Possible Teams if Dak’s franchise tag is rescinded

DFWJC

Reaction score
Another delusional thread

On both ends
  1. He's signing wit Dallas
  2. Possibly/probably ZERO of those listed teams would sign him...especially for his asking orice.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
who do you trade for? who do you target in draft.

plus, getting draft ammo for either Dalton or Dak is just a fantasy....in reality no one would trade picks for a QB on a franchise tag, I don't remember any player getting traded on franchise tag. the ones I remember, was us signing Galloway (not a trade) and giving up two first round picks....ala the poison pill as they call it.

we have options, cooper rush was an option. Danucci is an option. what I am looking for is options that lead to a championship......not playing 16 games.

Danucci may show promise?
Maybe Andy plays well and we extend (Texas boy)
Dak sees the light and signs a reasonable deal...not
France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team.

As far as college prospects, they rise and fall during the season (injuries too). Need to wait to analyze prior to draft.
Free agent QBs will be there. Someones trash can be anothers treasure....never know

Dak and Andy both have draft capital possibilities for the furture (traded or comp picks)

Football has a lot of uncertainties so its hard to pinpoint our exact QB situation for the future.

Lets not forget the QB dry spell :eek: we had between Troy and Tony / Dak.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1. Pittsburgh - When has Pittsburgh ever been big spenders in free agency?
2. Raiders - I guess it's possible, but both Mayock and Gruden, while still on TV, have talked about the luxury of building your team around 4 to 5 years of an affordable QB on a rookie deal. which is where I think they're headed if Carr doesn't turn it around in 2020.
3. Patriots - Not really Belichick's style at all.
4. Atlanta - Again maybe? More likely they would not bring in Dak now when they really can't escape from Ryan's huge contract until after 2021.
5. Commanders - They do like signing ex-Cowboys and have a ton of cap room. I'll give you this one.

I think the market for Dak is realistically us, possibly Washington and Jacksonville.

dckid

Reaction score
If the tag is rescinded like @leeblair mentioned these are the teams that I believe will make room to get Dak. In spite Dak will take a back loaded contract just to get even with Jerry.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Raiders
3. Patriots
4. Atlanta
5. Commanders

There is no point for Dallas to rescind the tag or have him seek a new contract or trade. The move was to do this when the off season started in March.
At that time a lot more teams would have been interested. I think right now only a team like the Raiders would bite. Gruden wants a QB who can make plays outside of the pocket, and Dak is head and shoulders better than Carr. If they offered two number 1's I jump on it, but as I said the moment was when the off season started.
Now both sides either agree on a contract or play on the Franchise tag. Stop wasting time.
Btw, if Dak can't handle some competition from Andy Dalton who's biggest failures is making big plays than I would be more worried about Dak.
I love Dalton @ 7 million early in the offseason so we that can sign more talent, but now who cares? To me he is great insurance in case Dak gets injured. It was a great team building football move.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Danucci may show promise?
Maybe Andy plays well and we extend (Texas boy)
Dak sees the light and signs a reasonable deal...not
France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team.

As far as college prospects, they rise and fall during the season (injuries too). Need to wait to analyze prior to draft.
Free agent QBs will be there. Someones trash can be anothers treasure....never know

Dak and Andy both have draft capital possibilities for the furture (traded or comp picks)

Football has a lot of uncertainties so its hard to pinpoint our exact QB situation for the future.

Lets not forget the QB dry spell :eek: we had between Troy and Tony / Dak.
so you, or others like you on this board....know for a fact that Dak is not good, but all these other GMs, coaches, scouts in the league don't know squat about Dak...nah, they don't watch film. they have never been involved in football and they are all clueless...thus your "sucker" comment..... sounds like you are claiming to know more than all NFL front offices...

and all you have done is present hypotheticals, not a single real optin...ala France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another suitable team....without mentioning the team and previously you claimed we are going to get a bunch of draft picks so we can load up to trade up for a QB...yet no mention of how many potential picks, what the market value of a QB with a transition tag would be, one that would be owed 32 mill on the tag and is negotiating for a new contract, which teams would be interested..... its only 32 teams, not 1845 teams that are potential trade partners

and Andy plays well, MAYBE...and more likely he doesn't.... and Danucci MAY show promise, as a 7th rounder very low chance...

you are running a fantasy league with all the assumptions and hypotethicals...nothing about what you said has anything in reality of how NFL works or the reality of the situation

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I really only see the Pats and perhaps the Raiders, because of where they are at with the Carr contract. Ben isn't going anywhere in Pittsburgh so it's not like Dak is going to get paid there. Same with Matty Ice in Atlanta. Skins are not walking away from Haskins and they have Alex Smith under Contract, plus they have Kyle Allen and they just drafted Montez. I don't see this market. I see one team in the Pats who will not pay him a record deal and I see the Raiders who may or may not be willing to fit him under the cap. But it they do, they can do not much else.

