Possible 10-15 years of .500 football when Dak's gone

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
You claim some sort of objectivity and yet proceed to claim 20 years of mediocrity if we get rid of him?

Thats crazy.

If that happens it certainly wouldnt be from being rid of dak. And it wouldnt be much of a change from having him either.
I don't claim it.

I'm relaying what I lived through. There's a difference. I don't particularly want to go through it again with another team. Maybe it won't. Maybe it will. That's the way it goes, and no one knows with great certainty it won't happen here. Prescott is a big part of it. I say that because he isn't some below-average quarterback. You might get that when he's gone.

Your of the mind that he is some stiff that you can just replace with anybody to produce the same results. I don't share that mindset. That's all.

leeblair

Reaction score
Who hired Garrett?
Jones, but Garrett btilhad a choice. Being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys was a dream come true for most fans, but Garrett didn't appreciate it enough to work at it. He just wanted to look good for the cameras.
Dak is just like him. No leadership on the field, but good at interviews.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jones, but Garrett btilhad a choice. Being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys was a dream come true for most fans, but Garrett didn't appreciate it enough to work at it. He just wanted to look good for the cameras.
Dak is just like him. No leadership on the field, but good at interviews.
Why do people keep assuming HC in Dallas make decisions.

Parcells did not want TO.

What do you think Garrett was going to do?

Sully

Reaction score
I do like Dak, but .500 or lose in the 1st rd of the playoffs is the same thing.

Not paying a player Superbowl contract when the player can't even get to a conference finals. Not faulting the players. Get all you can get It is the owners that pay the players but fans want WINS. Stat are for players to get their 'piggy bank' filled. But if the player can't get the team( which football is a team sport) to higher levels in the playoffs, then you ge paid at the level where you ended the season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I do like Dak, but .500 or lose in the 1st rd of the playoffs is the same thing.

Not paying a player Superbowl contract when the player can't even get to a conference finals. Not faulting the players. Get all you can get It is the owners that pay the players but fans want WINS. Stat are for players to get their 'piggy bank' filled. But if the player can't get the team( which football is a team sport) to higher levels in the playoffs, then you ge paid at the level where you ended the season.
if only the QB market worked this way, the owners have created the market..now they go crying to the media about the market they created..

Chasing6

Reaction score

We are not going to win a SB regardless with GM Jethro any time in the future.

Therefore, I would prefer to help eliminate the Eagles, Giants and Redskuns(I know it will get changed to Commanders) and lose in the playoffs.

Motorola

Reaction score
i think you will eat your words come preseason and how fluid he looks...MM 100 percent was retained due to Lance progression and the strides Dak made with Lamb.
If the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs - or gain a postseason berth but yet again not advance - McCarthy IS GONE

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs - or gain a postseason berth but yet again not advance - McCarthy IS GONE
When is GM Jerry done?

Not saying he will, but if McCarthy has other options, why would he want to return?

Why would any legit coach, not a retread out of retirement and or a first time coach, a legit coach want to come to Dallas if they have other options?

You are handcuffed by the Owner.

leicafan

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
QB don't grow on the tree, but I want an Fuji apple not a lemon.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't claim it.

I'm relaying what I lived through. There's a difference. I don't particularly want to go through it again with another team. Maybe it won't. Maybe it will. That's the way it goes, and no one knows with great certainty it won't happen here. Prescott is a big part of it. I say that because he isn't some below-average quarterback. You might get that when he's gone.

Your of the mind that he is some stiff that you can just replace with anybody to produce the same results. I don't share that mindset. That's all.
Im not totally sure what my mind set is but im glad you do for me.
Im po'd with the whole team right now.

Motorola

Reaction score
Unfortunately we know how that will play out.

Exhibit B__Davis Jr
Contrasting the Cowboys' ownership future with the Raiders-
Jerry has three children that have been heavily involved in running the franchise (and have a number of grandchildren to groom to keep the mutil-billion sprorts industry in the family's ownership = control).
Mark Davis has no siblings...and appears to not have fathered children to keep the iconic pro football franchise under the family ownership.