CFZ Post Wk 15: QB Combined Statistical Ranking

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jury has decided and the verdict is:Dak can put up decent meaningless stats when games don’t really matter, but when it’s money time in big games and big situations he folds like a cheap suit.
Well he’s the Cowboys QB so get with it or move on. I don’t know what to tell you guys. Y’all sat there and watched Romo fail for 13 years and didn’t think nothing of it. Dak has 6 more to go lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'll repeat the intro from previous weeks....
I did this the last few years.
It pretty much delivers the league MVP every year.

Don't get too worked up over this. Just data.

Combine and average the QBs' rank of the following two categories and tally.
  1. Differential: Total TDs (Passing/Rushing TDs ) - Total Turnovers ....This reduces bus-driving a little bit
  2. Standard NFL Passer Rating

This is where we stand after 15 weeks (14 games)
3-way tie at the top
  1. Mahomes (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
  2. Hurts (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
  3. Tagovailoa (tied 1st (MVP candidate?)
  4. Burrow (almost caught up to the top 4)
  5. G Smith (career year, by far)
  6. Allen (closing the gap)
  7. Garoppolo ( out for year, may remove him soon)
  8. Goff
  9. Lawrence (keeps rising
  10. Cousins (also rising)
  11. Dalton (hard to believe, but there he is)
  12. Carr ...the next 8 QBs are all bunched together
  13. Rodgers (historically low for him)
  14. Brady
  15. Herbert
  16. Jackson
  17. Tannehill
  18. PRESCOTT (tied 18th)
  19. Fields (tied 18th)
  20. D Jones
  21. Mariotta (benched)
  22. Murray
  23. Brissett
  24. R Wilson
  25. Heinike
  26. Stafford (out for season)
  27. Wentz
  28. Rush
  29. Mayfield
  30. M Jones
  31. Mills
  32. Z Wilson
  33. Ryan
  34. Pickett
Players not included due to not of enough games played:
Darnold, Purdy, White, K Allen, Huntley, Rypien, Trubisky, Watson, McCoy.

Here are the prior week's results
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/2022-post-wk-14-qb-combined-statistical-ranking.504431/

Amazing how you never post these rankings after a nice win. Agenda much?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
GASP - - - - - - - - - - - -

I heard it here that Dak was top 5.

"was"

Don't know that he was ever top 5, but this is probably his worst season since 2017.

Also, he doesn't run much anymore. First 3 seasons, 6 rushing TDs per season. Since the ankle injury, he runs less and gets less yards when he does.

Would help if they sent Pollard deep more than once a season. That pass to Pollard was right on target. Dak really did improve his deep throw accuracy. Putting Hilton on the field should help.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yet somehow the Cowboys are 1st in the NFL averaging 35 points per game since Dak's return as opposed to the 21.4 points per game they scored with Cooper Rush at quarterback. And their total yards, 3rd down conversion rate, yards per play, and red zone offense are all top three.

This offensive explosion is amazing with such an "inferior" quarterback back at the helm.

The problem with Dak is the picks, he dam near leads the league in picks and he missed 5 games.

Daks TD to INT ratio is 3rd worst in the entire NFL, that is why those offensive numbers you mentioned are not translating to wins.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A anti-Dak thread created by a Dak hater.

And I'm supposed to take this dumb formula seriously? Pfft!

:thumbdown:

DFWJC

Reaction score
A anti-Dak thread created by a Dak hater.

And I'm supposed to take this dumb formula seriously? Pfft!

:thumbdown:
Not remotely a Dak hater and Ive been posting this thread every week for 2 years after about week about mid season when there enough data.
Earlier last year

its more about the MVP.but also give a “general picture of how players are doing…this year on,y.

Btw, Dak was near the top much of last year and I posted every week.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well he’s the Cowboys QB so get with it or move on. I don’t know what to tell you guys. Y’all sat there and watched Romo fail for 13 years and didn’t think nothing of it. Dak has 6 more to go lol.
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again...

