Post game thoughts- wasted season

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
shhhhh.... the truth hurts some fans.

stasheroo;2395799 said:
Again, this team got pushed around by the Arizona Cardinals with Romo.

His 'injury' didn't affect that game.

The team lost 2 games without Romo and 2 games with him.

And I don't give the team or the coaching staff a free pass to mediocrity because Romo got injured.

They had all offseason and plenty of candidates to try to fix the backup QB spot and they failed to do so.

This team was supposed to be as talented and as deep as any in football.

And it sure doesn't look like it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good post
even the 1989 team that went 1-15 played with more heart than this current team is playing.
But I will be there 2 weeks from waiting to see if they can pull this back together.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2395680 said:
I didn't say we needed a team full of stars. I said our front seven isn't that good. And I still don't think it is.

And it's not like we're horrible on defense. But we don't have the talent up front to be this incredible defense people seem to want.

And I don't think a guy like Bradie James is "soft" at all... He's just not very good. Spears is the one guy I'd say could get the "soft" tag, because he is very talented but, just like in college, he doesn't play to his potential.

Couldn't agree more. If I was playing the Cowboys, I'd run a lot of crossing patterns from the shotgun. Some days they seem to be able to get there and cover it, but it at least seems like a lot of other times they don't. That Ward completion on 3rd and 12 where he catches the ball in front of our linebackers and turns it upfield for a first down happens too often in my opinion.

I think that our linebackers just aren't great pass defenders, and might be a step slow to play in space. This defense needs it's "Donnie Edwards" linebacker and I don't think he has a guy like him on the roster.