Post Game Discussion Thread *** ALL POSTS GO HERE ***

Champsheart

Reaction score
I am sick to my stomach for Romo. I feel horrible for him, horrible for everyone in the Cowboys world.

BUT

This team played its heart out tonight.

Of course it was not perfect, of course some calls could have been different.

But this team played it's heart out. Everyone wanted it.
It came down to a Glenn fumble when he was just trying to make something happen, and a ball going threw Romo's hands.

It hurts, but I am proud of how this team played. This defense IMO rebounded. The O-Line did well, Julius ran with a purpose, Gramatica was clutch on the 50 yarder, Austin broke one, Carpenter was all over the place. Guys showed up, but it just was not in the cards.

People can rip Romo all they want, and I am sure they will, but he needs us fans to stay behind him. Don't tear the guy down, his heart is already ripped out.

He is the QB of the future as it stands right now, and I just hope he can put this behind him, but will you let him.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
This team showed me something tonight. They played with the fire and passion that has been missing for the last month or so. There will be other games, other playoffs and other opportunities for this team. The Cowboys are young. An off season program as the starter will do wonders for Romo. Carpenter is an up and coming player. This loss, difficult as it is, will one day be just a memory.

Tonight was the end of the first chapter of the Romo era. It will be a long book.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
1) lousy offense tonight...pretty so-so game from Romo...alot of bad throws...missed a number of open guys I saw either by not seeing them or dumping off too soon...bad offensive game plan all around

2) no excuse to drop that hold at the end...none

a few things that HAVE to go away or we're never winning jack:

1) no question, Zimmer and his idiotic schemes...if I ever see that 3 man rush garbage again when the games undecided I'll just hurl...it never works

2) hey Zimmer & Parcells, DeMarcus Ware is our best pass rusher...USE HIM TO RUSH THE DAMN PASSER, not cover wr's 20 yds downfield, or spread out on the sidline against other teams rb's wide...how freaking hard is this to figure out?

3) all the people crowing for MBIII over Jujo...MBIII got busted behind the line again on a key play..worst 3rd or 4th and 1 conversion rate in the NFL

4) way past time to get a real OL coach back in here

bottom line is bad teams find ways to lose...it happens...we are a bad team...Parcells has been here 4yrs, and stuff like this happens every yr...multiple times...its time to try something new...if I'm Jones I give Parcells a few days to do the right thing and retire, otherwise he has to do what surely will be unpopular and fire him....we're never winning a championship with the way things are now

David

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Well, I'm not tormented over this loss it was expected..... TG fumble for a saftey.....A Romo miss que for a game losing FG....its the Dallas Cowboys,,, the laughing stock of the NFL.....Jerry Jones is the one I fill sorry for.. for once he turned over the reins, paid the bucks, and what does he get....embarrassed plain and simple on all fronts....embarrasseed.......

Bill Parcells bought the groceies and the players CASHED THE CHECKs....

Emabarsseemmmmmmmmt........I AM ashamed.........

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This loss hurts.

I'll say one thing though, I was hoping to see a much better Cowboys team on the field tonight, and it just wasn't there... even though we were in a position to win several times.

I wanted to see a team come out, look sharp, and have fixed some of the problems we've seen, and be in a position to give the Bears a game next week.

But this team was the same old team we've seen since the Saints game. The only reason we were in the game was Seattle's ineptitude.

Even if Witten gets that first down and we kick a FG to win the game, this team would have lost big-time against the Bears next week. That's why I'm trying not to get too upset about this loss. We may have been in a position to beat the Seahawks, but the fact is we aren't a high-quality playoff team, and that makes me sad.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheSport78;1294441 said:
why didn't we kick the field goal on 3rd down INCASE OF A BOTCHED SNAP?????????

well gee, because there was all kinds of time left in the game...remember?

:rolleyes:

David

spindoc

Reaction score
If Dallas keeps Roy Williams around, the coaches need to use him differently. He is too big of a liability in pass coverage. I know the Roy lovers won't like this post, but the coaching staff needs to have the "guts" to either change the defensive scheme for him or just trade/cut him. He is such a liability. He's not even making the run stops he use to. It's time to show him the door because he is burned every game.

Seahawks Maniac

Reaction score
I already posted this, but

(For some reason, it won't let me post threads in the other forums, so I posted it here)

That was some game. It was right down to the wire, which surprised the heck out of me. I thought it would be a very high scoring game.

