Post Garrett Coach and Staff

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
After how Jerry fingered Moore for the offense's swoon vs. the Saints, does he already have a scapegoat in mind to can in JG's place? :omg:

morat1959

Reaction score
Yawn!

Great idea for a thread. We're 3-1 and we've already given up and are looking to next season.

This place has hit a new low.
Some are just coming around to 23 years of our GM and 10 years of our HC. This season was over before it started as far as making it to the big dance.

morat1959

Reaction score
the only way Garrett is not the HC of the Cowboys next year is if GARRETT decides he doesn't want to be. He would be a hot coach if he decides not to renew his contract:

ATL
WASH
Baltimore
Carolina
Texans
Jacksonville
Giants
Pittsburg

All could be looking for a new coach next year.
What rock have you been hiding under?

morat1959

Reaction score
Because Front office people aren't biased fans.

1 Losing season out of 8
576 win percentage
3 Division Wins
13 win season with a rookie 4th round Qb
Said 4th round QB is now considered one of the better QB in the league
3 double digit win seasons and counting
1 fumble and 1 miracle play from being in two NFC title games
Took a team with lots of old players and big contracts and no cap space remained competitive while doing a complete overhaul of the team. Now one of the youngest, most talented teams with a good outlook for the cap.
Manages the spotlight of the DC HC job very well
Players love the guy

He has proven he can win the NFL, something that is not easy to do. He has won with a veteran QB and won with a rookie QB, again, not easy to do. I know all you guys refuse to give him any credit out of pure hatred, but again, NFL FO people are not biased fans. He would easily be a top most vacancy lists if he becomes available.
And what’s his playoff record?

tico

Reaction score
LOL. maybe the silliest post ever on this site.
Silly? Did he get one other than Baltimore? Please everyone but JJ knows what Garrett IS...He would get a O Coordinator at best.. be real with yourself kid! Most asinine post ever!

Fire407

Reaction score
I think you guys might be shocked, should such a conflagration come to fruition.
Such a thing will never come to fruition. I personally believe that no one would hire Garrett as HC, but we'll never know because Jerry will help him save face by "promoting" him to the front office.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, we’ve got the dumbest owner in the league with a HC who doesn’t even measure up to Div III. Wonder why Jerry is such an idiot?

th
but he has made over 5 billion as owner....he is a real happy idiot

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Silly? Did he get one other than Baltimore? Please everyone but JJ knows what Garrett IS...He would get a O Coordinator at best.. be real with yourself kid! Most asinine post ever!
What’s your basis for your analysis? Because you don’t like him is not an answer by the way.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dan Campbell is a motivator/old school/leadership type coach.

While it was ages ago, with Miami, he was quite green as the HC but at least got the team to play hard. Wasn't a X and O's type of guy.

Maybe being under Payton did him some good.

Under Payton is the key. No one from the Bill Parcells tree is going to be a Head Coach in Dallas. Especially after Jerry used Sparano to make Jason look good. I do not see anyone from the Parcells tree joining the Cowboys Country Club.

morat1959

Reaction score
What’s your basis for your analysis? Because you don’t like him is not an answer by the way.
A team looking for mediocrity may hire him but I don’t think any teams base their head coaching hires on this.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry just gave the worst endorsement to his Son Jason, so i cannot see him keeping job after this season NOR after loosing skid he's about to endure over next 5 games... So question is Who do you think the next HC will be, and who will his OC and DC be.

my Picks are:

Dan Campbell - HC
Kellen Moore - OC
Kris Richards - DC
I don’t like saying this but I believe it to be true: Without a complete collapse- something like 5-11 or worse, Garrett will be here for years to come. Carve it in stone. Jerry wants Jason Garrett to be his HC. He found a guy that wins once in a while and doesn’t mind working around this over- meddling, spotlight-soaking, over-talkative, micro-managing Owner. I think Jerry knows he’s near the end and doesn’t want to have to find another agreeable minion who would allow him to play big shot as much as Garrett does.

I hope I’m wrong. But Ive never seen a single quote from Jerry or Stephen that says, “Win now or else” regarding Garrett. Sure he doesn’t have a contract beyond this year. But we’ve seen this before in 2014. I’m afraid the “Garrett’s Last Stand” folks on these boards who say this is his last year are just wishfully thinking.