Post Game Discussion Thread *** ALL POSTS GO HERE ***

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Alweezy;1294656 said:
well that's understandable about winning the game, but kicking the fg there doesn't truly seal the deal either. if we're worrying about winning we should have went for it and left it all out on the field and this ain't even hindsight, I was saying it the whole time.. hell we had this against us:

1. On the Road
2. Too much time on the clock if we make it
3. a FG for Seattle wins the game so they have a short field.

I will ask this, had we gone for it and not gotten the yard would it have been more easier to handle than watching the botched fg? I seriously do not know right now.. right now I feel like throwing up still 30 minutes later..

Even if we'd have gotten the first down, and run the clock down to 1 second, there's still a chance we botch the field goal. But I guess we'd have probably kicked on 3rd down in that situation.

spindoc

Reaction score
Danny White;1294586 said:
...I think there's a good chance they get into field goal range there.

I agree 100 percent. Seattle had plenty of time to get in field goal range for a game winner. I realize kicking the field goal is the logical play, but I still think we would have eventually lost.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
One comment.....Why is Ware covering receivers 20 yds down field???? :(

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We're a stronger team after a loss like this, guys will be hungry next season. I know it sucks we have to wait 7 months but hey - was this really our season?

P.S. Great game by Carpenter, great way to end a season.

cwbyfn1957

Reaction score
Champsheart;1294480 said:
I am sick to my stomach for Romo. I feel horrible for him, horrible for everyone in the Cowboys world.

BUT

This team played its heart out tonight.

Of course it was not perfect, of course some calls could have been different.

But this team played it's heart out. Everyone wanted it.
It came down to a Glenn fumble when he was just trying to make something happen, and a ball going threw Romo's hands.

It hurts, but I am proud of how this team played. This defense IMO rebounded. The O-Line did well, Julius ran with a purpose, Gramatica was clutch on the 50 yarder, Austin broke one, Carpenter was all over the place. Guys showed up, but it just was not in the cards.

People can rip Romo all they want, and I am sure they will, but he needs us fans to stay behind him. Don't tear the guy down, his heart is already ripped out.

He is the QB of the future as it stands right now, and I just hope he can put this behind him, but will you let him.

I agree 100%. I hope his confidence isn't completly blown
Lets not forget how bad Favre(Romo's idol) played in the Playoffs when he was young.
Romo managed the game well. It sucks how it ended.
I will say this, if he is goingto be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys he needs to quit hanging his head and stay in the game. NEVER saw #12 or #8 do that.:star:

rcaldw

Reaction score
This game is on Parcells and the coaching staff. Period.

Terrell Owens, ONCE AGAIN, in a big game, becomes captain decoy. 2 catches. 2. Inexcusable. THAT IS COACHING.

2 guys playing in their defensive backfield, OFF THE STREET, and we decide that tonight is pound the ball night.

We have 13 OFFENSIVE POINTS. 13. the kickoff return is what had us even IN the game.

Steve Marriuchi said after the game that the Saints WR's will have 6 catches on the first drive if they play this Seattle defense.

He is right.

Post Parcells era MUST begin. He just doesn't have it.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
People are blaming this loss on Romo, of all people? On TO?

Wow. Just wow.

It had nothing to do with Marion Barber barely seeing the ball in the first half. Nothing to do with sticking to plays that were clearly not working. Nothing to do with basically ignoring your big-play WR the entire game. Nothing to do with ignoring matchups downfield that were enormously in our favor all night long. Nothing to do with pathetically predictable and ancient playcalling. Nothing to do with refusing to take everything that the opponent was giving to you on a silver platter.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This was a game between two average teams that couldn't take advantage of their opposition's weaknesses.

Neither of these teams deserved to advance in the playoffs. The Seahawks will get spanked by the Bears, just as we would have.

Gossamer

Reaction score
I really hope no one from this board made the trip to Seattle....

imagine that nightmare...

Tristan

Reaction score
Some players are just clutch, Romo tonight has me reminiscing of the days of Steve Pelluer. He tried to lose us the game earlier when he fumbled inside of our own ten yard line, but was fortunately bailed out by a Dallas recovery, after all the "he must be carefull with the ball talk" lately, that play was Unacceptable and Bledsoesque.

I hate Bill Parcells almost as much as I hate Zimmer!

Who the hell called the pass to Glenn at our end zone when I'm yelling at the TV and to my wife " Don't get cute!" "we can't afford a safety here!'" "Barber up the middle!"

If we had drafted Offensive linemen last year, then we would have second year players ready to plug in next year! Unless of course we pulled another Jacob Rogers/Stephen Peterman combo.

I love you Roy, but I'm starting to think you need to start pounding some Muscle Milk and play OLB in our new 4/3 defense.

