Possible picks at 24

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
hate using future picks unless there is someone there so valuable that is what you need to get him. IT would have to be a VERY special player
I like how Howie Roseman thought it through. Last year, he gave away a 2024 3rd to draft Kelee Ringo in the 4th. In his words, Philly had a 2nd round grade on Ringo, so no matter how that 2024 pick turned out, they team would be money ahead.

IMO, that's the kind of return it takes to start dealing future picks.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
8 career starts at RT in college and you’re starting him at LT day 1 in the NFL?

I love Mim’s potential, but there is definitely big risk there
I would actually be relieved if another team selects him before us at 24. There are two red flags with this guy - limited experience with upside and injury risk. How many wasted picks have we had - usually in the 2nd round - on guys coming out of college with the injury tag and/or raw with upside. The guy couldn't get out of the combine without pulling a hammy. Rather have the next guy up with a higher floor. Also, I wouldn't be upset with going defense in Round 1 - perhaps T'Vondre Sweat or Chop Robinson.

Chasing6

Reaction score
8 career starts at RT in college and you’re starting him at LT day 1 in the NFL?

I love Mim’s potential, but there is definitely big risk there
Drafting first round picks on potential is stupid and desperate.

1942willys

Reaction score
I like how Howie Roseman thought it through. Last year, he gave away a 2024 3rd to draft Kelee Ringo in the 4th. In his words, Philly had a 2nd round grade on Ringo, so no matter how that 2024 pick turned out, they team would be money ahead.

IMO, that's the kind of return it takes to start dealing future picks.
Agree. That is an example of what I meant; carefully calculating what you can get NOW versus the following season. Need to be done with a lot of thought though

VACowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't pass on Fautanu, JPJ or Barton at 24, in that order, and possibly Mitchell, depending what the trade-down offers look like. I'm not sure about Morgan and Guyton. I hear a lot of negatives for both. I was high on Patrick Paul early on (not a 24) but man, a lot of people want nothing to do with him.

1942willys

Reaction score
I wouldn't pass on Fautanu, JPJ or Barton at 24, in that order, and possibly Mitchell, depending what the trade-down offers look like. I'm not sure about Morgan and Guyton. I hear a lot of negatives for both. I was high on Patrick Paul early on (not a 24) but man, a lot of people want nothing to do with him.
I look at who is down on a pick; but when a lot of people are down on one you gotta think about why
ITs like that old saying
"If 25 people in a row say you are drunk, its time to borrow a quarter and lay down in the gutter."

morasp

Reaction score
With 8 OTs with starter grades I hope they find find a good one
With an impressive 9 WRs this year with starter grades and as many as 17 that could upgrade our talent level I hope they can draft at least one of them.

1 Troy Fautanu
2 Amarius Mims
3 Graham Barton
4 Tyler Guyton
5 Jordan Morgan
6 Jackson Powers-Johnson
7 Adonai Mitchell

1942willys

Reaction score
With 8 OTs with starter grades I hope they find find a good one
With an impressive 9 WRs this year with starter grades and as many as 17 that could upgrade our talent level I hope they can draft at least one of them.

1 Troy Fautanu
2 Amarius Mims
3 Graham Barton
4 Tyler Guyton
5 Jordan Morgan
6 Jackson Powers-Johnson
7 Adonai Mitchell
Unless we are very unlucky at least ONE excellent OL prospect should fall to us in the first.

reddyuta

Reaction score
imo Center position is what has held us back into being a top 5 Oline,i wouldnt pass up a top rated center in this drat like we did last draft.

Smith22

Reaction score
imo Center position is what has held us back into being a top 5 Oline,i wouldnt pass up a top rated center in this drat like we did last draft.
I agree. That said, I think JPJ goes before 24 and Frazier making it to 56 is a big ask unless the leg is an issue.

rags747

Reaction score
I’m concerned about Mims. He’s carrying 360 pounds and he has very little experience thus far. I bet you he has injury problems. He needs to get down to 330-335 I just don’t think I’d take him.
6’7”3/4 340, no fat on this dude.

1942willys

Reaction score
I agree. That said, I think JPJ goes before 24 and Frazier making it to 56 is a big ask unless the leg is an issue.
I would use our comp picks to move up in the draft in the first two rds; actually moving back in the first might be a good plan. Our desperate needs are LB, C, OT
UNLESS the plan is to move Tyler to LT. Then we can concentrate on our first two rds on C and LB and pick up a guard if we want in the third
Honestly if we can get our head out our ***** in FA pick up a couple of decent LBs that would really help in the draft. at that point we could only really need C
We can pick up a decent RB if we use the comp picks to move up to the 4th