CFZ Post Wk 15: QB Combined Statistical Ranking

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hurts has a +28 differencial so far...so he's adding, on average, +2 to his total each week.
Mahomes has a +27...so about the same
Burrow is next at +24

Any 16 game total of over +20 is a nice year

I think the Cowboy record is +25 regular season and + 29 thru the playoffs (Romo 2014)

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Dak tied for 18th is not a good look for the player or the Org.

He's not going to live up to the contract. The Jones boys got caught with their pants down and had no plan in place except be backed into a corner by Dak and his agent. This gaff will keep the Cowboys from getting over the hump for the foreseeable future. But hey, they don't have to have any accountability for giving the wrong QB 40 million.

DFWJC

Reaction score
...if it helps, Dak would move up to 14th or so if we project his differential of 0.78 per game thru all 14 games

Then again, we would have to do that for everyone that missed games

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's not going to live up to the contract. The Jones boys got caught with their pants down and had no plan in place except be backed into a corner by Dak and his agent. This gaff will keep the Cowboys from getting over the hump for the foreseeable future. But hey, they don't have to have any accountability for giving the wrong QB 40 million.
If we win the SB nobody will care what he makes. Naw...ya'll will never mind.

terra

Reaction score
Yet somehow the Cowboys are 1st in the NFL averaging 35 points per game since Dak's return as opposed to the 21.4 points per game they scored with Cooper Rush at quarterback. And their total yards, 3rd down conversion rate, yards per play, and red zone offense are all top three.

This offensive explosion is amazing with such an "inferior" quarterback back at the helm.
So the logical conclusion is that Dak is not the primary factor with such poor stats

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Half of the equation is
Total Tds - Turnovers....if trending positive...IS a cumulative statistic.

I guess I could go by ratio, but then bus drivers come back into the picture

A guy with 8 TDs a full year and only 2 turnovers would be 4:1
A guy doing WAY better....with 39 TDs and only 10 turnovers (MVP level stats) would only be 3.9:1.....lol

Maybe I could do it by differential (not ratio) per game .....might have to try that
Got ya.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll repeat the intro from previous weeks....
I did this the last few years.
It pretty much delivers the league MVP every year.

Don't get too worked up over this. Just data.

Combine and average the QBs' rank of the following two categories and tally.
  1. Differential: Total TDs (Passing/Rushing TDs ) - Total Turnovers ....This reduces bus-driving a little bit
  2. Standard NFL Passer Rating

This is where we stand after 15 weeks (14 games)
3-way tie at the top
  1. Mahomes (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
  2. Hurts (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
  3. Tagovailoa (tied 1st (MVP candidate?)
  4. Burrow (almost caught up to the top 4)
  5. G Smith (career year, by far)
  6. Allen (closing the gap)
  7. Garoppolo ( out for year, may remove him soon)
  8. Goff
  9. Lawrence (keeps rising
  10. Cousins (also rising)
  11. Dalton (hard to believe, but there he is)
  12. Carr ...the next 8 QBs are all bunched together
  13. Rodgers (historically low for him)
  14. Brady
  15. Herbert
  16. Jackson
  17. Tannehill
  18. PRESCOTT (tied 18th)
  19. Fields (tied 18th)
  20. D Jones
  21. Mariotta (benched)
  22. Murray
  23. Brissett
  24. R Wilson
  25. Heinike
  26. Stafford (out for season)
  27. Wentz
  28. Rush
  29. Mayfield
  30. M Jones
  31. Mills
  32. Z Wilson
  33. Ryan
  34. Pickett
Players not included due to not of enough games played:
Darnold, Purdy, White, K Allen, Huntley, Rypien, Trubisky, Watson, McCoy.

Here are the prior week's results
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/2022-post-wk-14-qb-combined-statistical-ranking.504431/
Feelings incoming.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
If we win the SB nobody will care what he makes. Naw...ya'll will never mind.

With a salary cap and a player being paid that much with a chunk of the cap better lead the team to a super bowl. If there wasn't a cap yea I could care less what anyone makes. Since being that big of a cap hit keeps the team from signing other players you pay more attention. See how that works?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With a salary cap and a player being paid that much with a chunk of the cap better lead the team to a super bowl. If there wasn't a cap yea I could care less what anyone makes. Since being that big of a cap hit keeps the team from signing other players you pay more attention. See how that works?
So why do you think for the last few years the Cowboys haven’t spent in free agency? You do understand that if we didn’t have Dak’s contract we would just be giving it to guys like Conner Williams, Amari Cooper and La El Collins right? Probably even Jaylon Smith. The Cowboys had cap space and didn’t use it. Why do you guys keep letting Stephen tell y’all we are broke? Wake the hell up.

SlingBoy

Reaction score
Interesting that the 2 highest paid QBs for this season, Stafford and Wilson are 24th and 26th. Dak is actually 14th highest paid this season so he's not the lowest bang for the buck. Now next year.......

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think Mahomes had the weakest supporting offensive cast compared to the other top 5. No great WRs and one great TE plus average RBs.

It will for sure be either Hurts, Mahomes, or Tua.....and I suspect Tua is out.
Or unless something radical happens over the last 3 games

Geno's team is only 7-7 and are fading, so that would be tough. He's been real solid though. There's a giant gap between him and the top 3 if I showed the numbers
agree, but I was just looking at how they elevated their team, not stats. Stats dont mean much to me. They tell me a little, but I use other things
to evaluate players or teams.
I also think D jones for giants has done a good job this season. nyg were supposed to be a 4 win team, and now here they are looking to be one of
the wc teams.

And honestly I think the MVP award is kinda stupid and irrelevant most of the years lol.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
hurts has improved, or guy, no so much.
So why do you think for the last few years the Cowboys haven’t spent in free agency? You do understand that if we didn’t have Dak’s contract we would just be giving it to guys like Conner Williams, Amari Cooper and La El Collins right? Probably even Jaylon Smith. The Cowboys had cap space and didn’t use it. Why do you guys keep letting Stephen tell y’all we are broke? Wake the hell up.

I don't let the Jones boys off the hook at all. I have been critical since the off season of them being cheap. And if the plan was to pay Jaylon Smith, Collins ect if the didn't pay Dak then there are much bigger problems. Pay the right guys, I'm just not sure Dak was one of them. Time is running out.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Jury’s still out. Crappy offensive line and middle of the pack at best receivers….so much talent.
Jury has decided and the verdict is:Dak can put up decent meaningless stats when games don’t really matter, but when it’s money time in big games and big situations he folds like a cheap suit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't let the Jones boys off the hook at all. I have been critical since the off season of them being cheap. And if the plan was to pay Jaylon Smith, Collins ect if the didn't pay Dak then there are much bigger problems. Pay the right guys, I'm just not sure Dak was one of them. Time is running out.
I just don’t get why you guys think this team would spend money on outside free agents. What is the last big name free agent they’ve signed?