Post Game Tweets (12/16/18)

khiladi

Reaction score
Ask T.O. about routes he could and couldn't run... *sniff*

And? TO never had Linehan as a play-caller. We’ve moved past Garrett being a play-caller because he sucked at it. Like I said, I was calling for his head since 2009.

Ask Megatron what routes he ran when Linehan was a play-caller. I’m not sure what your point is with all this.

Garrett is Dak’s project as a starter.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
And? TO never had Linehan as a play-called. Ask Megatron what routes he ran when Linehan was a play-caller. I’m not sure what your point is with all this.
Was JG here when TO was here? Was he I forgot

khiladi

Reaction score
Was JG here when TO was here? Was he I forgot

Was JG banished from play calling completely by Jerry in 2014 and made a ‘walk around HC’ because he is a guy who deals well with ambiguity and they didn’t want him anywhere near calling the plays, because I ‘forgot’...

Reactions: BAT

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Was JG banished from play calling completely by Jerry in 2014 and made a ‘walk around HC’ because he is a guy who deals well with ambiguity and they didn’t want him anywhere near calling the plays, because I ‘forgot’...

O yea ok did Linny run rub routes in DET

khiladi

Reaction score
O yea ok did Linny run rub routes in DET

He does here.

And does Romo praise Linehan? Yep, he does..

I’m still not sure what your point is. Teams can still suck while running rub routes. So can QBs like Dak.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly can’t recall if he bobbled it. But then again if you are expecting Jarwin to make a play for you, you’ll likely end up disappointed.

LOL

I think he and Schultz have been stepping up as of late. But his bobble played a part in that ball being batted out for sure.

Reactions: BAT

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where? Who’s a hater? Certainly not me. I like Dak, and hope for the best. I just think Romo was a better QB.
Romo was better as a multi-year starter. Dak isn't there yet. At this point in his career Romo was on the bench learning from Bledsoe's mistakes. I don't think it's fair to compare them. If Dak plays 10 years, maybe we can revisit this.

Zman5

Reaction score
No they don’t. Just because a play-book has some of the same options, doesn’t mean they haven’t changed the offense. You can ignore it all you want, but reality is reality. We’ve essentially eliminated the seven step drop for Dak, go more spread like he did in college, heavy read option, way more screens and lining up Zeke our wide, more mid-direction including bootlegs and so on.

Of course we got Linehan in the first place, because neither Jerry nor Jason wanted to change the offense completely and this was with Romo here.

Reality is you got fooled by the Dak friendly BS.

You keep talking about things that has nothing to do with receiver's routes. You can do read option and still have the receivers run the same routes as if you weren't doing the read option. Just because we run more screens has nothing to do with the type of routes the receivers run. That's like saying our passing routes are different because we run more.

Romo mostly passed out of the shotgun. He barely passed out of seven step drop. He wasn't like Aikman where he spent most of his time under center.

khiladi

Reaction score
Reality is you got fooled by the Dak friendly BS.

You keep talking about things that has nothing to do with receiver's routes. You can do read option and still have the receivers run the same routes as if you weren't doing the read option. Just because we run more screens has nothing to do with the type of routes the receivers run. Romo mostly passed out of the shotgun. He barely passed out of seven step drop. He wasn't like Aikman where he spent most of his time under center.

Romo passes heavily out of seven step drops. What are you talking about? And even Aikman says a lot of Dak’s problems are accuracy and Kurt Warner just says the same thing. Analysts are constantly talking about Dak being late with the ball. Witten also said he’s not a progression QB nor a QB that attacks outside the hashes.

So again, you can keep arguing that haven’t changed the offense, but they have. Of course the degree may not be as much as you like, even Romo and Witten said they need more horizontal routes for Dak, but to claim they haven’t changed the offense or passing routes is dumb.

They employ a whole bunch of short routes, including crossing routes and run routes, as well as a few pick plays.

But there are limitations you have to work with keeping into context the QBs skill set.