Post an obscure and pointless fact

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Flamin' Hot Cheetos were invented by a janitor. The janitor pitched the idea of adding chili powder to regular Cheetos to the company CEO and top brass loved the idea. The janitor has since risen up the ranks and now serves as an executive.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Flamin' Hot Cheetos were invented by a janitor. The janitor pitched the idea of adding chili powder to regular Cheetos to the company CEO and top brass loved the idea. The janitor has since risen up the ranks and now serves as an executive.

I love Cheetos, but I've never been a fan of the Flamin' Hot version of it. The flavor just didn't work for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course it's derived by high mathematics, I like this part>
" Getting back to Planck time specifically, here's an easier way to imagine just how small it really is: There are more units of Planck time in one second than all the seconds since the Big Bang." Now that's is amazing!
The shortest time ever recorded in history was the time it took her to say "no".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course it's derived by high mathematics, I like this part>
" Getting back to Planck time specifically, here's an easier way to imagine just how small it really is: There are more units of Planck time in one second than all the seconds since the Big Bang." Now that's is amazing!
I remember watching something about the Big Bang, in which they said that (and I'm paraphrasing) if you imagine the primordial atom being located where our sun is, it would've taken only four Planck times for the expansion to reach Earth.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I remember watching something about the Big Bang, in which they said that (and I'm paraphrasing) if you imagine the primordial atom being located where our sun is, it would've taken only four Planck times for the expansion to reach Earth.

This would insinuate travel faster than the speed of light! :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a toy based on the gyroscope created by Mattel Toy Co called "Whizzers" back in the late 60's/early 70's. What is not common knowledge is that that idea was pitched to them by a penniless guy off the streets in LA and he also had the name for them. They took his idea and ran with it and he received nothing until a lawyer "mysteriously" appeared, filed and won the lawsuit against them with the conditions that the settlement not be made public. There were those within the company that felt one of the executives counseled him and I've always thought I knew which one it was but he would not ever admit it.

The penniless man had plenty after that as he was given a piece of every unit sold in the settlement. The funny part about this was a newer product that had been spun off called "Mini-Whizzers" that came in a can. He received his piece of the Mini's only they didn't protect themselves and he got full comp for the Mini's as well. They decided to discontinue them and he agreed to just let one can represent one full "Whizzer" because he wanted kids to have the Mini's. I never met the man but I wanted to because he proved to be a bigger man than those over the R&D department.

I was with Mattel from 69-72 and there were 450 sales people nationwide and this company across two divisions, that based 80% of their revenue off Christmas, fired half the salesforce 3 days before Christmas and told them to leave their company cars at the closest major airport. I survived that bloodbath and the second but not the third in 1972. That was my first real look, at the ripe old age of 22, of just how corporate a corporation could be. A toy company firing 225 people 3 days before Christmas? I never bought a toy from them again.

timb2

Reaction score
Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile, so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line. You'll lose him or her every time.

ww-qa-3-worlds-longest-alligator-02-600x450.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
2018 marks the 50th anniv of Elvis' HISTORIC
'68 Comeback Special.
filmed at NBC's Burbank Studio...these were Elvis' first performances in front of an audience since the Pearl Harbor concert in '61.
4 "Live" performances were filmed for the special...2 "stand-up" performances...Elvis on stage,by himself.....and 2 "sit-down" performances...Elvis and some of his guys on a box stage...a fore-runner to un-plugged.
The special closed with Elvis' passionate,from the heart anthem If I Can Dream.
It was a historic triumph.
Elvis was back!!!!!!

timb2

Reaction score
Harvey Martin still holds the unofficial records in sacks in the NFL with 23 in a season. Martin has more sacks than Hall of Fame players like Fred Dean. Martin also was a CO-MVP of a Super Bowl ,and was on the 70's All Decade team. Yet he gets passed over every year by Canton and is not in the Hall of Fame..