Possible free agent additions left

heir

Reaction score
So we missed out on most/all the top names in this year's class. To be honest, if you really thought we were going to sign some of them, then that's on you. Now I'm trying to look and see which FAs left make sense for this team to sign since they might come at a lower price tag.

I see Ziggy Ansah's name and I am curious. I know there is the shoulder injury but that may drive the price down and he is exactly the type of player the Cowboys would want. A former 1st rounder who is injured. Might be an option.

I also am intrigued by Tyler Eifert. Falls in the same category as Ziggy. Wonder if he is a possibility?

I know some want Tate. I am not a fan and don't see it but maybe.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Nobody. If we didn't know this before today, we all do now.

All eyes can stay on our own "family", and we can focus on being worse than last season since we lost our slot receiver, Gregory, and might miss out on the service of 8-Game Tank depending how that goes.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we missed out on most/all the top names in this year's class. To be honest, if you really thought we were going to sign some of them, then that's on you. Now I'm trying to look and see which FAs left make sense for this team to sign since they might come at a lower price tag.

I see Ziggy Ansah's name and I am curious. I know there is the shoulder injury but that may drive the price down and he is exactly the type of player the Cowboys would want. A former 1st rounder who is injured. Might be an option.

I also am intrigued by Tyler Eifert. Falls in the same category as Ziggy. Wonder if he is a possibility?

I know some want Tate. I am not a fan and don't see it but maybe.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

If healthy I would expect Ansah to be very expensive. He had 12 sacks in 2017 but only played 7 games in 2018.

Tyler Eifert will get an incentive type contract from some team. He is a bigger injury risk than Sean Lee.

LittleD

Reaction score
We're done in FA except for signing our guys which we love. No one else out there except backups
to fill holes. That is the way Stephen rolls these days. Get used to it!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
We're done in FA except for signing our guys which we love. No one else out there except backups

That's false.

There will no doubt be a couple of bargain bin signings pretty soon.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Get ready for 6-10, don't forget this team was 3-6 at one point

movaughn88

Reaction score
I do like Tate... a lot. He’d be a big upgrade over Beasley, IMO.

I agree. I am NOT hopeful and have no idea what the FO is thinking, but if they sign Tate and some help on defense (Houston, Ansah, Suh? LOL), I won't be completely disappointed. They had to have budgeted something for Beasley, right?

Same old stuff though, not expecting it.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same
Team
As
Last
Year

You do realize you can sign your own FAs and that is still called signing FAs.

If you want a realistic list you will read what I said.
It is way more realistic than what these other people are thinking.

Just cause you don't like it, don't mean it aint true.