It wasn't, and it ended in our favor. But I thought it was a good game, a close one. Neither team played great, but we both played ok.

I know how it feels to lose like that, and it sucks. But the Cowboys have a very good team, I think, and they will be back. I don't want to rub it in at all, because that's a really terrible thing to do. So in this thread I just want to say, my hat goes off to the Cowboys and the good fans that stuck with them. It was a good game, and could have gone either way.

I know you guys will be back, and the best of luck to you guys in the offseason.

:)

Respectfuly,
SeahawksManiac
Ty

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
The defense was actually pretty damn good IMO..

they didnt get any pressure again like usual and when we did, they could never bring hasselbeck down.

We were so worried about our defense tonight and it played out that our offense lost us the game, with Seattles defense, we couldve shouldve wouldve put up 30+ points.....

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Tony Romo TO im still with ya baby.....DIE HARD WIN LOSE OR TIE im cowboys blue til i die.....although...we need a new DC...im bout ready to cut bradie james wow horrible

Alweezy

Reaction score
good point, not kicking the fg on 3rd down is crucial for this reason (since we wanted to get all conservative)

Uh, what bothers me the most is that you gotta look at the odds, we should have put the pressure on Seattle instead of on Romo/Gramatica by going for it The whole time I was like how can you put this game on Gramatica..

Can anyone here honestly say that if the snap had been good, the hold true... that they weren't thinking in the back of their heads.. Oh boy.. watch him shank it...

Oh well, no need crying over spilled milk, it sucks that it had to go out this way but oh well..

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TheSport78;1294441 said:
why didn't we kick the field goal on 3rd down INCASE OF A BOTCHED SNAP?????????

Because a field goal doesn't win the game there. We needed to try for the first down or a TD.

Tony had a horrible play there that may have cost us the game, but reality is that the Hawks would have had the ball and over a minute. I think there's a good chance they get into field goal range there.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Bigdog24;1294540 said:
Well, I'm not tormented over this loss it was expected..... TG fumble for a saftey.....A Romo miss que for a game losing FG....its the Dallas Cowboys,,, the laughing stock of the NFL.....Jerry Jones is the one I fill sorry for.. for once he turned over the reins, paid the bucks, and what does he get....embarrassed plain and simple on all fronts....embarrasseed.......

Bill Parcells bought the groceies and the players CASHED THE CHECKs....

Emabarsseemmmmmmmmt........I AM ashamed.........

Ashamed? Embarrassed? They lost by a single point.

That's ridiculous.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1294586 said:
Because a field goal doesn't win the game there. We needed to try for the first down or a TD.

Tony had a horrible play there that may have cost us the game, but reality is that the Hawks would have had the ball and over a minute. I think there's a good chance they get into field goal range there.

No excuse the game wasn't over well before that point. Anyone blaming this loss on Romo needs to have thier head examined.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

i say the way our defense played tonight...i would have put the game in their hands

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
and anyways, did anyone feel that with 1:09 left on the clock that Seattle wouldve drove down and Josh Brown woulda made like a 50+ yard FG to win it for them??

i had that feeling until the botched snap happened....

Alweezy

Reaction score

well that's understandable about winning the game, but kicking the fg there doesn't truly seal the deal either. if we're worrying about winning we should have went for it and left it all out on the field and this ain't even hindsight, I was saying it the whole time.. hell we had this against us:

1. On the Road in a win or go home situation
2. Too much time on the clock if we make it
3. a FG for Seattle wins the game so they have a short field.

I will ask this, had we gone for it and not gotten the yard would it have been more easier to handle than watching the botched fg? I seriously do not know right now.. right now I feel like throwing up still 30 minutes later..

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TheSport78;1294616 said:
i say the way our defense played tonight...i would have put the game in their hands

I didn't think the defense played that well. The Seahawks were just inept for much of the night.

We still got no pressure on the QB. When we did get pressure on the QB, we missed him. And our DB's still got beaten frequently.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
eman721;1294338 said:
I'm devastaed. Crushed. This loss hurts so bad.

But we will be back. This team simply wasn't good enough this year.

Next year, with a new coach and potentially new schemes (and Bradie James on the mother ****** bench), we will be back with a vengence.

Now to go drown my sorrows with my best friend, Mr. Jack Daniels.
I see I'm not alone