Post Game Discussion Thread *** ALL POSTS GO HERE ***

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295090 said:
I see your point, but it was clear which team had the better talent tonight, and which team wanted it more. And that makes our loss just even more inexcusable and embarrassing. And Seattle DID take advantage of our biggest weakness (coaching/playcalling) even if they didn't mean to, because it basically handed them the game. I feel awful for Romo, but most of all our defense. They stepped up and played thier hearts out tonight. There is no reason this shouldn't have been the great, momentum-building win that we all hoped it could be. The defense held up thier end of the bargain. Our coach did not. And this comes from a guy who, until 2 weeks ago, made every excuse in the book for Parcells. I'm just disgusted right now.

Holmgren called a very bad game as well. I think both teams looked very suspect.

There was no way this was a momentum building win, IMO. We didn't get our passing game on track against a defense that is roughly one-tenth as talented as the Bears.

We didn't get our secondary fixed or our pass rush.

If we would have won, I would have felt very bad about our chances next week.

In the end Romo ended up saving about $1000 -- I was going to try to go to Chicago next week if we won, and I think I would have ended up seeing a massacre.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1295171 said:
Holmgren called a very bad game as well. I think both teams looked very suspect.

There was no way this was a momentum building win, IMO. We didn't get our passing game on track against a defense that is roughly one-tenth as talented as the Bears.

We didn't get our secondary fixed or our pass rush.

If we would have won, I would have felt very bad about our chances next week.

We would've felt very bad (at least I would have) had we won on a late FG like we were setting up for at the end. I had seen more than enough way before that to justify being upset.

My point has been that the game should have been over in the 3rd quarter. Even if you give the first half playcalling a mulligan (a stretch by itself), we should've been up 24-13, not 20-13 in the 4th, worst case. Game over right there. No excuse for being in position to lose the game, or even letting them get a sniff of it. We could've blown these guys out of thier own stadium tonight. Even if we had managed to win a close game, it was only close because we allowed it to be. That's on our coach. But I guess thats why we also got blown out by NO, humbled by Philly, and lost to friggin Detroit at home. And probably also why we have been doormats in the month of December each of the last four seasons.

Keep making excuses.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295279 said:
Keep making excuses.

I'm not sure what you're accusing me of making excuses about.

I'm saying we weren't that good of a team.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1295322 said:
I'm not sure what you're accusing me of making excuses about.

I'm saying we weren't that good of a team.

I guess thats what we will disagree about. I think we have (had) the ability to be a great team, at the very least to be a lot better than the garbage we've seen the last 5 weeks, and especially tonight.

I got the impression you were making excuses for the playcalling and preparation, and misplacing the blame for the loss elsewhere. If I'm wrong, my bad.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295365 said:
I guess thats what we will disagree about. I think we have (had) the ability to be a great team, at the very least to be a lot better than the garbage we've seen the last 5 weeks, and especially tonight.

I got the impression you were making excuses for the playcalling and preparation, and misplacing the blame for the loss elsewhere. If I'm wrong, my bad.

Yeah, I think you're misunderstanding me. I was saying that Seattle's playcalling was horrible, but by no means was I defending ours. In fact, I was saying that the only reason the game was so close was because the Seahawks were just as inept as we were.

It looks like this thread is dead, so unless something happens here, I'm out. :)

STSINAZ

Reaction score
everyone is forgetting this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we had 5 players on defense starting tonight with 2 yrs or less experience,,,then on the nickel 3 more came on the field! romo, barber, jones, hoyte, crayton, will all get better too..miles austin also...what everyone is failing to realize is we had the most young players in the league playing in crucial places...we also went the farthest with the youngest guys...look around we didnt field alot of experience out there tonight in comparision to the rest of the playoff teams...that is what you can hang your hat on, they will all get better,,,with a few additions i am anticipating some serious progress next year...lets face it you cant win right away with rookie's and 2nd year players....it just doesnt happen...

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1295419 said:
Yeah, I think you're misunderstanding me. I was saying that Seattle's playcalling was horrible, but by no means was I defending ours. In fact, I was saying that the only reason the game was so close was because the Seahawks were just as inept as we were.

It looks like this thread is dead, so unless something happens here, I'm out. :)

Not sure I understand your argument, because if Seattle was so inept that makes us losing the game even more outrageous. But, whatever. I'm out too. :)