All, if not most, of these Dak haters are them butthurt Romo lovers! Thanks why they still act up like kids and attack Dak 24/7. It's been going on since Dak's rookie year where his play forced Romo on the bench and eventually retirement.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"The problem with Dak are the picks. He throws so many costly picks!!!"

Well, if y'all did some honest tape reviewing and listened to the professionals who do review tape for a living, 6 of Dak's 11 Interceptions were actually not Dak's fault...

In other words and in reality, Dak only has 5 Interceptions that he is responsible for. The other 6 are on his receivers.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The problem with Dak are the picks. He throws so many costly picks!!!"

Well, if y'all did some honest tape reviewing and listened to the professionals who do review tape for a living, 6 of Dak's 11 Interceptions were actually not Dak's fault...

In other words and in reality, Dak only has 5 Interceptions that he is responsible for. The other 6 are on his receivers.

Picks are part of it
But it's the off target throws that are unacceptable. But he's deadly under 5 yds! Well, unless he's throwing to the flat he off target there also. But it's understandable as he's under great pressure in the pocket. Oops that's not true either.
There you have it a 40 million dollar QB worth 4 million at best.

Zman5

Reaction score
When Dak used to run more, his rushing TDs didn't count according to Dak bashers. Now that he doesn't run much, rush TDs are important again. LOL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I see some are comparing Dak and Fields.
Impossible to truly compare unless they play with the same team and vs same opponents but here were the results from this data so far. But Dak has played fewer games, so his differential would probably be higher since he is positive, but his rating could go up or down with more games.

Fields
Total TD (23) - Total Turnovers (11) = +12 (tied for 10th place)
Standard Passer Rating = 88.0 (22nd place)
(Didn't use QBR but he's 14th)

Prescott
Total TD (18) - Total Turnovers (11) = +7 (tied for 20th place)
Standard Passer Rating = 88.0 (12th place)
(Didn't use QBR is 16th)
93.8 not 88 (a cut and paste oops)
The 12th part was right….which was what was used

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not remotely a Dak hater and Ive been posting this thread every week for 2 years after about week about mid season when there enough data.
Earlier last year

its more about the MVP.but also give a “general picture of how players are doing…this year on,y.

Btw, Dak was near the top much of last year and I posted every week.
You've gone and hurt some feelings so they're lashing out. Don't take it personally, they're very emotional when it comes to Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

All, if not most, of these Dak haters are them butthurt Romo lovers! Thanks why they still act up like kids and attack Dak 24/7. It's been going on since Dak's rookie year where his play forced Romo on the bench and eventually retirement.
I already know man. You can tell who they every time Dak gets hurt they pray he gets replaced same way Romo did. Like give it a rest it’s over lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

and I'll say again all the dak lovers are Romo haters!! That's why they still act up like kids and attack Romo 24/7. [/QUOTE]

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and I'll say again all the dak lovers are Romo haters!! That's why they still act up like kids and attack Romo 24/7.
[/QUOTE]
Aww, Romo's biggest cheerleader is here...right on cue. How cute.
:laugh:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
:laugh:[/QUOTE]
ah, I see my post was true. You want to give the guys/gals the cliff notes on your crying thread about Romo. they should make it into a lifetime movie. It was a real tear-jerker. I give the tears a B.

It was kind of strange. You got all mad because you found out Romo liked women and was dating stars. Dang, it was very strange.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:laugh:
ah, I see my post was true. You want to give the guys/gals the cliff notes on your crying thread about Romo. they should make it into a lifetime movie. It was a real tear-jerker. I give the tears a B.

It was kind of strange. You got all mad because you found out Romo liked women and was dating stars. Dang, it was very strange.[/QUOTE]
Get off them drugs and learn how to post. Sheesh

BTW, Romo is waiting for his back rub. Get...