Twitter: Post Game Tweets 11/28/19

Dre11

Reaction score
Yup Harbaugh's teams went to the Superbowl and 3 straight NFC championship games. What happened to the same players after he left?

Doug Peterson and McVey are both offensive coordinators that found a slick way of out scheming defenses. You can catch a successful gimmick but in this league the defenses will adjust and then you turn in to the 2019 Eagles and Rams. These guys are not the type of coaches that will win long term unless they can always scheme ahead of the defenses. Harbaugh, Jimmy J, Bilicheck are leaders. These guys will always take mid tier talent and beat your top talent with excellent execution.

Garrett is neither. Never has been.

Lol nope they were considered genius coaches not slick, now they teams look like **** . It's the players.

gmb1

Reaction score
Actually 25, BP got no execution either

Now in a recent comment Parcells made to the Sun Sentinel, he blames Cowboys QB Tony Romo for his leaving Dallas.

“All you got to do is kick a field goal, the most elementary of plays, and then you just don’t do it. And so I don’t want to go through that process again. Too much blood,” Parcells said.
Why do the players underperform? Why? The GM?

superonyx

Reaction score
Lol nope they were considered genius coaches not slick, now they teams look like **** . It's the players.
Yup. They are still genius coaches.
Why were they considered genius coaches? Becuase of their leadership ability? Show me where anyone ever said this.... you can't.

They are scheme coaches. This isnt that complicated really. You may want to be right but you are so so wrong.

So here is an easy question.
The Rams and Eagles have the same players yet now they look awful.
Why is that? Same players.

EJK24

Reaction score
Harbauagh team went to the Superbowl. Look at the Rams, so has McVay forgot how to coach in 3 years. Look at Pederson , has he forgot to coach, these were called geniuses no their teams playing like cap. Is it the players or coachs

Fair point that those two coaches teams arent playing good this season but one thing I wanna point out...

Sean McVay took his team to a SB. He lost, but he did get them there. That's further then Garrett has ever taken this team. He never reached a championship game in WAY more time on the job.

Pederson won a SB. He won a SB and did it with a back up QB. Even taking the QB situation out of it, he still won a superbowl with minimal time on the job.

So to me, when talking about coaches who have proven they could get the job done, it's a different situation. Pederson and McVay have shown they can get their teams playing at a high level against other really good teams.

Garrett has had more time with Dallas than both of those guys combined with their teams and still couldn't do what they've done.

I'm not saying the players dont own a part in this mess but using two SB coaches (one winning) as comparison isn't exactly fair. If Garrett had the kind success these guys had, especially in such a short amount of time, I think its easier to point at the players.

Garrett needs to shoulder blame and it goes even beyond this season.

And one more thing to think about, do you think either one of those guys would have a job as long as Garrett has if they failed to get their teams close to a superbowl?

Philly kept Reid a long time but with 5 championship games and a superbowl appearance on his resume.

What has Garrett done to earn this long without at least a championship game?

Pederson and McVay definitely didnt forget how to coach, I'll give you that, however, Garrett hasn't showed anywhere near their ability in his time.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yup. They are still genius coaches.
Why were they considered genius coaches? Becuase of their leadership ability? Show me where anyone ever said this.... you can't.

They are scheme coaches. This isnt that complicated really. You may want to be right but you are so so wrong.

So here is an easy question.
The Rams and Eagles have the same players yet now they look awful.
Why is that? Same players.

They don't have the same players, they have the same core, they lost plenty on defense and lost players on OL. Been called a genius every since he's been hired

Aaron Donald discusses what it's like to play for 'genius' Sean McVay

Cardinals call Sean McVay a 'genius' in Kliff Kingsbury hiring announcement

Dre11

Reaction score
So you’re suggesting what’s happened over the past 25 years has nothing to do with Garrett.

Repeat that back to yourself slowly.

I'm saying what's going on has been going on for 25 years with all different coaches . There's 1 constant. Figure it out

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's nothing Jerry or anyone can say, now, to inspire confidence in this team or its leadership.

The plain, unfettered truth was exposed on the playing field today! Mere words mean nothing! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I'm saying what's going on has been going on for 25 years with all different coaches . There's 1 constant. Figure it out

We’re all aware of the one constant. It doesn’t absolve Garrett from his mediocrity.

Dre11

Reaction score
Fair point that those two coaches teams arent playing good this season but one thing I wanna point out...

Sean McVay took his team to a SB. He lost, but he did get them there. That's further then Garrett has ever taken this team. He never reached a championship game in WAY more time on the job.

Pederson won a SB. He won a SB and did it with a back up QB. Even taking the QB situation out of it, he still won a superbowl with minimal time on the job.

So to me, when talking about coaches who have proven they could get the job done, it's a different situation. Pederson and McVay have shown they can get their teams playing at a high level against other really good teams.

Garrett has had more time with Dallas than both of those guys combined with their teams and still couldn't do what they've done.

I'm not saying the players dont own a part in this mess but using two SB coaches (one winning) as comparison isn't exactly fair. If Garrett had the kind success these guys had, especially in such a short amount of time, I think its easier to point at the players.

Garrett needs to shoulder blame and it goes even beyond this season.

And one more thing to think about, do you think either one of those guys would have a job as long as Garrett has if they failed to get their teams close to a superbowl?

Philly kept Reid a long time but with 5 championship games and a superbowl appearance on his resume.

What has Garrett done to earn this long without at least a championship game?

Pederson and McVay definitely didnt forget how to coach, I'll give you that, however, Garrett hasn't showed anywhere near their ability in his time.
So what he got there Pederson won 1. Point is you're as good as you players.

EJK24

Reaction score
So what he got there Pederson won 1. Point is you're as good as you players.

So what? The point is these two have proven they can get the job done.

Your saying its the players fault. What makes you know that? Jason has had different faces on the team and hasn't proven he can do it regardless of who was here.

They proved they could win with talent. Ok. That's not a bad thing.

Jason can't say the same in DOUBLE the time because he hasn't won.

Thats the point.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
So what? The point is these two have proven they can get the job done.

Your saying its the players fault. What makes you know that? Jason has had different faces on the team and hasn't proven he can do it regardless of who was here.

They proved they could win with talent. Ok. That's not a bad thing.

Jason can't say the same in DOUBLE the time because he hasn't won.

Thats the point.

Jason in negotiations: “Look, Jerry. McVey and Petersen have had bad years. I have bad years, too. I’m just like them.”

EJK24

Reaction score
Jason in negotiations: “Look, Jerry. McVey and Petersen have had bad years. I have bad years, too. I’m just like them.”
As delusional as that old clown is he might buy that.

I just refuse to put Garrett in the same coaching class as two guys who put his resume to shame with way less time. Its just not a good comparison to defend him and Dre is being coach dre on here again where coaches cant be blamed ever.