Possible deals to complete this roster

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Age at game 1 of the season after signing the contract:
Edelman: 31
Beasley (2019): 30
He signed a 2-year extension with another year on his contract. It didn't kick in until this year. Though I was wrong about signing after the knee.

nobody

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't get an extension, he holds out. He's got too much money coming to take unnecessary risks for 2mil.

If he holds out this year, then he's not a QB I'd want. He is under contract...period. There are a lot of free agents that need to be signed NOW. If he's going to be a diva, then he's hurting the team.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak's rookie deal expires after this upcoming 2019 season. Jerry and Stephen have both verified they are working on giving Dak a new contract this offseason in order to keep him at a cheaper deal than how much more he would cost at the end of the 2019 season. They also want to avoid using the franchise tag on Dak for fear that might scare him away like it happened to the Commanders with Kirk Cousins.

That's assuming his agent will agree to cheaper this year as opposed to next. We don't know that. Anything can happen. Why not take care of the critical needs now first?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If he holds out this year, then he's not a QB I'd want. He is under contract...period. There are a lot of free agents that need to be signed NOW. If he's going to be a diva, then he's hurting the team.

Taking care of his business is not being a diva. Business is business. Period.

nobody

Reaction score
The Dak haters are in full rage mode in this thread. Funny to watch..

People use "Dak haters" way too much. Many of us fully support him but have questions.

Personally, I believe that he'll improve and be with the team for a long time to come, but there's always that chance that he's already peaked. In any case, his is still under contract for a year. Let's focus on players not under contract who will help this team succeed. I just don't think Dak is a priority for getting a deal done right this instant, especially if both sides are committed that he will get a deal. If he has a problem with that, he shouldn't have signed that first contract.

nobody

Reaction score
Taking care of his business is not being a diva. Business is business. Period.

Question: IS he currently under contract? Did he sign that contract? If the answer to both are yes and he holds out this year because he wants a deal now, then he's being a diva. Period.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, I like Dak a lot. But if I'm the owner of the Cowboys, I'm not paying him $25 mil until he proves he can throw the deep, intermediate and short passes accurately. I mean, come on! What the hell has happened to our sensibility?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Question: IS he currently under contract? Did he sign that contract? If the answer to both are yes and he holds out this year because he wants a deal now, then he's being a diva. Period.

Anyone's characterization of Dak as a "diva" will be irrelevant to how he takes care of business.

Period.

Flamma

Reaction score
If he loses his job this year, he'll have one next year.

A young, decent starting QB has great leverage. Think Cooper Rush. Especially where not getting signed holds a young playoff team hostage. Especially when he's so obviously paid under market.

It's just risk management. A significant injury costs him tens of millions of impending money for only 2mil this year. Just not worth the risk.

A job next year as what, a backup? You do realize 90% of the league already have a starting QB, they're not paying Dak 28M. After this year's draft two more teams won't need a starter. Unless you're talking AAF, who's going to pay him?

nobody

Reaction score
Anyone's characterization of Dak as a "diva" will be irrelevant to how he takes care of business.

Period.

If a deal is not made this off-season and he holds out, he's still under contract, thus he's willfully hurting the team. It's that simple. Why not hold out last year? Why is now any different? If you don't like a contract, don't sign it. DONE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Look, I like Dak a lot. But if I'm the owner of the Cowboys, I'm not paying him $25 mil until he proves he can throw the deep, intermediate and short passes accurately. I mean, come on! What the hell has happened to our sensibility?
Dak already has proven it at all 3 depth levels, so what are you talking about?