Long-shots
Atlanta - Matt Ryan is only 34 years old, drafted in 2008, and likely has at least another 5 years of good football in him. If not for the spectacular collapse of his defense, and awful offensive playcalling of his OC, he would be a Super Bowl Championship QB, and have just as many rings as Aaron Rodgers. He is also a former NFL MVP. The Falcons won't be interested in Dak Prescott.

Detroit - Matthew Stafford is still 2 years younger than Matt Ryan, and when he has the weapons, he can still sling it around the field. It is unlikely that the Lions will look to replace Stafford very soon.

New England - there is no telling what Belichick's mindset is, but he could be interested in Dak. The only major issue is that he plays even more hardball when it comes to contract negotiations, so I doubt Prescott's negotiation team would do well with Belichick.

New Orleans - this could be Drew Brees' last year in New Orleans. But the Saints already have two candidates in house to replace him in Hill and Winston.

2021 Possibilities - It should be noted that with only a one-year contract with Dallas, Andy Dalton will be candidate for any of the open positions in 2021 also.

Chicago, Cleveland & Las Vegas - all 3 teams have committed to giving their current starters at least one more season, with Trubisky being in the most precarious position for 2020. So, any one of them might be a destination for Dak if he plays under the franchise tag in Dallas for one more season.

Indianapolis - Colts have a year with Rivers, but this is another obvious spot for Dak to land in 2021.

Pittsburgh - the Steelers have been trying to draft Ben Roethlisberger's replacement for the past 5 seasons, and would jump at the chance to sign Dak Prescott. But they do not have the CAP space to sign Prescott in 2020.

Minnesota - it's a long-shot, but if the Vikings grow tired of Kirk Cousins, and don't resign him to another deal this fall, it is possible they could make a run for Prescott in 2021.

Tampa Bay - If Tom Brady proves to be completely inadequate to the QB position for the Buccaneers in 2020, they could decide to part ways after a one-year failed experiment, and be in the market for a QB in 2021.

ONLY 2020 Possibility.
Washington - the Commanders are the only spot that would likely jump at Dak Prescott this year, if the Cowboys were to cut Prescott loose this summer. They have $35M in Cap Space right now, and could immediately commit to Prescott for the long term.

Last edited:

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
so you, or others like you on this board....know for a fact that Dak is not good, but all these other GMs, coaches, scouts in the league don't know squat about Dak...nah, they don't watch film. they have never been involved in football and they are all clueless...thus your "sucker" comment.....

you are running a fantasy league with all the assumptions and hypotethicals...nothing about what you said has anything in reality of how NFL works or the reality of the situation

Dak is not good, never mentioned anything about the quality of Dak's play.

Sucker in references to paying crazy money.

My response was not to educate you on 100% best case scenario for a QB situation. There are many variables.
crazy moves by different front offices
different opinions on draft compensation
future production from draft pick or vet

Football is a gamble...many unknowns

This is why I posted this below also:
"Lets not forget the QB dry spell :eek: we had between Troy and Tony / Dak."

running a fantasy league I guess this makes you the "know all, have done all " expert so i should just disappear into the wood work.

hence the expression:
Legend in your own mind

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"...France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team.
Dak is not good, never mentioned anything about the quality of Dak's play.

Sucker in references to paying crazy money.

