Post injury guys are struggling

starfan1

Reaction score
That was a pass play where he was able to break a tackle and run upfield. I don’t see the explosion from him running the ball out of the backfield. He isn’t looking like a guy we will be keeping next year.
I don’t think keeping pollard beyond this year has ever been part of the plan. I think his lack of e polos ion is overblown and his ypc is as much on the Oline as it is him

Zeke is missed on goal line that’s about it

Brax

Reaction score
Here's a hint you don't sign guys after major injuries jerry and stephen are dumb. gallup= a no. 4 wr steele= a swing tackle he's been getting cooked pollard= speed and burst is different. no way he gets caught from behind before the injury.
Injured players are a Jones tradition think about those second round guys. I don’t get it, even LVE , Dr. Jones should hang up his shngle

HungryLion

Reaction score
As much as I like Pollard. The plan has to be to move on after this season. Draft a nice RB in the 2nd or 3rd and let’s go with fresh young legs

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Pollard isn't as fast as a lot of Cowboy fans think - even before the injury. He ran a 4.52 at the combine.
Some players continue to accelerate past the 40 yards...Pollard has always looked like he hits top speed about 50 yards into a sprint. I think people underestimate the energy expended in breaking that tackle, the way he spun out of that reminded me of Barry Sanders. Once he got going straightline I think he let up just a little in order to protect the ball...if he sells out trying to straight up outrun everyone the ball would have been carried a little looser...which could have resulted in a turnover. He played smart and got 60 yards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Asante samual jr is faster than Pollard even before his injury.
Yeah people are freaking out over him getting caught....Asante Samuel isn't some lineman lol. THe guy is faster than Pollard lol. Not to mention Pollard had been running and got tackled and broke a tackle and kept running. Goodness.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pollard isn't as fast as a lot of Cowboy fans think - even before the injury. He ran a 4.52 at the combine.
He's faster than a 4.5. I don't know what happened there but Pollard has as some of the fastest on field performances in the league last year.

tomokawan

Reaction score
All the d sucking the media does about how good the cowboys training staff is. When in reality they just rush guys back from injury whether they are ready to play or not.
Look on the bright side. Tyler Smith got credited with half a sack on Dak when he got speared into Dak. That play was comically pathetic.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard - juice is gone. No way he gets caught on that catch in run a year ago. No way

Lewis - can’t keep up with even the slowest receivers in the league. Should be on the bench but for Diggs injury. Izzy should be playing ahead of him.

Gallup - still not back to what he was.

Steele - it’s either a confidence issue or lack of strength in that knee but he has been awful.

But for Steele, all of these guys better be gone next year.
Steele will take some time.

His injury was brutal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Guys I’m sorry but

MG shoulda never got paid, I never understood the hype around him. I saw his practice clips on more than 3 occasions, I saw his game film more than I have fingers and toes. The kid never impressed me, at all.

Yeah our O-Line is in SHAMBLES. Tyron Smith got pushed around like a shopping cart at Walmart all night. He needs to step down.

As for pollard, I don’t think the injury has anything to do with it. I think it has everything to do with using him completely wrong. He’s a hellcat charger that we’re trying to use to plow snow for lack of a better word.
He had an 1100 yard season in 2019 but his numbers have been dropping ever since. After trading away Amari Cooper and allowing Cedrick Wilson to get away in free agency, Jerry had no choice but to pay Gallup.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
He had food poisoning.
He is a 4.4 guy with elite burst. He ran a "slower" time than Zeke but nobody would argue even Prime Zeke had more burst than Pollard

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard - juice is gone. No way he gets caught on that catch in run a year ago. No way

Lewis - can’t keep up with even the slowest receivers in the league. Should be on the bench but for Diggs injury. Izzy should be playing ahead of him.

Gallup - still not back to what he was.

Steele - it’s either a confidence issue or lack of strength in that knee but he has been awful.

But for Steele, all of these guys better be gone next year.
Pollard looked fast to me. He was caught by a Cornerback...They tend to be fast...

On the TD play, Lewis slowed down (mental error) and then had to try to catch up. He could have been in position if he had kept running.

Gallup's was in position to catch the ball multiple times...I don't think his hands were injured.

Steele has faced some good pass rushers.

My concern is Zack Martin. He has struggled at times this season...Is it related to injury issues?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His Pro-Day runs were 4.38 and 4.43.

He pulled up on the combine forty and had food poisoning. That's why he didn't do the 3-cone and SS at the combine.