Twitter: Post Game Tweets 09/27

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
What the? He had the Cowboy record for longest string of pass attempts without a pick broken today.

I meant it in the way the game ended along with the offense having big scores, but the defense sucking. Like how the game ended with a pick, like how Tony's games ocassionally ended and it just reminded me of him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
For three quarters, Dak basically couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn on first and second down, with his fifty percent completion percentage. His homers were blaming Moore. It’s always Dak that’s untouchable..

Brutal to watch Dak throw short passes. He just doesn't place them well. Often behind receivers, rarely in a spot that lets them run through for yardage.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's more than Smith. He's an easy whipping boy for sure because he's played poorly but the other LBs aren't much better and the secondary is total trash at this point, especially the safeties.

Thomas has been playing pretty well. Though I didn't notice him today.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak’s becoming much like Romo I see. He’s now getting his interception traits.
Yeah, but when Romo did it. It was ok (according to some here) because "he was just trying to make something happen". But when Dak does it. He costed us the game and needs to be tarred and feathered.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not a lot to disagree with here.

Some good news at DT. Like to hear that Woods is picking it up now.
Trysten Hill and Antwaun Woods are coming on.​

The Cowboys are beginning to get better play from their interior defenders. Hill and Woods are a big contributors on the inside as worker bees at the point of attack. Each defender flashed at multiple moments in the game with Woods registering a pair of QB hits and Hill providing energy as a run defender. Although Hill's overzealous actions led to costly penalty on the Seahawks' two-point play, the coaches should be encouraged by the performance of their interior players.​

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Have you read any of @PJTHEDOORS posts where he compares Dak to Troy Aikman? Good stuff.

I mention Aikman only to show how he played with no run game support. But Dak is expected to carry the entire offense on his shoulders when Zeke is a no show. Zeke wanted to be paid as the top back, and got his money. Dak gets called out for his play and not deserving his contract. But people here say zip about Zeke when he doesn't do enough to help the offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
I mention Aikman only to show how he played with no run game support. But Dak is expected to carry the entire offense on his shoulders when Zeke is a no show. Zeke wanted to be paid as the top back, and got his money. Dak gets called out for his play and not deserving his contract. But people here say zip about Zeke when he doesn't do enough to help the offense.

No, you mention Aikman and his 62% completion, which is higher than Elway and Marino’s career completion%, to Dak’s career% to try and argue the bum is better in an era where even the NFL acknowledges they’ve made everything easier for passing, and while Dak has a RG that FORCES defenses into looks that any mediocre QB can haves field day with.

It’s not necessarily about how many yards a RB gets, it’s what he does to force defenses into looks that the passing game can exploit. Thats why this whole passing offense with Dak relies so heavily on play action. That’s why teams didn’t bother with Barkley and the Giants and still played cover 2 deep zone and they still struggled.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I mention Aikman only to show how he played with no run game support.
Its a bad comparison.[/QUOTE]
But Dak is expected to carry the entire offense on his shoulders when Zeke is a no show. Zeke wanted to be paid as the top back, and got his money. Dak gets called out for his play and not deserving his contract. But people here say zip about Zeke when he doesn't do enough to help the offense.
Give the Seahawks credit for making Zeke a no show. When a defense takes away your running game like Seattle did yesterday, you make them pay in the passing game. Dak had his moments yesterday, but that last interception was a killer. Especially when playing against a elite QB in Wilson and also wanting to be paid like Wilson. Dak is a sold QB, but he's not in Wilson's class, so I wouldn't want Jerry to play him like an elite QB.[,QUOTE]