My response was not to educate you on 100% best case scenario for a QB situation. There are many variables.
crazy moves by different front offices
different opinions on draft compensation
future production from draft pick or vet

Football is a gamble...many unknowns

This is why I posted this below also:
"Lets not forget the QB dry spell :eek: we had between Troy and Tony / Dak."

running a fantasy league I guess this makes you the "know all, have done all " expert so i should just disappear into the wood work.

hence the expression:
Legend in your own mind
dak is not good, is your opinion, while all other facts, stats, point to him being a good QB...you choose to ignore...your choice...

sucker was written in reference to finding another sucker team.....as you posted it

"...France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team...."

and the comment stands....another sucker team, either in a trade or paying him doesn't change the fact, you are claiming to know more than NFL scouts, owners and GMs.....which is exactly what you have done....calling others suckers......

definition of sucker:
a gullible or easily deceived person.
  • a person especially susceptible to or fond of (a specified thing).

so you know more than them because they are suckers?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Everybody can say and have opinions but geez, Jerry and Stephen are not stupid. In fact Jerry is one helluva business man, definitely the best the NFL has to offer. They would never rescind the tag for a host of reasons but mainly because it is just not good business. If they rescind they get nothing as in squat for Dak. Now could they trade him, sure, but they aren't going to do that either because they know business and football and most of all Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl again and like right away. They aren't going to do that with Dalton or Cam or a rookie this year or next year or the next year. Dak is the guy going forward for better or worse and seeing how they want to sign him abet at the price they want to pay say they know more about football than any of us.

Oh, by the way, remember the Zeke threads last year. Well how did that work out? Like it or not it is their show not ours.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
"...France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team.
dak is not good, is your opinion, while all other facts, stats, point to him being a good QB...you choose to ignore...your choice...

sucker was written in reference to finding another sucker team.....as you posted it

"...France and Jerry agree after signing the tag to look for another (sucker) suitable team...."

and the comment stands....another sucker team, either in a trade or paying him doesn't change the fact, you are claiming to know more than NFL scouts, owners and GMs.....which is exactly what you have done....calling others suckers......

definition of sucker:
a gullible or easily deceived person.
  • a person especially susceptible to or fond of (a specified thing).

so you know more than them because they are suckers?

Dude
I never made no reply about Dak's playing ability.....
dak is not good was quoting how you responded, your words.

My opinion - good QB but not worth the money to resign.

My use of the word sucker
Some Al Davis type run franchise...never know, teams view things differently
my quote: "crazy moves by different front offices"

I did not claim to have more or less knowledge than teams or their personal.
Just stating opinion based on various different observation made by different front offices.
EX.
Lots of people question the amount of money Cousins got. Now it's hampering or having a negative affect on their team.
Some teams do stupid ****.

If your wanting to object, state a difference of opinion or make an argumentative response to a person's post , make sure you have read that post AND comprehend it before attacking.

bigE79

Reaction score
Wow,

I understand that the cowboys were on a roll / win streak during Romo's injury and afterwards. They didn't want to possibly break the rhythm they had so Romo sat.

Romo wanted an open competition in camp after the benching season but was denied. This eventually led to him leaving.

If Dak is / was "the man" then competing should not be an issue.
He's not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Dallas rescinds the franchise tag there could be a bidding war for Dak! He might land a monster deal something in the neighborhood of around 22 mil a season. Dak is a bus driver of a QB and his wins all coincide with Zeke having a great game. Dak made one play in that Seattle playoff game late but that game was more Zeke running the ball and the defense shutting down the Seattle running game. The disappointing thing about Dak is his redzone play. Inside that 20 he will almost always look for Zeke in the flat and then to run the ball. You rarely see him throw the ball into middle of the endzone in traffic right into the belly of the WR. Its always a short pass relying on the player to make a play. He panics when theres coverage. He wont trust his arm to throw the strike.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he is spewing talking points given by the Dallas Front Office to lower Dak’s contract value with slanders.
lol- that would be pretty hard to prove, not to mention media reports on a negotiation don't set market value or restrict what Dak and his agent can ask for.

Besides, if Dak isn't actually asking for $40 million, and is asking for, say, $34 million, a media report saying he is asking for $40 million would actually make his true asking price of $34 million look more reasonable, not less.

Even if Dak had a case (he doesn't), under your scenario it would be the Cowboys that are responsible for the misinformation, not Skip.

pgreptom

Reaction score
If the tag is rescinded like @leeblair mentioned these are the teams that I believe will make room to get Dak. In spite Dak will take a back loaded contract just to get even with Jerry.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Raiders
3. Patriots
4. Atlanta
5. Commanders

Leeblair has been trolling cowboy forums for almost twenty years. How anyone takes his ideas even semi seriously is baffling.