1 Hour mandatory cathing footballs for DB's in practice every day from here on out, or stickum?

If I was T.O. I'm not sure I'd wan't to come back, headcase or not, like Irvin he needs the ball early and often EVEN IF HE APPEARS TO BE COVERED!

I sure hope theres some guards in free agency who can push more than a kleenex.

Win or Lose, I have not enjoyed football since Parcells has been here, I hate your coaching!

Thats all for now.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I thought Dallas played a good game. Mistakes were made by both teams and between the safty and the botched hold things got real interesting real fast. Thats foot ball though. For his first year starting Tony Romo exceded my expectations for him and I expect he will start next year. I also expect Bill to be back.

Please Bill, draft some o-linemen next draft, please. (%

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Danny White;1294847 said:
This was a game between two average teams that couldn't take advantage of their opposition's weaknesses.

Neither of these teams deserved to advance in the playoffs. The Seahawks will get spanked by the Bears, just as we would have.

Great post. The Colts would've lit Seattle up. We would have just prolonged our miserable season with a win. Sure it would've been nice to win a playoff game, but I'd rather go out like this than by the Bears sacking Tony 8 times and us losing by 3 TDs.

wxcpo

Reaction score
The refs, the horrible play calling and Romo all contributed to this loss. The refs and their incorrect Terry Glenn fumble for a Seattle safety was probably the single play that accounted for this loss. Dallas had chances though to put this game away. How can TO, going against 3rd string DB's and guys who haven't played any football this year only get 2 catches? He only even had 4 balls thrown his way all game. Absolute horrible play calling and Parcells needs to explain why he couldn't design a game plan around Owens and his ability to take advantage of Seattle's weakness.

This is the worst loss of the year (and not just because it was a playoff game) because Dallas was clearly the superior team on the field and for some reason we played down to Seattle's abilities and allowed them to stay in the game and win it. Parcell's time as our head coach is clearly an utter failure because despite the obvious talent on this team we are no better today than we were 4 years ago.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
hank2k;1294876 said:
Yes ,Roy is a safety ,why expect him to cover a Tight End.

he gave up a TD, it happens

most teams dont get shutouts every week, so players somewhere are giving up tds...

on both td passes the QB had all day to throw, and the 2nd one RW was the "help" guy, Stevens didnt beat him...he beat James...the problem with the play was Zimmer went to his idiotic "3 man rush" scheme again, and virtually every time we do it we get beat for a big play

David

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
hank2k;1294876 said:
Yes ,Roy is a safety ,why expect him to cover a Tight End.

Earlier in the week I said Stevens will look like Jay Novacek if Roy has to cover him. Roy just can't turn his hips and accelerate, he seems a little outta shape.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
wxcpo;1294939 said:
The refs, the horrible play calling and Romo all contributed to this loss. The refs and their incorrect Terry Glenn fumble for a Seattle safety was probably the single play that accounted for this loss. Dallas had chances though to put this game away. How can TO, going against 3rd string DB's and guys who haven't played any football this year only get 2 catches? He only even had 4 balls thrown his way all game. Absolute horrible play calling and Parcells needs to explain why he couldn't design a game plan around Owens and his ability to take advantage of Seattle's weakness.

This is the worst loss of the year (and not just because it was a playoff game) because Dallas was clearly the superior team on the field and for some reason we played down to Seattle's abilities and allowed them to stay in the game and win it. Parcell's time as our head coach is clearly an utter failure because despite the obvious talent on this team we are no better today than we were 4 years ago.

How was the TG fumble an incorrect call?

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1294847 said:

I see your point, but it was clear which team had the better talent tonight, and which team wanted it more. And that makes our loss just even more inexcusable and embarrassing. And Seattle DID take advantage of our biggest weakness (coaching/playcalling) even if they didn't mean to, because it basically handed them the game. I feel awful for Romo, but most of all our defense. They stepped up and played thier hearts out tonight. There is no reason this shouldn't have been the great, momentum-building win that we all hoped it could be. The defense held up thier end of the bargain. Our coach did not. And this comes from a guy who, until 2 weeks ago, made every excuse in the book for Parcells. I'm just disgusted right now.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
rcaldw;1294767 said:
This game is on Parcells and the coaching staff. Period.

Terrell Owens, ONCE AGAIN, in a big game, becomes captain decoy. 2 catches. 2. Inexcusable. THAT IS COACHING.

2 guys playing in their defensive backfield, OFF THE STREET, and we decide that tonight is pound the ball night.

We have 13 OFFENSIVE POINTS. 13. the kickoff return is what had us even IN the game.

Steve Marriuchi said after the game that the Saints WR's will have 6 catches on the first drive if they play this Seattle defense.

He is right.

Post Parcells era MUST begin. He just doesn't have it.

Great post.