Post Game Tweets 11/10/19

Nav22

Reaction score
I hear you but it’s just 3 points. If you make it you get 3 points on your opening drive. If you miss, your opponent is now 2 first downs from 3 points on their opening drive, and that’s if you get a stop.

I’d rather pin a team back and play the field position game. If you give up 2 first downs and get the stop, they are punting and you got another shot at 7 at 0-0.

I just don’t like the shot in the arm your opponent gets from the short field on their first drive...
You say “it’s just 3 points” but then you show concern that a miss could lead to the other team getting 3 points.

I could go either way on the decision. A long FG to get the team a bit hyped early could’ve changed the game too. Guess we’ll never know.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dallas should be 9-0. Lose to the Jets by 2 . Saints by 2. Packers by 3. Vikings by 4. 11 points separate Dallas from being 9-0 vs. 5-4.... well 15 points.
The Packers score is misleading. We were thoroughly beaten by them. Our scores were desperation scores. We never really challenged the Packers.
But we should be 8-1.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You say “it’s just 3 points” but then you show concern that a miss could lead to the other team getting 3 points.

I could go either way on the decision. A long FG to get the team a bit hyped early could’ve changed the game too. Guess we’ll never know.
You could argue those three points cost us the game. That decision to try that 57 yard field goal gave the Vikings serious momentum. We have the number 1 offense in the NFL and our coach decides to try a 57 yard field goal. Pathetic!!!! I would have been ok if we went for it on 4th down.

Nav22

Reaction score
You could argue those three points cost us the game. That decision to try that 57 yard field goal gave the Vikings serious momentum. We have the number 1 offense in the NFL and our coach decides to try a 57 yard field goal. Pathetic!!!! I would have been ok if we went for it on 4th down.
What 3 points? The Vikings led 14-0.

And you still have no idea how the game plays out if Maher makes that FG. He’s generally money on long range kicks, compared to most other kickers.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What 3 points? The Vikings led 14-0.

And you still have no idea how the game plays out if Maher makes that FG. He’s generally money on long range kicks, compared to most other kickers.
Percentages. You are unlikely to make a 57 yard field goal and more likely to have the Vikings starting inside the 20. No 57 yard kick is money. This is Maur we are talking about.

Nav22

Reaction score
Percentages. You are unlikely to make a 57 yard field goal and more likely to have the Vikings starting inside the 20. No 57 yard kick is money. This is Maur we are talking about.
He’s 10-15 in his career from 50+. 10-14 before Sunday.

So him missing was actually more unlikely than him making the kick.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Packers score is misleading. We were thoroughly beaten by them. Our scores were desperation scores. We never really challenged the Packers.
But we should be 8-1.

That game was mostly non-competitive, which should piss you off.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He’s 10-15 in his career from 50+. 10-14 before Sunday.

So him missing was actually more unlikely than him making the kick.
It was not a smart decision. Nobody thought it was. So stop the argument.

Nav22

Reaction score
It was not a smart decision. Nobody thought it was. So stop the argument.
“You are unlikely to make a 57 yard field goal”

100% false. 10-14 from 50+ entering Sunday.

I’m sorry that you’re not man enough to admit it when facts tell you that you were wrong.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I’m sorry that you’re not man enough to admit it when facts tell you that you were wrong.
It was stupid man. We lost.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Maur is average.