Possible 10-15 years of .500 football when Dak's gone

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Im not totally sure what my mind set is but im glad you do for me.
Im po'd with the whole team right now.
Well, I can understand that. I think everybody is frustrated. At least for now maybe management sees it, but the fans don't see help on the horizon. It's almost like this coming football season is being thrown away. We'll get a bunch of draft picks towards the 2025 draft, and maybe make a run in 2025. I don't know.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I love people that are only able to ideate the worst outcomes. Good for QC and little else.

raven55

Reaction score
DON'T really get much now remember we have to built a wall around dak and have a golf cart for him to ride back to the bench so he can put his head down between his a--

jnday

Reaction score
I doubt it. I think there is a few years of bad football ahead of us. top 5, top 10 picks. similar to campo years. churning coaches that's up coming in the next few years. but not 10-15 years. Jerry will be dead before then so things will change a bit.
When Jerry passes on, you are really going to see a **** show. Stephen is so tight with the money it’s going to be impossible to field a winning team. The Jones family are some of the worst GMs in the league. Jerry has lied constantly about going all in, but it never happens. After 54 years of being a fan, I have lost all hope of seeing the Cowboys return to their former glory.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When Jerry passes on, you are really going to see a **** show. Stephen is so tight with the money it’s going to be impossible to field a winning team. The Jones family are some of the worst GMs in the league. Jerry has lied constantly about going all in, but it never happens. After 54 years of being a fan, I have lost all hope of seeing the Cowboys return to their former glory.
that wouldn't surprise me one bit. stephen learned from Jerry and he has similar focus in focusing on bottom line profits only.
we are the raiders of the Davis family.
its sad. its hopeless

leeblair

Reaction score
Why do people keep assuming HC in Dallas make decisions.

Parcells did not want TO.

What do you think Garrett was going to do?
Actually coach the team.
If you loved the Cowboys like I do, regardless of the owner, you could still provide leadership on the sidelines. Garrett's philosophies were idiotic, at best. He seemed to think that the Cowboys would be great simply because of their history, and coaching wasn't needed.
So he didn't do any coaching. The Cowboys had a real quarterback, but they were missing the key component they needed on gamedays- a head coach on the sidelines.
Now they miss having a real quarterback, despite having a real head coach.
Dak is Garrett 2.0.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Actually coach the team.
If you loved the Cowboys like I do, regardless of the owner, you could still provide leadership on the sidelines. Garrett's philosophies were idiotic, at best. He seemed to think that the Cowboys would be great simply because of their history, and coaching wasn't needed.
So he didn't do any coaching. The Cowboys had a real quarterback, but they were missing the key component they needed on gamedays- a head coach on the sidelines.
Dak is Garrett 2.0.
Are you talking about Kellen Moore at QB again?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Actually coach the team.
Dak is Garrett 2.0.
You're right Garrett did no coaching over 8 years.

Do you realize how dumb you sound? Do you have an inner voice? Or are you one of those people I am hearing about on TikTok that just says what they automatically think?

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys was a dream come true for most fans, but Garrett didn't appreciate it enough to work at it. He just wanted to look good for the cameras.
Hey he got to spend some quality time with Charlotte every year in the draft room.

LocoBates

Reaction score
He was NFL MVP Runner Up. Deal with it.
Also MVP Runner Up in 2014-2015.. Tony Romo. So your point is.....?

Did any of the two QBs take Dallas to the SB? nope. So, enough with that agenda! No one is buying the "runner up" label. If anything, the Runner Up is the first one to lose. Only MVP matters.

MOVE ON,

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Did any of the two QBs take Dallas to the SB? nope. So, enough with that agenda! No one is buying the "runner up" label. If anything, the Runner Up is the first one to lose. Only MVP matters.

MOVE ON,
are you also talking about the 28 year GM?

LocoBates

Reaction score
are you also talking about the 28 year GM?
I don't know, did someone say the GM was the MVP Runner Up too? If so, then yes.

But I got the feeling that now that the MVP Runner Up QB success and reason for "Team greatness" has been debunked, the attention will quickly deviate to the GM.

And just to be clear, I think both FO and QB sucks big time.

Chasing6

Reaction score

MOVE ON,
Well the MVP does not matter either. He did not win a SB.

If the QB has to carry the team he will have stats to compete for an MVP.

How many MVP 's did Troy have? Was he ever even in the running?

hopemsu

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
mahomes and brady play(ed) for generation teams as well. You don't get a generation qb without a generational team and coach. Troy Aikman approves this message.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
10 to 15 is a bit much. But the Cowboys probably need to lean period. Interest in the organization is going to wane. Probably is already. They need an 86-90 period where they are nothing