CFZ Possible rush defense solutions?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The only two words you needed was responsibility and discipline. Two words in Dallas that is even more foreign than if aliens landed and you had to teach them English.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As much as I liked Clark as a prospect, has he shown us anything that would make us believe he should be starting? He was non existent last week.
You know the saying, run the same thing over and over again, expecting different results is insanity.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Parsons, LVE, Kearse, Armstrong, Wilson, Brown, and Diggs are the problem with the run. They need to get off blocks or step up and make tackles.:angry:
I would employ a 3-4 front with Bohanna/Golston as end's and Haskins as the NT. Allow them to hold up blockers so our 4 backers can make the plays: DLaw, Parsons, Lve, Barr/Clark

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They didn’t play him. Parsons was the second linebacker. Obviously Quinn does not think he is ready.
Think they are just bringing him along slowly after missing camp and coming back from major injury. Now believing LB is a huge need next season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You know the saying, run the same thing over and over again, expecting different results is insanity.

Thats fair, but he’s coming off a massive injury and is probably not ready. Could make things worse.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He is one of the top rated LB's against the run in all of football. Keep laughing. The rams arent losing because of their defense.
Yeah he stuffed Zeke and Pollard when we played them. :laugh:Stop embarrassing yourself. The Cowboys were smart not to pay him or Miller for that matter.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would employ a 3-4 front with Bohanna/Golston as end's and Haskins as the NT. Allow them to hold up blockers so our 4 backers can make the plays: DLaw, Parsons, Lve, Barr/Clark
Teams would then start throwing on us because we would have no pass rush but against the Giants and Tennessee it might work.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if the Cowboys can't stop the bleeding on defense, they may have to change how they play on offense. They will want to jump on teams early and try to take them out of a patient running game to keep up. Of course it will mean the Cowboys have to score early and often. Not something we have seen this year except for the Bears game.

Only way that is happening is if they add OBJ and he is healthy enough to contribute. They don't have enough weapons in the passing game to be the #1 offense they were last year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think they are just bringing him along slowly after missing camp and coming back from major injury. Now believing LB is a huge need next season.
Cornerback, defensive linemen, offensive linemen, cornerback, running back, add linebacker to the list.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The plan was for Parsons and LVE. Maybe they should play 3 linebackers like CowboysNY suggested.

I think what makes the most sense would be a more simplified approach with Parsons off the ball more. Limit the stunts to 3rd down and make sure everyone knows their gap assignments.

Gholston was a monster run player in college. Maybe give him some more DE snaps to see if he can help?

Jarntt

Reaction score
The solution is heart and pride and some scheme changes. Hopefully the rest of the defense feels like Kearse does

FhtFRWqXEAAxrAx

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Another thing that bothers me is why are they gambling so much on 3rd down etc?

If you are going to get gashed in the run game you can't give up big plays in the passing game as well.

They need to have more of a bend don't break mentality and focus on forcing FGs. It is a lot harder to run in the red zone.

Diggs basically took Lazard out of the game, they should have had a safety over the top of Watson after his first long TD.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The solution is heart and pride and some scheme changes. Hopefully the rest of the defense feels like Kearse does

FhtFRWqXEAAxrAx

Heart and pride is nice and all but doesn’t overcome a lack of talent.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I don't know if it can be fixed. Signing a 1-tech who can play would be a step in the right direction. I don't know what else. Can't change scheme now.