Post injury guys are struggling

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Pollard - juice is gone. No way he gets caught on that catch in run a year ago. No way

Lewis - can’t keep up with even the slowest receivers in the league. Should be on the bench but for Diggs injury. Izzy should be playing ahead of him.

Gallup - still not back to what he was.

Steele - it’s either a confidence issue or lack of strength in that knee but he has been awful.

But for Steele, all of these guys better be gone next year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Pollard - juice is gone. No way he gets caught on that catch in run a year ago. No way

Lewis - can’t keep up with even the slowest receivers in the league. Should be on the bench but for Diggs injury. Izzy should be playing ahead of him.

Steele - it’s either a confidence issue or lack of strength in that knee but he has been awful.

The long run he had last season where he almost got caught and then told the coach he was tired, did it for me

Potenza

Reaction score

Guys I’m sorry but

MG shoulda never got paid, I never understood the hype around him. I saw his practice clips on more than 3 occasions, I saw his game film more than I have fingers and toes. The kid never impressed me, at all.

Yeah our O-Line is in SHAMBLES. Tyron Smith got pushed around like a shopping cart at Walmart all night. He needs to step down.

As for pollard, I don’t think the injury has anything to do with it. I think it has everything to do with using him completely wrong. He’s a hellcat charger that we’re trying to use to plow snow for lack of a better word.

HungryLion

Reaction score
All the d sucking the media does about how good the cowboys training staff is. When in reality they just rush guys back from injury whether they are ready to play or not.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but some feel better making excuses. Pollard looked fine to me.
That was a pass play where he was able to break a tackle and run upfield. I don’t see the explosion from him running the ball out of the backfield. He isn’t looking like a guy we will be keeping next year.

Creeper

Reaction score

Pollard had one of the fastest top speed runs in the league last year. He looks a lot slower this season.

I think Lewis can still outrun Igbinoghene. On that TD pass, Lewis was not running full speed to keep up with the receiver in motion. That was a mental error.

Gallup is very inconsistent. Against NE, he had 5 catches for 60 yards on 6 targets. This week he had stone hands.

Steele was never a great pass blocker. But he was a bulldozer run blocking. No one on the OL is playing very well right now. Tyron Smith, as old and beat up as he is, might be playing the best of all of them.

I have not doubt that the guys will the serious injuries are not the same. So the question is, what about Diggs next year? if he comes back a step or 2 slower we are just going to have to deal with it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pollard isn't as fast as a lot of Cowboy fans think - even before the injury. He ran a 4.52 at the combine.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Here's a hint you don't sign guys after major injuries jerry and stephen are dumb. gallup= a no. 4 wr steele= a swing tackle he's been getting cooked pollard= speed and burst is different. no way he gets caught from behind before the injury.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Regarding Steele, the entire OL seems to be struggling, I am starting to think it is a new blocking scheme issue rather than just him returning from injury.
Is it me, or does it look like they're just blocking straight ahead, one on one, not pulling nearly as much as they used to?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Pollard is not a bell cow or starting RB. But JJ is paying him so he will be getting a bulk of the carrys. No one else is getting enough carrys to get in the flow of the game. We have red zone problems but we handed it off to Luepke from the 4 and he runs it in for a TD a few games ago. Other than that he gets nothing for carrys. Our O-Line starters are all playing together for the second game now and is not looking good.