Possible Day 2 Targets

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There are literally dozens of great football players available in this draft starting in round 2. Here are some top players that might be Cowboys targets at 50:
This is why I was hoping for a trade back. Lots of very good players to fill needs for us between 19 and 50.

Trade back 19, trade the proceeds back into the 2nd, and we get 3 good players who fill needs.

Maybe they didn't have a partner. Maybe they fall in love with LVE, and wouldn't risk trading back. Hope he is worth it.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good list Bob!
Sutton or Connor Williams but Mike Goesecki might be an option for a big WR/ TE to work the middle of the field. Dallas tends to surprise with 2nd round picks.

DanA

Reaction score
If it was a choice between Marcus Martin and Terrence Williams starting.....I’ll take Terrence Williams starting every time. I’d much rather Connor Williams, James Daniels or Will Hernandez than Sutton, Kirk or Washington at 50.

visionary

Reaction score
This is why I was hoping for a trade back. Lots of very good players to fill needs for us between 19 and 50.

Trade back 19, trade the proceeds back into the 2nd, and we get 3 good players who fill needs.

Maybe they didn't have a partner. Maybe they fall in love with LVE, and wouldn't risk trading back. Hope he is worth it.

I think they were taking LVE all the way

I'm taking Reid/Bates at 50
Best OG/DT/WR at 81

Undefeated

Reaction score

From what I've seen, they had some calls, but didn't think LVE would be at their pick if they traded back

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
From what I've seen, they had some calls, but didn't think LVE would be at their pick if they traded back

I don't see a reason to be married to this guy at 19. But I'll hope they're right.

I felt the same way about Frederick, and he's my favorite player now.

cowboyec

Reaction score
using official 30 visits,private workouts and Dallas day as my guide....

WR
courtland sutton,smu(30)
james washington,okla st(30)
christian kirk,a&m(private workout)
dj chark,lsu(private workout)

OG
james daniels,iowa(30)
will hernandez,utep(private workout)
austin corbett,nevada(private workout)
braden smith,auburn(private workout)

LB
darius leonard,sc st(30)
malik jefferson,texas(private workout)
fred warner,byu(private workout)

DT
nathan shepherd,ft hayes(30)
dashawn hand,alabama(30)

DE
harold landry,boston college(30)
arden key,lsu(30)

CB
isaiah oliver,colorado(private workout)

S
tavarius moore,southern miss(30)

garyv

Reaction score
There are literally dozens of great football players available in this draft starting in round 2. Here are some top players that might be Cowboys targets at 50:

WRs (not necessarily in ranked order)
-DJ Chark- LSU
-Anthony Miller- Memphis
-Courtland Sutton- SMU
-Christian Kirk- TAM
-James Washington-OSU

DL
-Harrison Phillips- Stanford
-BJ Hill- NCState
-Mo Hurst- Mich
-Josh Sweat- FLA ST

OG/T
-Will Hernandez (won’t be there at 50) UTEP
-James Daniels- Iowa
-Connor Williams- UT
-Braden Smith- Auburn

TE
-Dallas Goedert- S. Dakota ST
-Mike Goesecki-Penn St
-Mark Andrews- Zero U

S
Justin Reed- Stanford

Thoughts?
personally I look at top 18 minus tight ends
because shocked if we took one at 50

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Thats the pick

Lots of folks on this site are screaming for a safety. But I don't see that the Cowboys feel that the safeties they have aren't up to the task.

Just got Woods last year, Heath just got to be a starter last year, they like Frazier and there's Showers, who's been in training for safety for a couple of years now, might be ready to step up.

I feel o-line is likely, though they may want to add to the DT spot with Irving having more off the field issues...

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Lots of folks on this site are screaming for a safety. But I don't see that the Cowboys feel that the safeties they have aren't up to the task.

Just got Woods last year, Heath just got to be a starter last year, they like Frazier and there's Showers, who's been in training for safety for a couple of years now, might be ready to step up.

I feel o-line is likely, though they may want to add to the DT spot with Irving having more off the field issues...

Just going by who was brought in, who's still available & insiders guess

garyv

Reaction score
If it was a choice between Marcus Martin and Terrence Williams starting.....I’ll take Terrence Williams starting every time. I’d much rather Connor Williams, James Daniels or Will Hernandez than Sutton, Kirk or Washington at 50.
Personally what my list shows for 2nd Round is about 11 players and we pick 17th otherwise I feel we are getting a 3rd Round type talent

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just going by who was brought in, who's still available & insiders guess

As someone noted, Cowboys often do weird things in the second - like J. Smith. Wouldn't be surprised to see them take another de...

RandyOh

Reaction score
For anyone wanting Hernandez, we might have to trade up to 33 to get him. Giants are going to want him clearing the way for Barkley