality are you talking about? It’s just like investing $100k in a Roth IRA today, would you prefer to pay the $25k in taxes today and invest $75k or invest the full $100k today and pay the tax 30 years from now when that $25k tax bill is paid in lesser value dollars?
This is a great trade by Dallas, it’s hard to find 26 year old corners who are 6’2”. He’s played in 47 games and has 31 PBU’s, he’s also a good tackler for a corner - 164 in 3 years. Dallas is currently 29th in Defensive efficiency and 32nd in 3rd down conversion allowed, this trade will help them!
So u would prefer to give a 2nd in 27 vs a 2nd in 28. Got it!No. It's not like that at all
Makes absolute sense - but it’s always good to have more options, even if it’s just for leverage in negotiations.Part of the reason I used Sweat in my example was to show he could be a 1 year rental. If you traded for Maxx you are keeping him long term. Adding Maxx, Pickens and Porter to the cap...
Porter and Pickens both need deals. You know Jerry isn't paying them. Plus - I truly think it's the pass rush that is the problem on defense. That and the terrible coaching staff.
I would have preferred a move for an edge rusher and didn’t want this deal but overall I have to give the franchise some credit for not just sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing anymore. Right or wrong I don’t think the Cowboys feel this is a this year only move.
The 6th rounder is immaterial to me- the 2nd rounder is 2 years away, if the eagles or another team made this move we would say compensation wise they did very well.
I think he’s a top 10 corner- not a top 5 one and the contract situation is dicey but while I did not want him at all- the hand wringing here is a bit much.
