Post Garrett Coach and Staff

GMO415

Reaction score
Is the season only 4 weeks long? Damn.
giphy.gif

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Kellen as OC .

will be a long 10 years for cowboys fans while kellen learns on the job . 'garrett's process'

bodi

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley HC
Kellen Moore - OC
Brent Venables - DC

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yawn!

Great idea for a thread. We're 3-1 and we've already given up and are looking to next season.

This place has hit a new low.
Tommy---we all are in deep pain...grieving is a process..right now we are still in the criticize and cry and blame mode..if we lose to the Pack ..i believe this is Dak's most important game of his young career...another clunker and none of us may recover this season....cowboy fans are tough but we are sensitive too

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley HC
Kellen Moore - OC
Brent Venables - DC

I think this is a BONG dream your having, Lincoln is not leaving OU and Venables is not coming to pro's at OU his defense was so predictable like Linehan offense they ran him out of town. only reason he's successful at Clemson is stacked players with 4 - 5 Star Ratings.

bodi

Reaction score
I think this is a BONG dream your having, Lincoln is not leaving OU and Venables is not coming to pro's at OU his defense was so predictable like Linehan offense they ran him out of town. only reason he's successful at Clemson is stacked players with 4 - 5 Star Ratings.

https://thespun.com/big-12/oklahoma-sooners/oklahoma-lincoln-riley-dallas-cowboys-2020-finebaum

Paul Finebaum Says Lincoln Riley Will Be Coaching The Cowboys In 2020
“I think he will be,” Finebaum said. “We’re watching the soap opera play out every day in Dallas and that doesn’t bode well for Garrett. Lincoln Riley has been spectacular. I don’t remember a coach coming from an assistant’s position and having done the kind of job he’s done at OU.

Two Heisman winners, two No. 1 picks, the Playoff last year and another shot at it this year. Lincoln Riley (has a) short time in Norman

and what NFL players on D are not 5 star players or are they worse - i really don't like Venables that much

Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett reportedly isn't in danger of losing his job during the regular season, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, but both Stephen and Jerry Jones are intrigued by Oklahoma Sooners lead man Lincoln Riley as a replacement for Garrett if they move on from him this offseason.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
From @gmfb Weekend: The #Cowboys seriously weighed moving on from OC Scott Linehan during the bye week and have an affinity for #OU coach Lincoln Riley if they move on from Jason Garrett... who @MikeGarafolo says may take back play-calling.

mmohican29

Reaction score
the only way Garrett is not the HC of the Cowboys next year is if GARRETT decides he doesn't want to be. He would be a hot coach if he decides not to renew his contract:

ATL
WASH
Baltimore
Carolina
Texans
Jacksonville
Giants
Pittsburg

All could be looking for a new coach next year.

The Ravens, Giants are in no way seeking a new HC next season.

Houston, Pittsburgh likely will not either.

I think Gruden is fired after Sunday, unless they win 3 straight games. He will be fired after the next loss imo.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The Ravens, Giants are in no way seeking a new HC next season.

Houston, Pittsburgh likely will not either.

I think Gruden is fired after Sunday, unless they win 3 straight games. He will be fired after the next loss imo.

Yea on the Ravens. The last I knew, the HC was only signed through this year but it looks like he signed an extension back in Jan and I didn't catch it so he is not gong anywhere.

Shumer I could see leaving.. I think it really depends on how they finish this year with the new QB. But this is only his 2nd year so it i agree it's not likely but I did say possible and I still think it is possible. Shumer is not a guy that oozes confidence. This is his second HC gig and he has never sniffed a winning season yet. He was let go after year 2 in Cleveland, so we will see about it this year.

Pitt is a hard one to figure out. Their history says they will not let Tomlin go but the team does not look very good, even with Big Ben. He has been there around 12 years now.. i would say 50/50 on this one.

Houston should have fired BOB a few years ago. And I think if they want to regain some fans and provide some hope, they will have to fire him. This is his 6th year and he is the definition of a 500 coach, playing in one of the worst divisions in Football since he has been the HC. The Texans are a poorly ran organization so what they will do is anyone guess. Personally I hope they keep him, the worse the team is the better I like it and it won't ever been much good with Bill O Brien there.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Whoever is willing to come in here and bow down to Jerry is the most likely candidate.

Who do you think will make the next best puppet?
Me. I will do everyone a favor and only win one game, get fired, walk away with my 5 mil and Dallas will have the number 1 draft choice in 2021. :laugh:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jerry just gave the worst endorsement to his Son Jason, so i cannot see him keeping job after this season NOR after loosing skid he's about to endure over next 5 games... So question is Who do you think the next HC will be, and who will his OC and DC be.

my Picks are:

Dan Campbell - HC
Kellen Moore - OC
Kris Richards - DC

I am going with bring the TUNA out of retirement.

tico

Reaction score
the only way Garrett is not the HC of the Cowboys next year is if GARRETT decides he doesn't want to be. He would be a hot coach if he decides not to renew his contract:

ATL
WASH
Baltimore
Carolina
Texans
Jacksonville
Giants
Pittsburg

All could be looking for a new coach next year.
He wouldn't get a interview!