Possible Day 2 Targets

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My guess would be we go Anthony Miller in the second and Tarvarious Moore in the third.

Jracowboy

Reaction score
They have to go receiving options heavy. Especially with witten retiring. And we need offensive line help to restore our idenity. And need Dl and safety. That's alot! Lol. Never the less I see something like reciever in 2 guard at 3 and receiver again

Jake0

Reaction score
Rocket? He was at Dallas from 2000-2002, during which time the Cowboys went 5-11 every year. Yeah that raw speed did wonders, right? Kevin Williams was mostly a return guy, he never had more than 2 tds in a season, his speed didn't equate to scores.

Like I said, nice to have the speed guy, but I don't see that is a bigger need than blockers for Zeke, protection for Dak and being able to stop other teams from running all over our 235 lb middle linebackers...

Ok whatever, ignore Rocket.

Like I said, the speed receiver is not going to get stats. If you just look at stats and call someone a crappy player you're not seeing how his presence is altering the formation of the defense that gives someone like Irvin and Emmitt more room to operate.

Obviously OL is more important, but this team has a freakin' loaded OL. Defense can be addressed with the other picks. LB in round 1 was good.

DanA

Reaction score
If we don't add SPEED to this offense, we will be letting teams stack the box against Zeke. That's dumb because it takes away our biggest strength and will result in shortening his career because he will get dog-piled far more often.
Thompson is a 4.3 guy, Hurn is a little quicker than Dez too so we should be alright

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
While you don't want to draft solely for need, you do need a certain number of players at each position. Okay to get along with one kicker, one long snapper, one punter, maybe 2 quarterbacks, but if you're running a 4-3 defense, you need at least 6 or 8 linebackers, and at least 8 or 10 offensive linemen.

So who'll be drafted next does depend somewhat on who you have now. Just like Vander Esch, Cowboys only had 6 linebackers on the roster, and you need at least one of those for special teams, have to have some size and some speed there.

Looking at the roster, Cowboys have only 1 center, so a guard who can play center also might be of interest. Only two true guards listed, plus Looney at "OL". Even at 3, that's only one starter for each side and one backup. So drafting a guard would not come as any surprise, or an OT to let Collins move back inside.

Other positions like receiver are well stocked, numbers-wise, as is DL, so don't be surprised if the next pick is a need pick, not the bpa...

Well well well, guess what? Drafted a tackle they will move to guard...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you just look at stats and call someone a crappy player

Who did I call a crappy player? I said Rocket's speed didn't equate to wins and that Williams was mostly a return guy. I said NOTHING about how good a player they were.
I wish people would take posts at face value, and not put meanings to them that obviously weren't said...