Possible Teams if Dak’s franchise tag is rescinded

the_h0wey

Reaction score
If the tag is rescinded like @leeblair mentioned these are the teams that I believe will make room to get Dak. In spite Dak will take a back loaded contract just to get even with Jerry.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Raiders
3. Patriots
4. Atlanta
5. Commanders

There is literally zero chance this happens. Why are idiots talking about this? What a waste of time

DandyDon52

Reaction score
While the kiddies argue about Dak, Pat is now having the SAME hold up in contract extension.
He wants 4 years. KC wants like 7. KC is already offering 40M x7 so 280M totat and Pat is refusing to sign that.
Why?? BECAUSE IN 4 YEARS 40M is going to look stupidly underpaid for a QB1.
If that is true, that was a bad offer by the chiefs, signing Pat is going to be difficult, because he is good enough to warrant more
than other qb's, but if they give that to him, it will hurt the team , and they will have him, but wont be able to have the supporting cast, so
no more SB's for the chiefs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You know what's happened since we typed all this out? Price for QBs went up again.

That's the way it works.
I could care LESS what anyone thinks Dak's value is.
His value is at least 31.4M this year alone.

You know what also happened? Jerry had two more classes of Johnny Walker and watched another All 22 of the Chiefs and has thought, at least, 12 more times about how easy it would be to write Mahommie that check.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it is that you know that he's wrong.

How do you know he is right? Why does every single media member who hates Dak uses the same line which started after Dallas leaked contract negotiations.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The only option for Dak is to compromise with our owner and get the deal done. He is not going anywhere but to play along with this the one team that makes sense to me of those 5 are the Deadskins. The others have starting QB's and he isn't backing anyone up. Can you imagine him going to the Skins?

Yea I can and see him kicking Dallas *** 2x and wining the Division and if he sees Jerry on the field he’ll slap his punk butt if he tries to shake his hand.

JBS

Reaction score
Why the heck would Dallas rescind the franchise tag? Do you guys actually think before posting? I mean seriously

CWR

Reaction score
He might be able to try that with Dak but France will not go for any of that. That dude is all about the money.

I have a feeling sooner or later Dak is going to have to grab the reigns and remind France who works for who.

Flamma

Reaction score
If the tag is rescinded like @leeblair mentioned these are the teams that I believe will make room to get Dak. In spite Dak will take a back loaded contract just to get even with Jerry.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Raiders
3. Patriots
4. Atlanta
5. Commanders

No. None of these make any sense.

Pittsburgh. Ben Hamburger is a 23 Mil cap hit and 44 Mil dead cap this year. A 41 mil cap hit and 22 mil dead cap next year. This leaves no room for a huge extension for Dak in the next two years.

Raiders. This isn't rocket science. Dak Prescott gets a lot of love, but primarily from Cowboys fans. This doesn't mean everyone thinks this way. The Raiders are not going to replace their QB that is now on a team friendly deal for the next three years to pay Prescott 35-40 million a year. This is never going to happen. It's a pipe dream.

Patriots. This can't happen this year. No cap space. Probably no interest in Prescott either. But that's besides the point.

Atlanta. Not even an option. Ryan is an 18 million dollar cap hit and 75 million dollar dead cap. Atlanta is probably the least likely in the entire NFL to sign Prescott to a giant contract. I have a better chance of riding a Pegasus.

Commanders. Again, if they weren't going with Haskins they would have drafted Tua when they had the chance. Do you now think Dak being available would change their minds? Only in the minds of those Cowboys fans that think Dak is a first ballot hall of famer and think everyone else thinks the same way. It's not reality. Washington isn't interested.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have a feeling sooner or later Dak is going to have to grab the reigns and remind France who works for who.

Depends on his contract. That may require replacing CAA and it really depends on the language of the deal between Dak and CAA right? I'm telling you, those guys are out for blood.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Even with the GOAT NE barely won most of those Super Bowls.

That is like saying Dak is as good as Brady. 10,6,4,3,3 - those are the point margins- no way Dak wins those!

New England has a better team now. They need skill players on offense, but the guts are good. I dont pretend to be a Pats expert, but I am aware their defense was tough last season and they always manage to field great oline production. When Brady took over for Bledsoe and in subsequent years Im not sure that was the case. If you give BB a solid to great QB he will do damage. Hell he won what 10 or 11 games with Cassell? Obviously guarantees are worthless.

CWR

Reaction score
Depends on his contract. That may require replacing CAA and it really depends on the language of the deal between Ddak and CAA right? I'm telling you, those guys are out for blood.

I dont like players hiding behind agents. If he gave them too much control shame on him. Although if CAA advised him not to sign prior to 2019 they probably bought a lot of loyalty. Imagine going into that season knowing you may not have your best offensive player and still rolling the dice despite a somewhat up and down career. I couldn't believe the balls that took.

CWR

Reaction score
With what receivers, what RB, what TE and a bad Oline.....why do you think Brady and Gronk left

I didn't say hed win next year. Unfortunately I believe in BBs ability to build a team and that defense is a great start.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
He wasn’t good enough to win back, keep taking that L.

Wow,

I understand that the cowboys were on a roll / win streak during Romo's injury and afterwards. They didn't want to possibly break the rhythm they had so Romo sat.

Romo wanted an open competition in camp after the benching season but was denied. This eventually led to him leaving.

If Dak is / was "the man" then competing should not be an issue.

Last edited: